Al attar properties - investors please read

Discussion in 'Dubai property' started by Bulldozer, Apr 9, 2010.

1. SSM

SSM Member

RERA Message

I haven't invested much in Toronto Towers but never one to allow crooks to steal my money. After many many MANY emails to RERA, they finally responded and stated the following:
    "kindly informed that your project has been transferred to liquidation committee in Dubai real estate court to liquidate the project. Kindly send all your contact information to liquidation at rera dot gov dot ae
    to update your information in the system."

Is this long standing saga and embarrassment to Dubai finally going to end??
    I'm sure Al Attar has caused many investors never to look at Dubai again and also severe embarrassment to the government.

RERA contact number is 600555556

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. Noureldin

Noureldin New Member

Some of AL attar projects were cancelled try to keep that in mind and they are being subject of liquidation.

3. khadija88

khadija88 New Member

i do have a question ...does everybody have their property registered in the OQOOD system

4. samnajy

samnajy New Member

Do we need to register in Oqood ?

5. khadija88

khadija88 New Member

the developer is supposed to do the registration. you can check for same in your documents by looking for "INITIAL CONTRACT FOR SALE". if you have this that means your registration is done, if this is not done you may have issues proving validity of your Sales Purchase Agreement.

6. samnajy

samnajy New Member

Well actually I don't have, So what is the next step ??

7. khadija88

khadija88 New Member

well in that case first check if the developer has charged you for he OQOOD registration??? if he has you charged you , you can force him to register the Agreement. if he declines to do so you can do it yourself . the charges for the Registration is 4% of the Purchase price of the Agreement. if he has not charged you, you can still do it yourself. However is the project definitely under cancellation with the Courts???

8. samnajy

samnajy New Member

The project Toronto Tower was under cancellation but still no any news about it

9. SSM

SSM Member

Thought I'd humour myself and see if RERA have made any further progress. I emailed the liquidation department and they informed me to check with the 'Project Status Tracking Service' on dubailand.gov.ae
    Enter in the search field of the website as I couldn't find the link as it's not a user-friendly website.....yes, just another thing they can't do right.

Not sure how old the details are below but here's what I found:

Land Number 143
    Project Number 456
    Project Name TORONTO
    Project Location Warsan Fourth
    Project Adoption Date 23-01-2008
    Project Percentage 0.10
    Real Estate Developer Name AHMED ABDUL RAHIM AL ATTAR PROPERTIES L L C
    Master Developer Name NAKHEEL .(P J S C)
    Trust Account Number 0204429873905
    Account Trustee Name EMIRATES NBD BANK (P.J.S.C)
    Project Status Cancelled
    Project Status Detail The project is registered in RERA for off plan sales and the records indicate that the project has been canceled and transferred to the liquidation committee of the stalled projects in Dubai Courts.For more information, please visit the website of the Dubai Courts Department at the following link:Dubai Courts : :

10. khalidhasan

khalidhasan New Member

Can you tell us more news on global point

11. SSM

SSM Member

12. SSM

SSM Member

13. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Hunter Gatherer ...

Toronto tower in the courts

Could anyone in Dubai actually tell us what this means? that the cancelled projects are in front of the Liquidations committee ... what does this actually mean in reality?
    Any views? Does it actually mean I am going to get a cheque from someone? Or will it just be another pointless signature on another pointless piece of paper?

14. Bulldozer

Bulldozer Hunter Gatherer ...

Any further updates from anyone on the Al Attar saga?

15. philipsmithdxb

philipsmithdxb New Member

Hi all,

I am not sure on the status of the Attar projects but I have made some enquiries recently at RERA/DLD re other cancelled projects.
    I visited RERA/DLD a few times after reading the article in the newspaper re the cancelled projects committee. Unfortunately I didnt get too far, simply being told that it was under review by the committee and to come back in a few months time.

I managed to speak to a few other more senior people at DLD who suggested that a few of the projects had gone to the Dubai Courts for liquidation and release of funds to investors but the others have since gone back to RERA for further review. On my last visit there, we were advised to speak to a particular lawyer re the chances of recovery on each project. We are looking into that...

Ultimately there must be money in the Escrow for any chance of recovery and although this committee should help matters, it will be a painfully slow process I would imagine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
  16. Sirah

Sirah New Member

Can you please tell me any info on how to get refund from al Ataar

17. Sirah

Sirah New Member

Hello I also have invested into Polaris. As they transferred my Vancouver to this. But nothing since has happened. I would like to join in with you if that helps in fighting our case.
    Thanks
    Mrs sirah Hussain

18. SSM

SSM Member

19. MANY ROUNAGH

MANY ROUNAGH New Member

We have invested in the Alattar project in JLT. Same situation as the rest of you. We had a reply to our numerous emails from TrustCare, part of RERA. They have told us that they have found a new developer and should speak to their lawyer Mrs Anu at [email protected]. I have made many calls and send many emails but without any reply.
    What I don't understand is if the project is cancelled why have they found another developer?

Many

20. SSM

SSM Member

Here's a reply from Lawyer Point which someone stated was dealing with these crooks:
    ----
    Dear Sir,

We would like to inform you that, we are not representing the Developer, M/s Ahmed Abdul Rahim Al Attar.

We have done the due diligence and found that the Project is transferred to Dubai Court for liquidation. Please note that, once the Project is listed for liquidation by Dubai Court the end users can register their claim through Dubai Court website and on auction of the Plot the Court will disburse the amount to the end users.
    ----

So hopefully even if the land is auctioned off we should see our money back.
    Dubai is a paradise for developers who never wish to be caught by the law!
    Question - is there any law!?!!?