Almeida

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neca

Almeida is a small mideval village, a fortification built with a double granit wall in the shape of an exagonal star, situated in the NorthEast of Portugal, 15 Km. from the most important boarder of Portugal/Spain ( Vilar Formoso ). It's practicly an undiscovered region to bet on investment, specially in the tourism area. Just about everybody thinks that only the big cities are the best, but I can say that, to live, work and have a more relaxing and pleasant life, there is nothing like this, and believe me because I have been living here for nearly 34 years, teaching and in the Restaurant business and have never regreated this sort of life. You might think " but you are use to the Portuguese stile of life " ... Wrong ... I was brought up in Rhodesia, a completly different way of living. Just a small tip... Try this area, come and visit Almeida and come and have a drink with us at " A Muralha "... why not ?

L

l.a.a.s

Almeida is a small mideval village, a fortification built with a double granit wall in the shape of an exagonal star, situated in the NorthEast of Portugal, 15 Km. from the most important boarder of Portugal/Spain ( Vilar Formoso ). It's practicly an undiscovered region to bet on investment, specially in the tourism area. Just about everybody thinks that only the big cities are the best, but I can say that, to live, work and have a more relaxing and pleasant life, there is nothing like this, and believe me because I have been living here for nearly 34 years, teaching and in the Restaurant business and have never regreated this sort of life. You might think " but you are use to the Portuguese stile of life " ... Wrong ... I was brought up in Rhodesia, a completly different way of living. Just a small tip... Try this area, come and visit Almeida and come and have a drink with us at " A Muralha "... why not ?

Hi

Rhodesia? used to be a nice country (barn of Africa) , unfortunately not anymore.
Almeida is quite nice even if a bit isolated

Best regards

Luis

N

neca

Hi,
I know... But even so, Rhodesia was and still is in my heart. I agree, Almeida is a bit isolated, but very good concerning to restaurants, because of the Spanish. They spend good money.
Best regards,
Manuel

Status
Not open for further replies.