Agents, Home Owners & Developers - Call to Action!

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE CHEAPER AND MORE FREQUENT FLIGHTS TO EGYPTS REGIONAL AIRPORTS?

• YES

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OK AS IT IS

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
We are all being held to ransom by the actions of International Airline Carriers; there are just not enough routes in to Egypt's regional airports for the millions of visitors who make their way to the Red Sea coast every year. At the moment, clients/property owners from the UK have to travel on charter flights from too few regional airports or use expensive National carriers flying via Cairo. WHY is it that from Belgium, Russia and Germany the low cost carriers are flying daily to places like Hurghada and Sharm? WHY not from the UK?

If this is an area which disturbs you and you would like to see cheaper and more frequent options, start lobbying your airline operators and ask WHY we cannot get a cheaper and more frequent service? British Airways, Ryan Air, BMI Baby, Easyjet are all rushing to fly to emerging markets so WHY NOT Egypt?

The more people who write in the more chance we have of success; WHY NOT use the forum to publicise your success or lack of it and lets all draw attention to this problem

M

mark 123

cheap flights

Hi Peter
I completely agree with you - we cant get sensibly priced flights until April next year at the earliest and even then it is still £250 per person to fly direct from gatwick to hurgada. To come out at xmas it will cost a 4 person family around £2800 - this is just pathetic and will not help drive up demand or growth for families.

Perhaps you can start a petition here or draw up a standard letter for forum members to crib from, then add all the key addresses for cheap airlines where we need to send our suggestions too.

(for some reason i couldnt respond to your poll)

best regards, Mark

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Good Idea! I will get on to it....

A

alison9071

We are looking at chartering our own plane along with a well known travel agent in Egypt. The flights will hopefully start from October and fly from Luton to Hurghada. It is planned to have a flight from friday until monday and from monday until friday.

These are primarily for inspections but could logistically be used for week long visits from monday to monday or friday to friday.

The flight price will be between 150 to 199 GBP.

We are currently in a market research stage but it is looking very feasible. If this works out we will look to fly from coventry and Leeds as well

Alison

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Support for Egypt Flights

Resort Alliance the developers of Sahl Hasheesh would be delighted to support your efforts in arranging private charter flights. In the coming 12 months we could have up to 3000 units to sell in the Hurghada area and inspection flights are by far the biggest stumbling block. Congratulations on your initiative - I look forward to discussing further with you soon!

D

dave99

Great idea - really need some cheap flights and Luton would suit me fine.

W

wayne_harris

Hi, Just recieved an email from Easy-jet customer service and they have said, they have a sale on flights to Hurghada up until 25th April and then they are not continuing the route after that for now. So have asked the question "why not" and have also said there is great demand. Just wait and see if they email back again and what their reply will be.

Dawn -x-

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

I agree with you Peter. We need more flights into Hurghada. I just booked a ticket for two weeks from now, and could not find any tickets to Hurghada. I have to go through Cairo, which is not fun.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Sounds as if you arrive just as I am leaving! (15th April) But I shall be back on the 22nd April until 6th May.

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

Sounds as if you arrive just as I am leaving! (15th April) But I shall be back on the 22nd April until 6th May.
Yes, I arrive the day you are leaving. Thats to bad. I wanted to get together with you for another beer :)

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

You'll miss the next big get together at Bull's on the 24th! You should try and stay a bit longer!

RedSeaVision.com

RedSeaVision.com

You'll miss the next big get together at Bull's on the 24th! You should try and stay a bit longer!
Actually I might still be there on the 24th. I will let you know. I enjoyed that last time we met at Bull's.

Status
Not open for further replies.