Any DAMAC Lake View Owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rammah

i dont need the construction pictures i have actually inspected my unit and you will be shocked if you saw them pictures you would never believe this is damacs property as i found over 100 defects i was quite disgusted that the showroom i was paid for was a complete misrepresentation to what i saw it was nothing alike i thought i was in a 1 star hotel in india it was awful

there was certainly no luxury in my apartment the only luxury i saw was the lobby and the sitting lounge where i think they have spent all our monies on
The common areas [gym, lounge, etc...] and the outside of the building[design and shape] and the location of the building are what distinguish your building from other buildings.

That's what will get you higher rents, higher resale values, etc....

your property will need to be furnished by yourself to make it look like a showroom. I don't know what you mean by defects, but that should be taken care of with snagging....

By the way, you can pay to have your apartment furnished as per the showroom standards!

Rammah

A

amidhadli

damac lake view

The common areas [gym, lounge, etc...] and the outside of the building[design and shape] and the location of the building are what distinguish your building from other buildings.

That's what will get you higher rents, higher resale values, etc....

your property will need to be furnished by yourself to make it look like a showroom. I don't know what you mean by defects, but that should be taken care of with snagging....

By the way, you can pay to have your apartment furnished as per the showroom standards!

Rammah
i cant pay to have the doors which are full of scratches and visible nails as well as the gaps in the door frames as well as the frame bent on the patio door and the walls not straight as well as the toilets and sinks having rust on them and the ceramic floor not straight and having dents and scatches on it and the kitchen cabinets were broken and chipped no furnishings will cover this i saw the show apartment only the furniture was nice but the actual apartments the defects were quite visible you are obviously not from uk and maybe are happy with the standards but i have stayed in 5 star and know exactly what that entails and when i purchased at damac was promised 5 star luxury something maybe they dont know what this means they must come to uk and maybe see our homes to see what 5 star is then thy will understand the furnishings are not going to hide the defects if only you saw my snagging report and picutures your wouldnt even speak

S

sap001

i cant pay to have the doors which are full of scratches and visible nails as well as the gaps in the door frames as well as the frame bent on the patio door and the walls not straight as well as the toilets and sinks having rust on them and the ceramic floor not straight and having dents and scatches on it and the kitchen cabinets were broken and chipped no furnishings will cover this i saw the show apartment only the furniture was nice but the actual apartments the defects were quite visible you are obviously not from uk and maybe are happy with the standards but i have stayed in 5 star and know exactly what that entails and when i purchased at damac was promised 5 star luxury something maybe they dont know what this means they must come to uk and maybe see our homes to see what 5 star is then thy will understand the furnishings are not going to hide the defects if only you saw my snagging report and picutures your wouldnt even speak
Hello AMIDHADLI,

I have had many forum conversations with Rammah and I can tell you he has a habit of dodging the issues that are important to DAMAC investors like us. He is a DAMAC employee so it is obviously in his interests to defend DAMAC because that is how he gets paid. At a time when countless DAMAC investors are absolutely fed up with their continually unacceptable delays, their blatant lies, their total lack of courteousy in responding to customer queries, their dreadful workmanship as outlined above, he is a lone voice saying the opposite!. He is clearly not a DAMAC property owner, so how can he possibly know how we feel? If he was a DAMAC owner like us, it would not be long before he comes to your viewpoint and mine ie SEETHING. Dont be fooled by Rammah's propaganda. I am not.

R

Rammah

If what your describing is correct, then don't accept to take your apartment. Keep complaining until it's done.

About me, I am from the UK [Was born in a private clinic in Harley Street if this helps you;)], and I know very well what 5 star luxury means. I won't enter into a personal debate with you about this, because the level of your conversation is starting to degrade to a level below which I deem "unfit to answer".

About DAMAC, they know very well what luxury is and it shows in our buildings designs, common areas, locations, etc.... DAMAC is already present in the UK and they have seen houses in the UK!

Rammah

A

amidhadli

damac lake view

Hello AMIDHADLI,

I have had many forum conversations with Rammah and I can tell you he has a habit of dodging the issues that are important to DAMAC investors like us. He is a DAMAC employee so it is obviously in his interests to defend DAMAC because that is how he gets paid. At a time when countless DAMAC investors are absolutely fed up with their continually unacceptable delays, their blatant lies, their total lack of courteousy in responding to customer queries, their dreadful workmanship as outlined above, he is a lone voice saying the opposite!. He is clearly not a DAMAC property owner, so how can he possibly know how we feel? If he was a DAMAC owner like us, it would not be long before he comes to your viewpoint and mine ie SEETHING. Dont be fooled by Rammah's propaganda. I am not.
xecutive of

i figured he was an employee from his words have you inspected your property the only decent person in damac is a lady called natalie who is overseeing my property i have spoken to the chairmans pa to then there is a person called eric who claims to be the executive of client relations more like a person who doesnt give a damn if we the owners of our units are happy they are not bothered about their reputation also they know that the people like us who are not satisfied will never do business with damac again thats why they are going downhill now i have learnt my lesson never to do business with damac ever again there are alot of better companies out there as i have other properties with other companies they are alot more professional and courteous i feel it serves damac right if they just close down and go back to the catering they used to do

A

amidhadli

damac

If what your describing is correct, then don't accept to take your apartment. Keep complaining until it's done.

About me, I am from the UK [Was born in a private clinic in Harley Street if this helps you;)], and I know very well what 5 star luxury means. I won't enter into a personal debate with you about this, because the level of your conversation is starting to degrade to a level below which I deem "unfit to answer".

About DAMAC, they know very well what luxury is and it shows in our buildings designs, common areas, locations, etc.... DAMAC is already present in the UK and they have seen houses in the UK!

Rammah
you wouldnt say this if you had an apartment there and paid what we did i havent accepted the apartment and my defects are being sorted as we speak damac obviously havent seen our standards then if thy had been to uk they would know what standards mean and what workmanship meant and if thy had seen a new house they would know what to present to the owners at their inspections instead i inspected a very badly unit with very bad workmanship not to my standard and uk standards it doesnt sound as if you from uk and iyou probably dont know what luxury is as you have probably never experienced it as much as i have so that is what i expect from damac luxury apartments

R

Rammah

Hello AMIDHADLI,

I said in this thread itself that I work for DAMAC. So it's not something I;m hiding or something that you must feel the need to re-iterate.

I'm not trying to fool anyone, and if you have answers to anything I say about DAMAC, be my guest. I answered delays several times, and won't repeat myself again.
I never allow myself to defend bad workmanship even if I was the one who did it.... so you got that wrong.
Who lacked of courtesy in responding to customer query? Give names and stories if that's true.

No one is trying to fool you or anyone else. It'll be interesting to know when we hand over Lake View, how many happy customers are there, compared to how many unsatisfied customer trying themselves to create a wave of propaganda for whatever reason they may have ;)

Rammah

Rammah

R

Rammah

you wouldnt say this if you had an apartment there and paid what we did i havent accepted the apartment and my defects are being sorted as we speak damac obviously havent seen our standards then if thy had been to uk they would know what standards mean and what workmanship meant and if thy had seen a new house they would know what to present to the owners at their inspections instead i inspected a very badly unit with very bad workmanship not to my standard and uk standards it doesnt sound as if you from uk and iyou probably dont know what luxury is as you have probably never experienced it as much as i have so that is what i expect from damac luxury apartments
Feel free to visit me in 19th Floor, 40 Bank Street, Canary Wharf.
You can also call me on 07825107389.

Do you want me to pay you what you paid for your apartment in Lake View and we resolve this issue?

Unfortunately, I tell you I am from England [Born in a Harley Street clinic] and I know what luxury means and you respond with "it doesnt sound as if you from uk etc...". It's a shame that you drove me to the level of deciding that it is pointless to email you back because you either don't read, or don't understand, so no need to email you anymore. Feel free to visit or call me.

Rammah

A

amidhadli

damac lake view

Feel free to visit me in 19th Floor, 40 Bank Street, Canary Wharf.
You can also call me on 07825107389.

Do you want me to pay you what you paid for your apartment in Lake View and we resolve this issue?

Unfortunately, I tell you I am from England [Born in a Harley Street clinic] and I know what luxury means and you respond with "it doesnt sound as if you from uk etc...". It's a shame that you drove me to the level of deciding that it is pointless to email you back because you either don't read, or don't understand, so no need to email you anymore. Feel free to visit or call me.

Rammah
sorry you not important enough for me to visit you i only deal with chairmans or directors which are at my level not somone who just sits in an office without a title my problems are with damac and the person who owns this company as it is him who i paid not u u are just an employee of damac who doesnt mean a thing to me i paid for an apartment which should have been without defects and as i said before i had many and pictures to prove it you obviously dont have property out there so that really says it all unless you are the chairman or director of damac there is no need for you to get in to this

R

Rammah

sorry you not important enough for me to visit you i only deal with chairmans or directors which are at my level not somone who just sits in an office without a title my problems are with damac and the person who owns this company as it is him who i paid not u u are just an employee of damac who doesnt mean a thing to me i paid for an apartment which should have been without defects and as i said before i had many and pictures to prove it you obviously dont have property out there so that really says it all unless you are the chairman or director of damac there is no need for you to get in to this
:)
The above says it all to me, and I hope to all the others reading this and who matter to me.

Rammah

R

rmaher

DAMAC Lake View

Hi,
I am being proposed an apartment in B2 Lake View Tower. Can you please tell me from your experience of any remaining problems with this development and realistic prices?

Is the property complete and occupied? Have all infrastructure connections by Deera been completed? Is rest of JLT development proceeding or halting becuase of financial downturn? Has rental prospects fallen in JLT area?

Any advice most welcome.

Pls mail me direct on: [email protected]

R

revolutionary

Hi,
I am being proposed an apartment in B2 Lake View Tower. Can you please tell me from your experience of any remaining problems with this development and realistic prices?

Is the property complete and occupied? Have all infrastructure connections by Deera been completed? Is rest of JLT development proceeding or halting becuase of financial downturn? Has rental prospects fallen in JLT area?

Any advice most welcome.

Pls mail me direct on: [email protected]

Remaining problems with this development are really only related to DAMAC and their callous disregard for contractual terms. They are wriggling over the maintenance arrangements right now, and no doubt will be very creative when it comes to the late delivery compensation. You may find your life far easier to wait for handover before purchase as this looks like coming within the next month. That will avoid the inevitable delays trying to process a new contract through DAMAC contracts team which can take best part of a year due to their normal attempts to rewrite contracts in their favour.

The common areas and apartments are basically complete apart from the penthouses and lofts. Not absolutely sure about water/electric/AC connections. The lake outside Lake View is only expected to be filled in early 2010 although the first of four lakes has just been completed elsewhere in JLT. This will be a building site for a few years yet - 2/3 years for the Wind Tower neighbours and possibly 4 years plus for the K plots across the lake which haven't yet started.

From others it appears that the going rate for complete apartments in JLT is about 1200 AED/sq.ft depending on quality and location. Best location and worst quality is probably Lake City, best Location & best quality probably Green Lakes. Lake View is probably somewhere in the middle. Location pretty good, quality not too bad, DAMAC really slippery.

A

amidhadli

Remaining problems with this development are really only related to DAMAC and their callous disregard for contractual terms. They are wriggling over the maintenance arrangements right now, and no doubt will be very creative when it comes to the late delivery compensation. You may find your life far easier to wait for handover before purchase as this looks like coming within the next month. That will avoid the inevitable delays trying to process a new contract through DAMAC contracts team which can take best part of a year due to their normal attempts to rewrite contracts in their favour.

The common areas and apartments are basically complete apart from the penthouses and lofts. Not absolutely sure about water/electric/AC connections. The lake outside Lake View is only expected to be filled in early 2010 although the first of four lakes has just been completed elsewhere in JLT. This will be a building site for a few years yet - 2/3 years for the Wind Tower neighbours and possibly 4 years plus for the K plots across the lake which haven't yet started.

From others it appears that the going rate for complete apartments in JLT is about 1200 AED/sq.ft depending on quality and location. Best location and worst quality is probably Lake City, best Location & best quality probably Green Lakes. Lake View is probably somewhere in the middle. Location pretty good, quality not too bad, DAMAC really slippery.

hi any idea on what you paying per square for maintenance as i am paying less and my nephew who bought a year later is paying more and his contract also differenct and any idea what you being charged for parking as they want 75000 from me my nephew paid 45000 they originally offered to me at 50,000 on contract now wa nt to change thats how honest they are

R

revolutionary

hi any idea on what you paying per square for maintenance as i am paying less and my nephew who bought a year later is paying more and his contract also differenct and any idea what you being charged for parking as they want 75000 from me my nephew paid 45000 they originally offered to me at 50,000 on contract now wa nt to change thats how honest they are
DAMAC will make you believe you have to accept their terms for any contract but ignore that and ideally get professional advice.

A lot depends on whether you are buying direct from DAMAC or are buying from an existing owner. If direct from DAMAC then they can set the terms but in the current market you really ought to dictate the terms you want. If from someone else then you are effectively buying their contract so you shouldn't have to accept any different terms from DAMAC although they will try.

The maintenance fees are all over the place - I've seen 3 different maxima per sq.ft. and therefore they should stick to the lowest maximum which seems to be 8. It is clearly not right for some units to be making a far greater proportional contribution to a common budget. That appears to be why they are now wriggling to get out of the maintenance obligation. They seem to have set it up originally in such a way that made it almost impossible for owners to get rid of them for the first 3 years but now it looks expensive for them they are trying to escape but are being extremely devious about it.

Car parking is also less than honorable. Fair enough that they could charge more now for additional space when the 45000 was originally described as a discounted price. However the market has gone down significantly. If I hadn't already booked my spot I would now choose not to pay for anything. The municipal code requires them to supply a parking space with every unit so you could just hold out and see what happens. There is always the metro and from what I've seen elsewhere, there are likely to be many free spaces that never get used. However when JLT really gets going in a few years time, the parking spaces will become like gold-dust.

A

amidhadli

DAMAC will make you believe you have to accept their terms for any contract but ignore that and ideally get professional advice.

A lot depends on whether you are buying direct from DAMAC or are buying from an existing owner. If direct from DAMAC then they can set the terms but in the current market you really ought to dictate the terms you want. If from someone else then you are effectively buying their contract so you shouldn't have to accept any different terms from DAMAC although they will try.

The maintenance fees are all over the place - I've seen 3 different maxima per sq.ft. and therefore they should stick to the lowest maximum which seems to be 8. It is clearly not right for some units to be making a far greater proportional contribution to a common budget. That appears to be why they are now wriggling to get out of the maintenance obligation. They seem to have set it up originally in such a way that made it almost impossible for owners to get rid of them for the first 3 years but now it looks expensive for them they are trying to escape but are being extremely devious about it.

Car parking is also less than honorable. Fair enough that they could charge more now for additional space when the 45000 was originally described as a discounted price. However the market has gone down significantly. If I hadn't already booked my spot I would now choose not to pay for anything. The municipal code requires them to supply a parking space with every unit so you could just hold out and see what happens. There is always the metro and from what I've seen elsewhere, there are likely to be many free spaces that never get used. However when JLT really gets going in a few years time, the parking spaces will become like gold-dust.
thanks for that advice i have had email from another develper to say if we want to register our units with rera we have to pay the registration fee which is 2% does anyone know if this is true and has it happend to them i thought the developer has to register the units at their cost

who will be the managing agents if damac leave and can they do this

S

sap001

thanks for that advice i have had email from another develper to say if we want to register our units with rera we have to pay the registration fee which is 2% does anyone know if this is true and has it happend to them i thought the developer has to register the units at their cost

who will be the managing agents if damac leave and can they do this

My understanding about the registration fee is that owner and developer each pay 1% ie total 2%. If I am wrong, can someone explain why?

A

amidhadli

My understanding about the registration fee is that owner and developer each pay 1% ie total 2%. If I am wrong, can someone explain why?
thanks for that i have also emailed rera and gonna ring them tomorrow to confirm

D

Dubaidizzy

Hi. I am an owner in Lakepoint. Our contract states that registration is 1.5 % for us and 0.5 % for the developer. Also, regarding maintenance charges, in October we were asked to pay 23 AED Service charge and 4.57 AED A/C capacity charge per unit area! :eek: Our contract estimated 6 AED per sq ft. When I questioned this and asked for a breakdown of the costs, I was told to ignore the letter. I have been trying to find out what the actual charges are going to be, but, am getting no response. I would be intersted to hear if anyone is actually paying charges at Lakepoint and what they are, or current charges elsewhere in JLT? Thanks

R

revolutionary

It seems like all the developers are playing a game.

My personal opinion is that if the charge is not mentioned in the contract then you shouldn't need to pay it before acquiring your contracted apartment. However there have been regulatory changes and these could easily have been brought to our attention in line with our contracts under force majeure. Once the developer knew about new statutory payments, requirements for parking spaces etc that were beyond their control, they could easily have declared this and we wouldn't be grumbling against the developer rather the authority that was introducing such charges. I really see no reason why developers couldn't do this.

It strikes me that the developers are basically sneaking as many extra charges as they can get away with assuming that most people are not familiar with UAE legal processes and would rather not get entangled in a court case.

Status
Not open for further replies.