Al Jawza International City

L

lzg2309dxb

Is there anyone out there who invested at Al Jawza Project of Tameer at International City? I signed a purchase contract with Tameer in June 2006 for total property value of AED626,920 with promised delivery of 2 bedroom apartment in June 2007. The first delivery schedule was delayed and re-scheduled to June 2008 then to April 2009 and finally the project became ready for hand over just last 12 March 2012. I paid a total amount of AED470K till Nov 2008 and now Tameer is forcing me to pay the balance without discussion of compensation which is totally unfair. If i did not follow the payment schedule given to me by Tameer I am pretty sure that I will be penalized but now that Tameer was delayed by more than 5 years Tameer was simply telling me to pay the balance amount without compensation at all? I paid interest to the bank while trying to meet the payment deadline of Tameer therefore I am seeking compensation against the amount I paid to Tameer from June 2006 till Nov 2008.

Anyone out there facing similar situation and what sort of action I should undertake now?

Appreciate receiving your opinion.