Anyone got any further information on the Neapolis Development?

• Thread starter Cyprus Property
  • Start date
C

Cyprus Property

Found a very interesting few articles on the development by Leptos called Neapolis and wondered of anyone had any further information related to this?

C

Cyprus Property

Was hoping we may hear a little more on this any pictures etc?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Was hoping we may hear a little more on this any pictures etc?
The University is already done as Leptos bought an old hotel and turned that into a university. There are huge hoardings along the dual carriageway announcing Neapolis city and word has it that some of the work has already begun. I havn't seen any proof of this yet though.

L

Lysos

Last June I saw a small portable boring machine - of the type used to excavate piling - on site, but it was only there a short time and no activity since. I think that in the current economic situation Neapolis, along with the Banana Bay marina, will remain on the drawing board for some years to come. In fact, with the rising cost of oil & air travel, they may never happen. The "golden days" of mass development are over for Cyprus. There are more than enough unsold developments to absorb any growth in the market for a long, long time.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I now have it on good authority that the project is very much alive.
It is going to include areas specifically designed for retirement with health centre and many other facilties.
It will stretch from the roundabout at the end of the dual carriageway right up towards the traffic lights below the Debenhams roundabout.