Allowed use of 'agricultural' zoned land?

K

keyser soze

Hello,

I have spent most of this afternoon Googling things related to building in Portugal and kept coming across this forum, so I decided to sign up and ask a couple of questions.

Right now I'm living in Portugal, I own some properties but they are all apartments. I'd like to go one step further now, and actually build a house so I have been trying to source a suitable plot of land.

I have found one I like the look of, it consists of 600m2 roughly that you can build on (300m2 build size already approved in the past),along with 8000m2+ of 'agricultural' zoned land.

The house build part should be fairly straight forward - I've looked at other comparable houses for sale and with what I need I can comfortably get a suitable house/pool in the 300m2.

What I'm more interested in at this point is what I can actually do with land that is zoned as agricultural. I intend to plant a lot of orange and lemon trees, I understand this is absolutely fine. I'll also fence off and leave a large portion of it with the grass / scrubland type stuff that is there currently, as its perfect for the dogs.

There are some other things that I'd kind of like to do, but which aren't deal breakers on whether I buy it or not. Could I:

• add a lake/pond to keep ducks?
  • construct a proper brick built horse shelter?
  • plant palm trees / any other type of non fruit trees I wanted?
  • construct dog kennels that consisted of brick build / part concrete base in the run area?
  • put proper manicured lawns in this agricultural area?

If anyone has any advice on this I'd love to hear from them... I've pretty much found answers on Google to everything else I wanted to know but there doesn't seem to be anything on allowable use of agricultural land. Its in the Lagoa camera area if that matters.