Anyone paid their second year service charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tbashir

I paid the overpriced service charges last year before receiving my apartments. A year has passed and I haven't heard anything about the service charges for this year, or seen any information on what the last charges were used for?
What experience have people who've owned apartments for more than 1 year had with service charges?
If we've not paid service charges for this year does that mean any problems in the common areas won't get fixed?

M

MHCNiazi

I am also waiting to hear regarding the service charges for this year.
Don't know who or how they plan to contact us?

G

georgihh

No body pays service charges
Why worry so much enjoy as much as it lasts.
I think they will charge us big amount when the land registration takes place but nothing we can do.

A

anil

I think they will charge us big amount when the land registration takes place but nothing we can do.
You are right, no need to worry.
When people want money, they will always come an ask :D

I just hope they fix the defects properly.

M

MHCNiazi

The only thing I'm worried about is them trying to hit us with a PENALTY for late payment of service charges, even though it's their fault for not infoming us.

I

investor_from_uk

I called up Nakheel Asset Management last week and the lady there confirmed that they haven't yet posted us the invoices. She said that they will do that in the next couple of weeks. So don't worry too much about the maintenance charges. It's just a delay on Nakheel's part.

Z

zombie

Thats what they did!!

That was exactly what they did with me last month, hell at least I got the Title Deed. Now next year is another story.

A

aveshbachav

the below is the e-mail i received from nakheel a few days back, it was lying in my junk mail unfortunately. Thank God, I spotted it

"Nakheel Asset Management

PO Box 262333 Dubai, United Arab Emirates T +971 4 800 6267 F +971 4 362 8147 nakheel.com

8 January 2009

Dear International City Unit Owner,

Preliminary Notice: Distribution of Service Charge invoices

Please be advised that Service Charge invoices for maintaining your building and the International City Master Community for the financial year end will be issued shortly.

The invoices will be issued to this email address and to the postal address that you have notified as your address for service of notices upon transfer of the property to you. If you have changed your address for notices, please contact us to provide the updated information.

We are please to advise that despite costs rising in excess of 25% over the past year, Service Charges will not be increased by more than 10% from the rate charged in the year to 31st March 2008.

Yours sincerely,

Nakheel Asset Management

M

MHCNiazi

Does anyone have an email address for Nakheel I can use to update them of address?
Thanks

G

georgihh

I suggest nobody pays service charges until title deed is on his name.
Why you should pay SC if the flat is not yours.
Until the TD is issued the service charges should be paid by Nakheel, Building owner or Land department.
If they can not sort out the title issue problems is not our problem.
If you start paying you heart yourself.
For the guys with title deed I suggest they pay from the date of issue not for the full year.
The cost per sqft at IC was less than 150DHS imagine how much they made why they should make more.
On top of this the SC are extremely overprized and the service they provide is close to 0%

I

investor_from_uk

I suggest nobody pays service charges until title deed is on his name.
Why you should pay SC if the flat is not yours.
Until the TD is issued the service charges should be paid by Nakheel, Building owner or Land department.
If they can not sort out the title issue problems is not our problem.
If you start paying you heart yourself.
For the guys with title deed I suggest they pay from the date of issue not for the full year.
The cost per sqft at IC was less than 150DHS imagine how much they made why they should make more.
On top of this the SC are extremely overprized and the service they provide is close to 0%
Any udpate on service charges? I still haven't received any correspondence from Nakheel in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.