Any DAMAC Lake View Owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavidBrook

ps: If you know of anyone else who might be interested or can help us then please urge them to join us.
Google search: skyscrapercity lake view completed

Remember THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS

A

amidhadli

Dear all,

There is another thread on the following forum with lots of info/views from other disgruntled owners in Lake View.

Please come and register there - we need as many people as possible to join together.

I can't post the URL here but if you type the following into Google, the site is listed:

skyscraper city lake view
hi thank you just gone on it and will register

A

amidhadli

Thanks Toofif
If you Google the following words:

skyscrapercity lake view completed

you will get straight to our forum. Please come and join us.....

I think we are more than 30 now and numbers increasing daily.
All very angry with DAMAC for Extortion and Breach of Contract and all writing/e-mailing/phoning DAMAC and refusing to pay until satisfied that DAMAC stop their bullying tactics and meet ALL their Contractual Obligations WITHIN the LAW including the promised compensation for long delays etc,etc,

Did any one go to view their 'Luxury' kitchen and bathroom fittings?
Whatever happened to that 'Stunning' Infinity Swimming Pool?

Please join us.......

THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS

WE WILL WIN !!!
hi i have joined your forum i went to view the show apartment in 2004 and it was nothing like what we got that is the first thing i complained about we got a shabby kitchen and basic bathroom where as our money was spent on the lobby i think as that is the only luxury finish i saw when i went to inspect my property

A

ajumani

Damac

Hi All,

Sorry for joining this conversation soo late, my father has been in Dubai trying to talk to Damac about the addtional costs charged, however after couple of days it was like trying to extract blood from a stone.

Has anyone else been charged a Penalty fee for Late Payment of the Final Payment ?(Completion Date 08-Dec-2008)

Did anyone else receive the generic email from Damac with the frequently asked questions??

Anyone in the North West of England here?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron.

A

amidhadli

Hi All,

Sorry for joining this conversation soo late, my father has been in Dubai trying to talk to Damac about the addtional costs charged, however after couple of days it was like trying to extract blood from a stone.

Has anyone else been charged a Penalty fee for Late Payment of the Final Payment ?(Completion Date 08-Dec-2008)

Did anyone else receive the generic email from Damac with the frequently asked questions??

Thanks in advance,

Aaron.
hi i am innotts i have had all the charges join skycraper city lake view lots of people on there or email me [email protected]

M

mooncalf

Hi All,

Thanks in advance,

Aaron.

Hi Aaron

I am in Leeds

Farhan

D

DavidBrook

I'm in Derby

Perhaps some of us Uk owners could meet up.......

STRENGH IN NUMBERS

M

mooncalf

Yes good idea but dunno what we would be able to acheive out of it apart from a ***** at Damac and a few beers? :)

A

ajumani

Meetup

Hi,

I think it's a good idea to meet up and discuss the issues with Damac and plans for our apartments going forward? how about somewhere in Yorkshire/Derbyshire?? any ideas appreciated?

Regards,
Aaron.

S

slakahan

I'm in Derby

Perhaps some of us Uk owners could meet up.......

STRENGH IN NUMBERS
I am late joiner to this website but have been following the threads of lakeview for some time.
I too am from Derby and would be happy for a meet up.

D

DavidBrook

I think there are some from Northampton and some from further North than us. Sure we can arrange somewhere mutually convenient. Sherwood Services M1 perhaps?........
In the meantime you will find a lot more support if you follow this link:

#COMPLETED: LAKE VIEW, 40F Res, 146m, Plot B2 - Page 17 - SkyscraperCity

There are dozens more Lake View owners here with some very usefull pointers and talk of possible joint legal action.

Come on over...............

C

Chavez

Our money and Damac

Around the summer of 2006 I acquired an off-plan unit from, the yet to
built, Damac's Lotus 2/Business Bay. The project was expected to start
progress around 2008 and complete Dec 2010. Around Summer 2008 I
received a phone notice from Damac's Customer Relation informing me of
an unexpected delay that has caused an uncertain progress of the
project and offering me with 3 options: 1) Receive a refund including
the base interest gained 2) Choose another property with the Damac at
15% discount 3) Continue with project without any compensation. In
that phone call, I have been also advised that a letter with further
details will be sent to me ( Haven't received till this day). I was
indecisive and decided to wait. Around Nov 2008, I chose to
accept the refund;

Months have past and Damac kept on delaying the process. Damac has not
sent back my funds and are informing me now that they wont be able to
fullfill my request at this time.

I am in contact with a lawyer. What is your take about Damac's future. Is our money safe in their escrow accounts?

D

DavidBrook

A full refund due breach of contract is an option for us but we have not got to this stage yet, though it would not surprise me turn learn that DAMAC were "having some financial difficulties".

I understand that there has been an issue between RERA and certain developers regarding escrow accounts and at this stage I would not trust this company any further than I could throw them.
Sorry not to be more helpful or optimistic.

C

Chavez

A full refund due breach of contract is an option for us but we have not got to this stage yet, though it would not surprise me turn learn that DAMAC were "having some financial difficulties".

I understand that there has been an issue between RERA and certain developers regarding escrow accounts and at this stage I would not trust this company any further than I could throw them.
Sorry not to be more helpful or optimistic.
Thank you for your reply. but would DUBAI ALLOW THEM TO go BANKRUPT EVEN IF THEY WERE? you have to keep in mind dubai's image if such a representing company collapses. I dont think dubai's rulers will allow such fall!

Also international investors such as (HDBK.CA) has shown interest in Damac. So why would it collapse? It can always merge. Most importantly that our money is safe, and there is a way to get it back , through legal actions, and that is my only choice!!

Z

zal_kindi

Did anyone receive an e-mail from DAMAC, sent form DAMAC Appointment, entitled "Lake View - Handover" and dated 13th Mar 2009? Attached to the e-mail are 6 files - Lake View Handover Letter, DLD Parking, Land Department Letter – Translation, Fact Sheet and Location Map. None of the attachments are signed and they include some rough drafts. The email mentions that the same package will be sent by post and will include signed documents as well as a Final Account Statement (excluded from e-mail) which will have the final installment as well as DAMAC's assessment of the Late Completion compensation. It also mentions that the invoice will include a "service Charge" which I assume will not be payable to DAMAC.

There are also some other charges for District Cooling and DEWA.

Looks like the handover is going ahead but the compensation issue will be key. The delay is nearing 28 months.

HAs anyone else received the same email? and do you make of it?

A

amidhadli

Did anyone receive an e-mail from DAMAC, sent form DAMAC Appointment, entitled "Lake View - Handover" and dated 13th Mar 2009? Attached to the e-mail are 6 files - Lake View Handover Letter, DLD Parking, Land Department Letter – Translation, Fact Sheet and Location Map. None of the attachments are signed and they include some rough drafts. The email mentions that the same package will be sent by post and will include signed documents as well as a Final Account Statement (excluded from e-mail) which will have the final installment as well as DAMAC's assessment of the Late Completion compensation. It also mentions that the invoice will include a "service Charge" which I assume will not be payable to DAMAC.

There are also some other charges for District Cooling and DEWA.

Looks like the handover is going ahead but the compensation issue will be key. The delay is nearing 28 months.

HAs anyone else received the same email? and do you make of it?

hi i have had mine it doesnt mention anything about the freehold does it anywhere

E

elvis2465

Parking and percentage

hi i used dubai luxury homes a lady called amy leitch she was very thorough she found stuff i had missed does a good report and sends to damac to
#
has anyone had issues with the parking as i have been quoted 75000 if i want parking now where as before it was 45000 please advise
I was told yesterday that I will have to pay 75,000dhs for a parking soace I dont want. One was offered to me at 24,000dhs 2 years ago. Why when prices are dropping is it so expensive? Because they are trying to recoup more money to cover serious flaws in their business plan (if they actually have one!)
They can boast that they are legally allowed but morally they are a disgrace and are tarnishing both Dubai and their ridiculous company with these cheap underhand tactics. I am waiting for the letter requesting me to pay 5,000dhs for a key ring !!!!! I am a small investor I do not have a bottomless pit of money but I think this is the point Damac want to force people to default then they can re-sell the property. I dont know how they sleep at night but I am struggling!

A

ajumani

Hi All,

I've just received another letter from Damac titled final amount to be settled. I can't believe their only offering £2,900 compensation for the amount of time we've had to wait for completion of this project!! They want the sum of 139,000AED roughly about £26,600 off to take posession of the handover!! I can't believe this its making me really sick. I will attached a scanned copy of the letter once I get home. Any help would be appreciated I feel like I've been totally ripped off!

Regards,
Aaron.

N

nisarali

I bought one bedroom apartment in Lake View, i think i made a big mistake, all my paments on time, with delay of 28 months Damac give me AED12153 in compensation, thats just a JOKE. now i paid £21301.. to clear my account, i am going May 11th for hand over, i am not happy at all, i am in south wales and like to meet up if some one wants to..

Status
Not open for further replies.