Apperance V Practicallity

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave99

When people are looking for an apartment / flat / villa (or whatever) in Egypt how important is it that the outside / main frontage looks really good compared to the practical features of the unit you are considering.

There are some really great looking frontage around Hurghada, and others that get spoilt with a/c units etc, or odd looking shops on the ground floor, or odd colour schemes etc.

Or are people more interested in large bedrooms, lots of balcony space, full kitchens, 2 bathrooms, built in wardrobes, pool with sun, roof terraces, car parking space etc.

D

distant dreamer

Hi,

For me it has to be a mix of both. I really wouldn't consider a beautiful apartment if I hated the outside of it. I think the outside should look attractive, but of course I'd want the accommodation to meet my requirements also. I always think if the outside is not attractive it will immediately put off future buyers, without even steping inside!

C

cin7166

I like the outside to look attractive, nice design etc. Also I like spacious rooms, decent sized kitchens, fitted wardrobes, and decent size balcony.

A

Aegean

Don't know in your market but apartment needs some style outside and at least 13m2 double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes.

K

kimkonnoris

Don't know in your market but apartment needs some style outside and at least 13m2 double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes.
nice finish on outside, good balcony space{ enough for small table & 2 chairs}
decent sized kitchen, nice size lounge, 2 bathrooms, wardobes in bedrooms is a plus. tv internet sockets. appearnace- light and airy.

apartments that are painted in different bright colours, put me off, also if land around apartments is untidy, where as an apartment/building that looks clean, tidy, good overall appearance appeals to me.

Last edited:
A

awahee123

Banned
Hi all,

Yes I think appearance has definately got to be number 1 ,what would also be nice is to also have what you require from a developer,large sun terrace and balconies,pool and quality upkeep and workmanship of the development ,Wi-fi and a few other facilities.Am I asking too much?..Probably ,so appearance has to come first.
After all if you don't like the look of the place together with location I certainly wouldn't invest in it.Good question Dave99.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
Hi all,

Yes I think appearance has definately got to be number 1 ,what would also be nice is to also have what you require from a developer,large sun terrace and balconies,pool and quality upkeep and workmanship of the development ,Wi-fi and a few other facilities.Am I asking too much?..Probably ,so appearance has to come first.
After all if you don't like the look of the place together with location I certainly wouldn't invest in it.Good question Dave99.
The aperance is not everything

crombiestone

crombiestone

I would say that the outward appearance of the development would be very important to me . The density of the apartments (ie how many floors ,how many sharing the pool ),whats my view like ?

This followed by the surrounding developments (no good being a rose amongst thorns ). As most people will be going for sun . I think its important to have a pool with a good southerly aspect that isnt going to be overlooked . I would be concerned if the development backed onto a main road as Egyptians tend to drive with their horns ;) and other factors that might cause noise (nightclubs,bars etc).I would rather be in a quiet area than a really lively one.

Then apartment practicality . Nice size terrace or balcony (roof terrace a big plus) .Fair sized rooms with separate living area (studio's out for me).The possibility of noise from surroundings (The first apartments near lifts will be noisier than at the end of the corridor). The fewer directly neighbouring apartments the better really .Good finish and good aftersales are also important.

A

awahee123

Banned
I 100% agree with you crombiestone,I can't imagine any investor buying something they didn't like the look of,unless it was really special inside and I mean really special.
These are just my thoughts and what I prefer I'm sure there will be many people with different requirements depending on use.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
I 100% agree with you crombiestone,I can't imagine any investor buying something they didn't like the look of,unless it was really special inside and I mean really special.
These are just my thoughts and what I prefer I'm sure there will be many people with different requirements depending on use.
I think yeah eachone of us has his own aspects and periorities

R

redangel7861

Apperance and luxury is everything. If your purchasing on a resort then you want the best.

L

Lsab

Apperance and luxury is everything. If your purchasing on a resort then you want the best.
Agreed. I want the best that I can afford - so both inside and out are equally important to me - but that's because we're buying for investment and want to be able to sell easily. Had we not been going for Regency Beach already (and very excited about it, I might add!),Hania Beach sounds as though it would fit our requirements. If investment is not your main reason for buying then maybe inside is more important than out. I'm sure there'll be very differing opinions on this.

L

Lsab

That would top the list of course - I kind of thought of luxury and quality as one and the same but maybe that's not the case. No matter how gorgeous it looks, if it's badly built it goes without saying that nobody would be interested.:)

R

redangel7861

BUt what about qyality withing 2 months of delivery this apearance with bad quality will be gone
Hi Realestate.

I would expect that when using the word "quality" it would include solid build quality as well.

Rgds
RED

D

dave99

Stating the obvious maybe

WE seem to be getting answers to a question that has not been asked ?

What I'm trying to ask is what is the relative importance of each element - being appearance or practicallity

I know we all want everything, but if you are on a "budget" where do you put most of your cash.

I can see that if the development looks bad from the outside (but none do) it may not re-sell, but just how good does it have to be to be acceptable and at what point do the other things become more important.

My point is that people may be "encouraged" by a fantastic artists impression when buying off-plan, only to be a bit disappointed if it looks different when completed, however the practical stuff will be in the contract etc.

realestatemart

realestatemart

Banned
WE seem to be getting answers to a question that has not been asked ?

What I'm trying to ask is what is the relative importance of each element - being appearance or practicallity

I know we all want everything, but if you are on a "budget" where do you put most of your cash.

I can see that if the development looks bad from the outside (but none do) it may not re-sell, but just how good does it have to be to be acceptable and at what point do the other things become more important.

My point is that people may be "encouraged" by a fantastic artists impression when buying off-plan, only to be a bit disappointed if it looks different when completed, however the practical stuff will be in the contract etc.
at this point should know about this developer history of projects this will be best refrence

W

WESTMIDS33

Banned
Rose amongst thorns

I would say that the outward appearance of the development would be very important to me . The density of the apartments (ie how many floors ,how many sharing the pool ),whats my view like ?

This followed by the surrounding developments (no good being a rose amongst thorns ). As most people will be going for sun . I think its important to have a pool with a good southerly aspect that isnt going to be overlooked . I would be concerned if the development backed onto a main road as Egyptians tend to drive with their horns ;) and other factors that might cause noise (nightclubs,bars etc).I would rather be in a quiet area than a really lively one.

Then apartment practicality . Nice size terrace or balcony (roof terrace a big plus) .Fair sized rooms with separate living area (studio's out for me).The possibility of noise from surroundings (The first apartments near lifts will be noisier than at the end of the corridor). The fewer directly neighbouring apartments the better really .Good finish and good aftersales are also important.
Hi Crombie'

I agree with you. The majority of apartments are now being built under so called European Standards and the finishing is very similar but for me it has to be location,location,location.

Like you said you can have a rose which is surrounded by thorns and unless you want to send people on holiday to hibernate in their apartmenta they will eventually want to come out and check the area around them. Too many developments are great looking and promise the best finish but are in poor areas. The same applies to beach front which is valuable but is surrounded by underdeveloped areas.

Regards

Westmids33

D

dave99

Sounds about right

13m2 for a bedroom is about right - fitted wardrobes are not that common though.

Status
Not open for further replies.