Any info on Torrevieja area

D

Dunn family

Hi
We are a young family looking to move over to Spain, after months of research we have narrowed our search to the Torrevieja area.
Before we come over to explore I wondered if anyone can help us narrow down our search. We would like to be within 30 - 40 min of Alicante Airport, and are planning to come over for a few weeks around sept/oct to look properly.

We are looking for a villa / house to rent long term initially, decent school nearby for our 2 girls ( 5 and 11 ),not too isolated as my husband works off shore ( 2 weeks on 2 weeks off) don't want to be too remote on my own, an area with an established expat community would be ideal.

We don't have to be on the coast ( would prefer a pool ),but don't want to be in a city centre either.

Sports facilities a must, both girls play football twice a week for local teams - would be good to beable to carry this on, help them settle.

Sorry it's long but need to try focus on right areas to save wasted trips back and forward.

Thanks in anticipation.

L

Lysos

Rather a confusing post; you say you have done 'months of research' but are now asking very basic questions, which I would have thought should have been part of your basic investigations. I have no personal knowledge of the area, but have heard Torrevieja referred to as the 'biggest council estate in Spain' - acres of uninteresting bland, identikit developments.

D

Dunn family

Our resaerch has been for the whole of spain, we narrowed it down to Torrevieja area, just wondered if anyone knew of suburbs etc that may be nice. Sorry

R

rowlandsbb

There is a limit to how much you can find out about an area on the internet
If you have decided on the Torrevieja area then you need to go to Spain

In this locality there is a choice of all different types of properties and locations and prices are very competitive just now
Either a re sale of look for a completed development where there are the last few units to be sold
You can see waht you get and you will find discounts uo to circa 30% off the original asking prices

And agents, such as ourself , provide a service which will show you around without obligation and help you in your search to buy in Spain

Also like most agents, we can help you arrange the trip and naturally, if you buy via us we will refund the reasonable agreed costs of your trip

I'm afraid the old cheap inspection trips went out with the recession!!...and even then they were really pressure sales trips!