Anyone having trouble with Astrum Towers

G

Ghaffar

Hi People

Have any of you bought in Astrum Towers with Regnum. I have and we were due to complete in May/June time this year. We still haven't completed and I'm hearing lame excuse after lame excuse. Thinking of taking legal action. Can anyone shed light on this.

K

kully

Hi People

Have any of you bought in Astrum Towers with Regnum. I have and we were due to complete in May/June time this year. We still haven't completed and I'm hearing lame excuse after lame excuse. Thinking of taking legal action. Can anyone shed light on this.
Hi, I've bought some properties in the Astrum towers. Haven't got the deeds yet but I've been told its complete and my apartments are ready. Reason for delay for receiving deeds I've been told is military clearance.

G

Ghaffar

Hi, I've bought some properties in the Astrum towers. Haven't got the deeds yet but I've been told its complete and my apartments are ready. Reason for delay for receiving deeds I've been told is military clearance.
Yes we had that issue too for a while, but now that has come through and we still haven't had title deeds. I wouldn't recommend dealing with Regnum again. Are you planning to rent?

K

kully

Yes we had that issue too for a while, but now that has come through and we still haven't had title deeds. I wouldn't recommend dealing with Regnum again. Are you planning to rent?
Have they given you a reason for what the delay is? I am planning to rent out but will probably have to use a local agent as the management company that regnum have assigned seem useless. They could have found someone better to deal with the lettings, apart from that I dont think regnum have been too bad. The location is very good and I dont think there should be a problem in renting them out.

G

Ghaffar

Have they given you a reason for what the delay is? I am planning to rent out but will probably have to use a local agent as the management company that regnum have assigned seem useless. They could have found someone better to deal with the lettings, apart from that I dont think regnum have been too bad. The location is very good and I dont think there should be a problem in renting them out.
No reason at all. But they have repeatedly lied and misled us. The annoying thing is that we have to constantly chase them and they are never forthcoming with information. I'm going to try to finding a British based company I can deal with on the letting front.

G

GAP-Investor

Good Service

My Apartment in Astrum Towers was completed in July (Block B1) and rented out by October. I used the rental company within Regnum which worked very well. I used a guy called Erdal Mukul who has answered all of my requests. I found Regnum really good to work with.

C

Childa

My Apartment in Astrum Towers was completed in July (Block B1) and rented out by October. I used the rental company within Regnum which worked very well. I used a guy called Erdal Mukul who has answered all of my requests. I found Regnum really good to work with.
Am jealous. We also have an apartment in B1. Received the title deeds without any issue, signed all the paperwork giving Regnum authority to rent out the apartment and have paid all the mgmt fees up until June 2010 (despite chasers from Regnum's legal dept saying we haven't which admittedly Erdal Mukul has said are mistakes). We do find it near impossible to get a response from Erdal re the renting out of our apartment (but haven't chased too often thinking that was best). Can I ask - do you have a 1 or 2 bed apartment and did you get it furnished? Thanks.

G

GAP-Investor

Astrum Towers

I bought a 2 Bed Apt and was advised not to furnish as this wasn't the norm in Istanbul. I managed to get TL 650 / month which is ok, based on the reasonable purchase price. I kept on mailing & also calling Erdal Mukul and he does respond. He puts his number on his e-mails.

C

Childa

I bought a 2 Bed Apt and was advised not to furnish as this wasn't the norm in Istanbul. I managed to get TL 650 / month which is ok, based on the reasonable purchase price. I kept on mailing & also calling Erdal Mukul and he does respond. He puts his number on his e-mails.
Thanks for your reply. We were going to buy a 2 Bed, but were advised that a 1 Bed probably had more rental potential. Maybe we should have gone with a 2 Bed. Also haven't furnished for the same reason. We are trying to get in touch with EM, but no luck so far. Sorry, another question - were you surprised by the monthly mgmt fees? These are much higher than what we were originally lead to believe. Thanks.

K

kully

hi Ghaffar. I was wondering if you have received your title deeds from regnum yet or are you still having trouble. Also how are you getting on with the letting of your apartment?

T

TAM Gayrimenkul

hi all - how do you currently solve the property management - i.e. rent collection, accounting, taxation and eviction process?

A

aberdeenannie

Hi all

Did anyone find that the mgt company were trying to charge you for fees prior to you actually owning your apartment. We have had problems with this and are fighting them on it?

007agents

Hi,

We have also bought in Astrum Towers B1, wondered if we could have a private email so we could contact you, we have had a few issues with the managment company.

Regards Stephen & Liliya

A

alexanders

Hi,

We have also bought in Astrum Towers B1, wondered if we could have a private email so we could contact you, we have had a few issues with the managment company.

Regards Stephen & Liliya
Hi there. im also having problem with TAM. Their fees just becoming ridiculous. The obvious cap on rental income of 600 is quickly diminished with their fees for accountants and tax filing etc etc , not to say their 18% management fee.

A

Azure

Regnum are a terribly unreliable company who mislead investors with regrad to resale and rental projections. They were thoroughly unprofessional with me. Through sheer luck I avoided losing money. I am so glad I didn't buy in Astrum towers having heard some of the pain other investors are going through. You have my sympathy.