Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wiseowl

Boom Time

Laing Laing O’Rourke to double mideast staff
Source AME Info

Middle East: 5 hours, 52 minutes ago

Construction firm Laing O' Rourke plans to add up to 4,500 more staff to its operations in the Middle East next year. The largest private construction company in the UK, it has said that its future growth will be in the GCC. The company currently employs just over 4,000 people in the Middle East. :)

D

Donold

Alghadeer - the market is still moving

Hey, in the post Cityscape reflection i thought i'd let you guys know that i've invested good dollars/dirhams into this project in the past 48 hrs....the market is still moving albeit at a different pace right now. There are good opportunities still out there and remember the old adage 'buy low sell high'. Being selective and only backing the best developers and projects will continue to give good returns. i also came across this recent article on the designers for Alghadeer.

RNL’s urban vision aims to create multi-functional urban settlements that will encourage a balanced, mixed-use pedestrian-friendly environment and all-round comfort of living.

Al Ghadeer‘s master planning was commissioned by Sorouh Real Estate, Abu Dhabi’s leading real estate developer. Due to its strategic location at the Abu Dhabi - Dubai border, the self sustaining community is set to become a major hub between the two Emirates. The three million sq m site will provide affordable housing for 20,000 residents promoting mainly low to medium density neighbourhoods. It will be characteristically lined with open space corridors that will connect neighbourhoods; several pedestrian underpasses will allow unobstructed access beneath several of the high traffic streets, discouraging dependency on vehicular transportation. Advanced technological features including WiFi will also cover the entire community.

N

NAZ_2_NAZ

Hi very useful forum as a new user. i have a 4 bed villa +maid + study +2 car garage in Alghadeer if anyone is interested. i bought from Sorouh at launch earlier in year and am looking to sell at 1630sqft. i've been told i could maybe get more but i want to free up the cash to re-invest in another unit. Next payment (5%) in dec 2008 and evry 6 mths after with 35% on PC. PM if anyone wants more details. cheers
please pm me with details

naz

A

algha

Alghadeer Unit

i can't PM right now or at least it won't let me but my email is alghadeer1atgmail dot com. if you email me i can give you all the detals of the unit. thanks

D

Donold

Alghadeer price

Geeez Algha, i wish you had posted a week ago, that is a good price for a 4 bed villa at Alghadeer. i bought on re-sale last week at closer to AED1700sqft which i think is slightly under where the market is right now (i'm told 1700-1800sqft range). i'll PM you as at that price i may have someone interested in it as well. Your're the type of investor we like - someone that leaves a little in for the next guy. Good luck with the sale, i'm sure you will have a few takers if you hold to 1630sqft.

A

algha

Alghadeer villa

thanks Donold, i appreciate your comments but i've only just made the decision to sell as another unit has come up to buy. i need to free up the cash so that's why the unit is priced so low at 1630sqft. i'd be happy with that, i know others are selling at nearer 1700sqft plus. I think Alghadeer will give good returns for those that get in early at current prices. if you're interested contact me at alghadeer1at gmail dot com. i can't PM back unfortunately as the forum requires that you post min 5 times before giving a new user that option. feel free to contact me and i can give you all the details. regards

A

algha

Hi, further to above posts i'm looking for a clean exit strategy to reinvest in another unit. i'm not allowed to provide details via this forum which i respect. there are some good deals around right now including my unit. if anyone is interested please email me or phone on +971 501019833.

P

Pippa71

Al Ghadeer

hi i think Al Ghadeer has good potential for investment. it is being promoted by a top flight developer in Sorouh with close connections to government (i think smaller developers will be hurt by current events and delays will become more an issue),the location is very strategic and will only get better and the development itself is high quality. Coupled with all that the payment terms are every 6 mths and 35% on PC. I haven't changed my opinion on the project but my situation has recently changed and i'm looking to sell down. i have a 4 bed villa (approx 3300sqft) similar to Alga's above on a great site. if someone offerred me 1600sqft today i'd take it. would be a very very good deal at those rates if you're interested. so if you're keen contact me at pippa71 at live dot com.

N

ngn97141

Cheaper than cheap

Hi all,

I sold 85 villas in this project during Cityscape. I am holding units of one of my investors who had bought 500 units in this development which include various townhouses and villas. If anyone is really keen on getting any UNDER 1600/- per sqft, send me a mail on ngn97141 at eim dot ae. I might have another 100 villas/townhouses left. Regards - Navin

A

Ammar

Guys , I wonder what is the best way to sell my 1bedroom apartment at Alghadeer? does Sorouh resell for you? I got one and want to sell at a very low premium compared to the market. any help?

G

ghadeeruk

Sorouh construction starts at alghadeer development

SOROUH CONSTRUCTION STARTS AT ALGHADEER DEVELOPMENT
- Sorouh focused on delivering development through aggressive construction programme -
- Alghadeer to be home to 22,000 people -

6 October 2008 – Abu Dhabi: Sorouh Real Estate PJSC, one of the leading Abu Dhabi-based real estate developers, today announced the commencement of construction work at alghadeer, a three million square metre project located on the borders of Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Al Jaber Contracting (AJC),Sorouh’s appointed contractor for enabling works for alghadeer, has started work on site.
When completed, alghadeer will offer its 22,000 residents a relaxed and safe environment to raise families away from Abu Dhabi’s city center. More than 6,000 homes will be constructed within the six villages that make up alghadeer - Baraha, Liwa, Falaj and Khaleej and the central villages of Buhayra and Khubaira. When residents move into their new homes, in 2012, they will enjoy facilities including a mosque, two kindergartens, two primary schools, a private international school, sports clubs, community centers, retail outlets, cinemas and much more, all surrounded by lush green parks and walkways. Alghadeer will also contain a Goodman Sorouh Business Park and a hotel with conference facilities overlooking alghadeer lake.
Commenting on the groundbreaking, Mounir Haidar, CEO, Sorouh Real Estate PJSC, said:
“The commencement of construction at alghadeer is a significant milestone for Sorouh. Alghadeer is a highly regarded development and alongside SHAMS Abu Dhabi forms part of our exciting and expanding real estate portfolio across the UAE.
“Sorouh is committed to ensuring alghadeer is completed on time and that our customers’ homes are delivered within the agreed schedules. We have begun an aggressive construction programme to ensure we meet our timeline for delivery.
“It has been exciting to watch Abu Dhabi and Dubai expand and develop in the past few years. Seeing the construction start at alghadeer marks not just another milestone for Sorouh, but also for the UAE, as alghadeer becomes the newest landmark development to take shape before us.”
Sorouh is focused on delivering alghadeer in late 2012. Road and infrastructure construction started in April 2008 and was followed this month by site preparation for building packages design. This is the first of many significant milestones for Sorouh’s Al Gahdeer project. There will be many more to come as the grander plan for Algahdeer is revealed.
Alghadeer is positioned close to some of the UAE’s most significant new industrial zones and facilities, including the Khalifa Port and Industrial Zone, Jebel Ali Free Zone and Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai World Central.

P

Pippa71

Alghadeer villa

my circumstances have changed and i genuinely need to sell my 4 bed (3230sqft) villa here. i had intended to hold it until late 2009. alghadeer offers great investment potential. all offers considered, if interested please email me on pippa71 at live dot com

S

SaleemUk

Alghadeer/Sorouh - still good

Here is a recent article of note on Sooruh and AUH resi. Sorouh is still reporting strong growth and Alghadeer is well underway i am told. Quality always comes to the fore in times of challenge:

The demand for housing in Abu Dhabi is still high due to limited supply and the emirate will require 100,000 units to meet demand of rising population, said Mounir Haider, CEO of Sorouh Real Estate.
"The demand is not going to wane in the short term, as the emirate's economy is growing at an encouraging pace, which will keep the demand at higher levels,” he told reporters on Wednesday.
To meet the peaking demands, Sorouh will launch projects to supply 7,000-10,000 housing units during next 3-5 years, Haider said. Alghadeer will be a key component in the supply and will service the Abu Dhabi and Dubai market place.
To a question, he said during the past one year the cost of construction materials has risen by 40 per cent, however there has been little respite recently in some of the items. On the contrary, the per square feet prices of properties have gone up on an average of 10-15 per cent, which is very modest.
He said that all Sorouh's projects are on track and deliveries would be made on schedule.

P

Pippa71

Alghadeer

that sounds promising SaleemUK and i think Sorouh is one of the few development companies that is well funded, can deliver on its plans and has very good government backing in Abu Dhabi. i am looking to divest my 4 bed villa due to unfortunate circumstances. it offers good buying right now, if interested pls email me on pippa71 at live dot com. thanks all, looking forward to hearing more.

P

Pippa71

Alghadeer

thanks to those who've emailed me.....fair to say my villa is getting more distressed by the week and i'm catching it too, still smiling though. change in circumstances means i have to pass this one up but i'm more than happy for someone from the Forum here to benefit from my distress. Sorouh is a tier 1 developer, the Alghadeer project is a good one that is underway and on-track, and my villa is a great investment for someone. let me know your thoughts on pippa71 at live dot com

A

Ammar

Alghadeer is amazing investment but the obly draw back is it is to be delivered by 2011. However the payment plan is amazing and very comfortable.

I'm offering my 1 bedroom flat at alghadeer for 1% premium if any is interested PM me please.

W

wiseowl

Business 24/7
Property and banking lead ADX higher for a second day

By
Matt Smith on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The capital's property stocks led the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange higher for a second day, while banking also flourished.

The ADX advanced 1.3 per cent to 2,884 points, which means it is up 4.3 per cent this week. The Dubai bourse has toiled in comparison, having fallen 3.5 per cent over the same period.

Aldar Properties and Sorouh Real Estate were the headline gainers after surging 7.56 and 6.46 per cent respectively amid persistent rumours of support buying from quasi-government funds. Aldar has also been boosted by a report from HSBC describing it as a safe haven amid the current turmoil.

"ADX property companies have crept up over the past few sessions," said Sanyalaksna Manibhandu, Emaar Saudi Financial Services head of research. "People have realised there's not going to oversupply problems in the capital, unlike Dubai."

"For long term investors Abu Dhabi's banking and property sectors offer good value, particularly compared to their counterparts in Dubai," Manibhandu said.

A

Ammar

I've been informed today that Sorouh is going to SHIFT the payments (i.e. delay them for another 6 months) for Alghadeer project.

In other words , the 5% payment which was due on 1 Dec 2008 is delayed to 1/6/2009 . Amazing isn't it?

I've started to like these guys :)

A

AbraCadabra

What is the actual construction status on Al Ghadeer? Has it started? Any photos?

S

SaleemUk

Alghadeer Construction Underway

Yes, construction has started and infrastructure work are well underway. Here is an article from AME from earlier in the year.

"Sorouh Real Estate PJSC, one of the leading Abu Dhabi-based real estate developers, announced the commencement of construction work at alghadeer, a three million square metre project located on the borders of Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Al Jaber Contracting (AJC),Sorouh's appointed contractor for enabling works for alghadeer, has started work on site.

When completed, alghadeer will offer its 22,000 residents a relaxed and safe environment to raise families away from Abu Dhabi's city center.

More than 6,000 homes will be constructed within the six villages that make up alghadeer - Baraha, Liwa, Falaj and Khaleej and the central villages of Buhayra and Khubaira.

When residents move into their new homes they will enjoy facilities including a mosque, two kindergartens, two primary schools, a private international school, sports clubs, community centers, retail outlets, cinemas and much more, all surrounded by lush green parks and walkways.

Alghadeer will also contain a Goodman Sorouh Business Park and a hotel with conference facilities overlooking alghadeer lake.

Commenting on the groundbreaking, Mounir Haidar, CEO, Sorouh Real Estate PJSC, said:

'The commencement of construction at alghadeer is a significant milestone for Sorouh. Alghadeer is a highly regarded development and alongside SHAMS Abu Dhabi forms part of our exciting and expanding real estate portfolio across the UAE. Sorouh is committed to ensuring alghadeer is completed on time and that our customers' homes are delivered within the agreed schedules. We have begun an aggressive construction programme to ensure we meet our timeline for delivery. It has been exciting to watch Abu Dhabi and Dubai expand and develop in the past few years. Seeing the construction start at alghadeer marks not just another milestone for Sorouh, but also for the UAE, as alghadeer becomes the newest landmark development to take shape before us.'

Sorouh is focused on delivering alghadeer in 2011.

Road and infrastructure construction started in April 2008 and was followed this month by site preparation for building packages design.

This is the first of many significant milestones for Sorouh's Al Gahdeer project. There will be many more to come as the grander plan for Algahdeer is revealed.

Alghadeer is positioned close to some of the UAE's most significant new industrial zones and facilities, including the Khalifa Port and Industrial Zone, Jebel Ali Free Zone and Abu Dhabi International Airport and Dubai World Central. "

Status
Not open for further replies.