Anyone know of any lakes for sale around Natal

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamphi24

Hi,
Does anyone know of any lakes for sale around Natal?

Anyone that has been to Bar de Lagoa (on the buggy trip to the dunes around genipabu) something of similar size would be ideal?

Cheers

D

Dotty

Banned
I doubt if you can buy a lake in Natal to be honest.
Hi,

Anyone that has been to Bar de Lagoa (on the buggy trip to the dunes around genipabu) something of similar size would be ideal?

Cheers

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi,

Cheers
We have a plot with a lake, but the plot isn't small.

J

jamphi24

Also just been looking at your website I don't suppose you would have a map of ponta negra with an indication of where the plots of land you have for sale are. (This is unrelated to the above request for a lake please also give me details of that)

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Also just been looking at your website I don't suppose you would have a map of ponta negra with an indication of where the plots of land you have for sale are. (This is unrelated to the above request for a lake please also give me details of that)
Can you send your details through to me.

D

Dotty

Banned
Jamphir,

You cannot buy a lake in Natal it is like trying to buy a beach-It is out of bounds.If there is one for sale I doubt if there is an escuitura publica with it and it's against the law!

T

timatthebeach

i have seen plenty of land for sale in bahia which has lakes, rivers and waterfalls on it and the ones on the land belong to the owner of that land. The land is private so no access unless you own it , have permission or sneak in which is worth it if the waterfall is particularly nice............ :)
maybe laws are different in RGN ?

J

JMBroad

i have seen plenty of land for sale in bahia which has lakes, rivers and waterfalls on it and the ones on the land belong to the owner of that land. The land is private so no access unless you own it , have permission or sneak in which is worth it if the waterfall is particularly nice............ :)
maybe laws are different in RGN ?
No? Not done any specific research on lake ownerships but I assume like anywhere else in the world, if you buy a plot of land with a lake on it, the lake belongs to the owner of the land.

Does someone have any information to the contrary?

T

timatthebeach

No? Not done any specific research on lake ownerships but I assume like anywhere else in the world, if you buy a plot of land with a lake on it, the lake belongs to the owner of the land.

Does someone have any information to the contrary?

what i assume, as seems to be the case normally and certainly in bahia..... but dotty seems to think it is illegal in RGN ????????

J

JMBroad

Why do you say that Dotty? (Still got her on ignore though so someone please tell me if there was a coherent answer with any documentation to back it up)

J

jamphi24

I think Dotty is wrong. I am sure a couple of the major hotels in Natal have a private beach. They may not own it but they can probably restrict who has access to it.

Does anyone know of any land for sale with a lake on it then :) ??
Somewhere in the dunes would be ideal not looking to develop it.

D

Dotty

Banned
Jamphir,
You are talking to somebody who knows wht they are talking about.You cannot own a private beach and none of the hotels own them either.If they say they do it is illegal ,but what you often find them say is you can go down to our own private beach which is totally poop ! You cannot buy a lake in brasil with an escituta . Somebody can sell you one and will say that's my land give me 100,000 I'm sorting out the paperwork,or the escitura is in an inventory,the person takes your money and runs.That happens a lot.
I think Dotty is wrong. I am sure a couple of the major hotels in Natal have a private beach. They may not own it but they can probably restrict who has access to it.

J

JMBroad

Private beaches is another matter entirely. I don't know of any beaches you can buy unless you buy private islands, of which there are some for sale in places like Panamá and of course Dubai (artificial islands)

In most cases even if you buy all of the land surrounding a beach, you have to leave a public access to the beach which anyone can use.

However I've never heard of the same applying to lakes - would be interesting to hear if anyone does know of a law that prevents the purchase and sale of land with access to lakes.

T

timatthebeach

dotty i think youre missing the point......... i dont think anyone is trying to buy a lake specifically. Rather I think Jamphi24 is trying to buy some land with a lake on it. As I understand it if you buy the land containing a lake you will then own that lake.
If this is not the case in RGN then I stand corrected - but I have seen nothing in any other part of Brazil to lead me to believe it will be different in RGN and illegal to own land containing lakes.

D

Dotty

Banned
Well he needs to write properly then !Of course you can buy land near a lake,providing it's for sale ,but not a lake ,as posted by Jamphir. The same as you can buy beachfront property ,but not the beach!!
dotty i think youre missing the point......... i dont think anyone is trying to buy a lake specifically. Rather I think Jamphi24 is trying to buy some land with a lake on it. As I understand it if you buy the land containing a lake you will then own that lake.
If this is not the case in RGN then I stand corrected - but I have seen nothing in any other part of Brazil to lead me to believe it will be different in RGN and illegal to own land containing lakes.

J

jamphi24

That is correct.

Dotty other people seemed to understand? Maybe its you that should use your common sense??

Last edited:
M

michaelbush

There are several hotels that have beaches that because of their position would naturally restrict access by general public, but that is not to say the general public do not have the right of access. I have lands in Maracajaú 24 hectares with 2 lakes bordering it. I have other land with lake access, so you can e-mail me your requirements and I will try to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.