Any DAMAC Lake View Owners out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elvis2465

Understanding

I fail totally to understand how anyone other than an employee could say anything positive about this shambles of a company. If you have nothing better to do than pick fault in others posts then can I suggest you do nothing!
To my understanding client relations is the same as public relations but hey what would i know they probably refer to the dept as suckers filtering dept.
I may not be an economist and my O level maths may leave me hugely overqualified for a job with damac but does the cost of living not mean the value of my property will go up?? If it doesn't I don't care it certainly won't go up because of Damac's rapidly improving, professional reputation!
If you don't understand or possess a sense of humour why comment - no one is forcing you to pass comment just ignore my ramblings. I am not writing for your benefit but to highlight my disgust at this shambolic company and this is the only forum I have found to do this and I am sure there are thousands more who feel like me - who is happy that a property is almost 2 years overdue ??? I repeat this is a minimum of 150,000dhs Damac have lost me and my family and this is a huge amount to me.Why not address these real, genuine points and not pedantics?

What PR staff are you talking about?

inflation huh? how weird... i never knew inflation was segregative in choosing its plots ;)

the rest of your post was beyond my understanding of sense of humor and sarcasm.

Rammah

R

Rammah

I fail totally to understand how anyone other than an employee could say anything positive about this shambles of a company. If you have nothing better to do than pick fault in others posts then can I suggest you do nothing!
To my understanding client relations is the same as public relations but hey what would i know they probably refer to the dept as suckers filtering dept.
I may not be an economist and my O level maths may leave me hugely overqualified for a job with damac but does the cost of living not mean the value of my property will go up?? If it doesn't I don't care it certainly won't go up because of Damac's rapidly improving, professional reputation!
If you don't understand or possess a sense of humour why comment - no one is forcing you to pass comment just ignore my ramblings. I am not writing for your benefit but to highlight my disgust at this shambolic company and this is the only forum I have found to do this and I am sure there are thousands more who feel like me - who is happy that a property is almost 2 years overdue ??? I repeat this is a minimum of 150,000dhs Damac have lost me and my family and this is a huge amount to me.Why not address these real, genuine points and not pedantics?
To answer your real genuine point, i would say you had the option to buy something ready if u wanted to move into it. Should you have read the documents you signed when you purchased, you would've been aware of the procedure.
Also, you can NOW sell your investment with damac and buy something ready instead of winging about your 150000 dhs... unless you know you're getting that back through cap appreciation, compensation or any other form... Stop fooling yourself.
About delays in Dubai, quote me one project that wasn't delays... therefore, your unhappiness should be with the dubai system in general, and not specifically with a company...
About your inflation theory, my comment on it was to illustrate that damac properties appreciate much more than other projects in Dubai. Why is that? Surely not inflation alone....

Rammah

Last edited:
E

elvis2465

Dear Damac

Well done I wish you all the best in your post as Damac's new public relations officer. I will hold my breath on someone offering to buy me out - "would you like to buy a studio it will be ready any year now". Sure there are delays - is 21 months typical???? but also don't many companies deliver on time or at least close??? The document I signed made very little reference to delays and actually assurances were made as to the professional nature of the company and their track record of delivering on time barring force majure!!!! I am not a fool and would not have signed anything that stated there was a chance the project would be delayed by more than a reasonable amount of time --- this is WAY MORE THAN A REASONABLE AMOUNT of TIME!
I am fooling no-one least of all myself in expecting anything from Damac in the way of compensation and am more confused as to why you would try and support such gross incompetence. Of course if myself and other dis-satisfied customers are wrong and you don't work for Damac I will wait for you to put your money where your mouth is and bid for my property- I am not greedy my investment, plus 2 years rent and the normal percentage appreciation that you optimistically predict from Damac properties. Always bearing in mind that it is only 2 years late summer 2008 is hardly an exact date and we have been promised completion numerous times before only to be let down yet again.
I will then put the money somewhere more sensible - stocks and shares/a high yield account or under my pillow.
At least I'm still smiling --- Just!!:confused:

To answer your real genuine point, i would say you had the option to buy something ready if u wanted to move into it. Should you have read the documents you signed when you purchased, you would've been aware of the procedure.
Also, you can NOW sell your investment with damac and buy something ready instead of winging about your 150000 dhs... unless you know you're getting that back through cap appreciation, compensation or any other form... Stop fooling yourself.
About delays in Dubai, quote me one project that wasn't delays... therefore, your unhappiness should be with the dubai system in general, and not specifically with a company...
About your inflation theory, my comment on it was to illustrate that damac properties appreciate much more than other projects in Dubai. Why is that? Surely not inflation alone....

Rammah

Z

zal_kindi

damac properties appreciate much more than other projects in Dubai. Why is that? Surely not inflation alone....

Rammah
Any evidence?

Also, I asked before, do you have any relationship with DAMAC?

I fully respect your opinion but really, really need to understand your motivation.

R

Rammah

Well done I wish you all the best in your post as Damac's new public relations officer. I will hold my breath on someone offering to buy me out - "would you like to buy a studio it will be ready any year now". Sure there are delays - is 21 months typical???? but also don't many companies deliver on time or at least close??? The document I signed made very little reference to delays and actually assurances were made as to the professional nature of the company and their track record of delivering on time barring force majure!!!! I am not a fool and would not have signed anything that stated there was a chance the project would be delayed by more than a reasonable amount of time --- this is WAY MORE THAN A REASONABLE AMOUNT of TIME!
I am fooling no-one least of all myself in expecting anything from Damac in the way of compensation and am more confused as to why you would try and support such gross incompetence. Of course if myself and other dis-satisfied customers are wrong and you don't work for Damac I will wait for you to put your money where your mouth is and bid for my property- I am not greedy my investment, plus 2 years rent and the normal percentage appreciation that you optimistically predict from Damac properties. Always bearing in mind that it is only 2 years late summer 2008 is hardly an exact date and we have been promised completion numerous times before only to be let down yet again.
I will then put the money somewhere more sensible - stocks and shares/a high yield account or under my pillow.
At least I'm still smiling --- Just!!:confused:
What's the size? How much do you want for it?

and yes ALL developers are occuring delays. The ONLY project that was submitted ON TIME in Dubai was "The Waves" from DAMAC.

Rammah

R

Rammah

Any evidence?

Also, I asked before, do you have any relationship with DAMAC?

I fully respect your opinion but really, really need to understand your motivation.
Loads of evidence. Project by project figures.
Come and meet me in the Mayfair office and I'll go through it in details.

I work for DAMAC in Mayfair, and I will never invest in properties with anyone else [unless I couldn't afford them of course].... knowledge and belief are the strongest source of motivation. I have both when it comes to DAMAC!

Regards,

Rammah

R

revolutionary

Can someone tell me why posts keep getting deleted from this thread? Is someone restricting free speech out there?

My last post noted that Zal_Kindi was having his posts removed and now mine are also being removed. Is this the DAMAC bad press elimination team in action?

A

ajumani

Sooo disappointed with Damac - Lake view

Dear All,

I can't recall how long we've been waiting for our appartment in Lake view to be completed, but after speaking to Damac's sales office in London they have told me roughly that the apartment will be ready in November (Is this another lie I wonder),The main reason I wanted to speak to someone at Damac is to clarify the truth about the expected compensation, however again I could not obtain any precise information!! no figures nothing. Damac have told me that once the apartment is ready I'll need to pay the last payment then they'll issue a cheque for the compensation plus If I want the keys I need to pay for the AirCon, maintenence fees etc.

Then finally we can move in!!!! after this experience I'll be selling my apartment and buying something else thats physical and not off-plan!!!

Regards,
Aaron

p.s. this is my first post!! nice to meet you all!!!!

R

revolutionary

Dear All,

I can't recall how long we've been waiting for our appartment in Lake view to be completed, but after speaking to Damac's sales office in London they have told me roughly that the apartment will be ready in November (Is this another lie I wonder),The main reason I wanted to speak to someone at Damac is to clarify the truth about the expected compensation, however again I could not obtain any precise information!! no figures nothing. Damac have told me that once the apartment is ready I'll need to pay the last payment then they'll issue a cheque for the compensation plus If I want the keys I need to pay for the AirCon, maintenence fees etc.

Then finally we can move in!!!! after this experience I'll be selling my apartment and buying something else thats physical and not off-plan!!!

Regards,
Aaron

p.s. this is my first post!! nice to meet you all!!!!
Welcome Aaron!

November delivery is a typical DAMAC under-estimate. For the last year Lake View has been about 6 months off completion. I still think 6 months is far more likely than November - even if it was physically complete now it would take until November for all the approvals and paperwork to be sorted out before handover.

I witnessed first hand the extraordinarily slow speed of construction on a visit to Dubai. There only seemed to be one plasterer and his mate working. DAMAC themselves are the main reason for the delay as they have not manned this project adequately. They will obviously turn around and talk about the shortage of construction labour in Dubai. I'm sure they would have no problems finding plenty of excellent people by paying a little more than the norm but they choose not to do so and prefer to sit on our money and, more importantly, delay us getting our apartments and washing our hands of this dreadful company.

I strongly recommend everyone involves a local lawyer in the final handover phase as no doubt there will be major discrepancies in the amount you expect to pay and be compensated and the creative figures DAMAC come up with!

Z

zal_kindi

Perhaps Rammah or someone from DAMAC can enlighten us with a more definitive handover date. My guess is that they'll handover just in time for the crash expected in late 2009. The building doesn't look anywhere near complete. The progress on installing the outer windows is pathetically slow. The tower crane is still up as well. We are well and truly stuck....

R

Rammah

Perhaps Rammah or someone from DAMAC can enlighten us with a more definitive handover date.
I don't know! I'm very hopeful it'll happen in 2008 as per our press release dated 9th of June, and that you all enjoy your apartments and make lots of money when re-selling or renting out!!!

Rammah

K

kokni001

Welcome Aaron!

November delivery is a typical DAMAC under-estimate. For the last year Lake View has been about 6 months off completion. I still think 6 months is far more likely than November - even if it was physically complete now it would take until November for all the approvals and paperwork to be sorted out before handover.

I witnessed first hand the extraordinarily slow speed of construction on a visit to Dubai. There only seemed to be one plasterer and his mate working. DAMAC themselves are the main reason for the delay as they have not manned this project adequately. They will obviously turn around and talk about the shortage of construction labour in Dubai. I'm sure they would have no problems finding plenty of excellent people by paying a little more than the norm but they choose not to do so and prefer to sit on our money and, more importantly, delay us getting our apartments and washing our hands of this dreadful company.

I strongly recommend everyone involves a local lawyer in the final handover phase as no doubt there will be major discrepancies in the amount you expect to pay and be compensated and the creative figures DAMAC come up with!

Like you I am also a Lake View investor who has waited for over 4 YEARS for my apartment to be handed over. I have had enough of this disgraceful company who are feeding us with one lie after another about the completion date. I have instructed a lawyer to seek compensation against DAMAC and will strongly consider them to the new Dubai Court. I am also fully prepared to involve the media to expose this pathetic company. I urge you all to do the same. Enough is enough.

Incidentally forget about Rammah's estimate of a completion date this year! He is only relying on information given to him by his employers in June this year which was out of date the moment it was published.

O

omercan

I have a one bedroom apartment there. i was there 2 months ago for a sticky peak, its looking good nice tiles, kitchen is ok the bathrooms are fine. have no fear its all on track,

M

Michele

Lakeview

Hi, I've just been reading all the comments on Lakeview. I would have to agree I am getting very annoyed about the delays. I just seem to be getting no answers. Every time I call I'm told the previous person I was dealing with has left. I tried calling head office today but can't get through as I'm just left on hold. I rang London again today asking why I've received no official correspondence from Damac since before the summer. The last letter stated completion in summer 2008 and I have had no letters since. I have rang Manchester and London to be promised they would chase it up but I'm waiting 3 months now and still no letter from Damac. I've also asked for an estimate of compensation as I need to sort out my finances and I've been told they will get back to me with a rough estimate. Has anyone got correspondence from Damac since April? Or has anyone gone into to the de-snagging?

Michele

S

sap001

Hi, I've just been reading all the comments on Lakeview. I would have to agree I am getting very annoyed about the delays. I just seem to be getting no answers. Every time I call I'm told the previous person I was dealing with has left. I tried calling head office today but can't get through as I'm just left on hold. I rang London again today asking why I've received no official correspondence from Damac since before the summer. The last letter stated completion in summer 2008 and I have had no letters since. I have rang Manchester and London to be promised they would chase it up but I'm waiting 3 months now and still no letter from Damac. I've also asked for an estimate of compensation as I need to sort out my finances and I've been told they will get back to me with a rough estimate. Has anyone got correspondence from Damac since April? Or has anyone gone into to the de-snagging?

Michele
Hi Michelle,

I am very familiar with the scenario you have explained above and these are typical DAMAC tactics. Everything you describe above has happened to me over a period of 2 1/2 YEARS!!!!!. I have written to countless number of people including Peter Riddoch (CEO) without any joy. I have now decided they will HAVE to write to me before I am going to part with my final instalment. We should all adopt the same tactics for DAMAC to take any notice of us.

R

Rammah

Michele
Hi Michele,

I work for DAMAC in London. Nothing is personal, the building is completed and you will receive your letters eventually and it'll be handed over to you.

If CRM in London and/or Dubai don't know when exactly, then no one in this forum or in the world would know as CRM are the people handling the coordination etc...!

Regards,

Rammah

S

sap001

Hi Michele,

I work for DAMAC in London. Nothing is personal, the building is completed and you will receive your letters eventually and it'll be handed over to you.

If CRM in London and/or Dubai don't know when exactly, then no one in this forum or in the world would know as CRM are the people handling the coordination etc...!

Regards,

Rammah
Hi Rammah,

Which office in London do you work at? I would certainly like to meet you there?

M

Michele

lakeview

Hi Rammah,

I just find it difficult to believe that they don't know why there are further delays. I have no problem with a project being delayed once I'm kept well informed in writing by the company. As I mentioned in my last post I have not had any correspondence from Damac since before the summer and that is just unacceptable. As I'm sure you can understand the customers view point on this perhaps you should speak to Damac about improving communication with it's customers.

Regards,

Michele

Hi Michele,

Regards,

Rammah

M

Michele

Hi Michelle,

I am very familiar with the scenario you have explained above and these are typical DAMAC tactics. Everything you describe above has happened to me over a period of 2 1/2 YEARS!!!!!. I have written to countless number of people including Peter Riddoch (CEO) without any joy. I have now decided they will HAVE to write to me before I am going to part with my final instalment. We should all adopt the same tactics for DAMAC to take any notice of us.

I bought into Lakeview 2 years ago and up until the summer I was happy enough as I'd been kept well informed. However, since then I've booked flights based on a guarentee by a member of staff that the project would be well finished by Sept only to have to cancel them. I was also told by the same member of staff that the compensation would more than cover the final payment but I have not been able to get that in writing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.