Are buyers returning to the Spanish real estate market?

D

DaveBig

Yes, but most asking prices are still too high. So you need to get discounts any way you can.

D

DaveBig

Personally speaking, I think reputation counts for a lot in the investment industry and if an agent is seen as unscrupulous, would you really want to work with them?
First of all, all agents are making money from the seller, they are not on your side whatever they say.

Yes some will be downright dishonest than others, but at the end of the day they are selling the property, not buying it for you.

It is up to you to check everything and make sure you are getting a good deal. Use a surveyor, do price history research, look at comparables, etc..

So after doing all this work, why the hell should I pay an agent full commission for not working in my interest.

I would rather find the manager who will take a backhander or a smaller commission.

T

TONI MARQUES

First of all, all agents are making money from the seller, they are not on your side whatever they say.

Yes some will be downright dishonest than others, but at the end of the day they are selling the property, not buying it for you.

It is up to you to check everything and make sure you are getting a good deal. Use a surveyor, do price history research, look at comparables, etc..

So after doing all this work, why the hell should I pay an agent full commission for not working in my interest.

I would rather find the manager who will take a backhander or a smaller commission.
Agent must be paid by the vendor. So it's working for the vendor. The best you can do as a purchaser it's geting independent advice, someone who will look only for your interest. Nonybody can be looking on the interests of seller and purchaser

F

FWL

Perfectly put, at the end of the day it is you that are investing your money and you must be happy that the investment is in your best interests. Therefore, those who do not seek independent professional advice do so at their own risk.

D

diyhelp

Those who feel that sales agents work on the buyers behalf, as well as the seller, are kidding themselves. Ultimately their aim is to get the best price for the seller?

K

karenburton1305

I know my family have discussed buying, but they're split on where. My dad would prefer spain but my mum is adament that if she's investing in property, she's doing it somewhere that is always hot. Plus she's not a fan of the spain vibes. On the flip side, my dad prefers the idea of having a camper van and driving round spain isntead.