Anyone Subscribe to Overseas Property Professional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

propertastic

I'm after an article they ran in their last issue that featured research on the size of the overseas property market conducted by Datamonitor as I'm trying to pitch a new book project to agents/publishers and need to prove to them that the market is a lot bigger than they think.

If anyone has membership and access to this article, please can you PM me?

Thank you.

M

MikeTournesol

Hi,

Why don't you just contact them directly, you can get their website details through Google. I am sure that they would send you a copy of th article for some sort of acknowedgement. Otherwise you would be able to pick up a copy at the next decent Overseas Property Show as they generally have a stand there.

D

DC

Are you talking about the big report that costs 1200 pounds or 900 pounds or quite alot of money.

P

propertastic

I don't need reams and reams of data.

It's just when I approached a few publishers about the possibility of writing another property book - this time aimed at a more mass market audience - something like 'A Place in the Sun' for 25-40 year olds.

The publishers don't think that such a market exists, but the survey that the market is there. I was just looking for something a bit more concrete to send the publishers as all I have is a few paragraphs with the key findings that they sent out as part of a press release which was picked up by a couple of small newspapers.

So I certainly don't need a huge detailed report.

D

DC

You can ask them for a sample copy in fairness it is a pretty good publication.

D

DC

There is an active and educated 15 to 45 age group, who are keen to learn and earn through property both domestic and international. Actually probably 90% of the population would like to know how to make money through overseas property, so there is definately a market. Regardless if it is in print or not. Or regardless what any one says.

O

oregon woodsmoke

I don't know that publication, but I have been able to get "tear sheets" from magazines, where it is just the pages with the article I want. They are usually available only for a couple of months after publication date.

Almost all magazines will sell a single back issue, if you know what issue the article was in.

If they are publishing a magazine, they are a publisher-- try pitching your book to them, too.

P

propertastic

Thanks for the suggestion.

My publisher should have sent them a review copy last week, so I will wait to see what happens!

I've never seen a copy of the magazine before so I don't know if they run book reviews or not, but it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.