Are foreign investors being drawn to Dubai again?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
We only need to look back at the 2008/9 worldwide economic downturn to see the impact this had on the previously buoyant Dubai real estate market. This was a market which came from nowhere at the turn-of-the-century to emerge as one of the hotspots of recent times. However, when the US mortgage crisis hit home

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Continue reading...

N

nmb

I would ask the question, did foreign investors actually leave the Dubai property market en masse? We saw the headlines, we saw property prices falling and while some investors did sit on the sidelines did they ever really leave the market or were they just waiting for the next entry point?

M

Moaza Al Shamsi

I would ask the question, did foreign investors actually leave the Dubai property market en masse? We saw the headlines, we saw property prices falling and while some investors did sit on the sidelines did they ever really leave the market or were they just waiting for the next entry point?
Hi NMB,

Investors actually didn't leave Dubai, the market is stable and sales from the land department have just been released. The market is actually quite good at the moment, having 30 properties myself I get approached by a lot of investors who are looking to buy. Each area is priced differently and depends what you are looking for actually.

N

nmb

Hi @Moaza Al Shamsi I would welcome your opinion on whether the recent regulatory changes have given investors more confidence when investing in Dubai real estate?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Long-term investors never left the Dubai real estate market it was only the short-term speculators who had their fingers burnt who fled the area. Long-term steady investment in Dubai property should yield good returns and hopefully the spectators will not ruin the market this time round!

N

nmb

You will never rid property markets of the speculative investor and in some cases they do actually add to short term liquidity. However, an increase in speculative investment in a particular market can sometimes indicate a property price bubble starting to form.