Agent closed down

D

darrmont

I have a property in Detroit which was bought through Dollar Property in England and managed by an agent called Wayne County Solutions and they seem to have closed down but they paid me no rent from April 2011 until August 2011 when a new agent took over. The company was owned by a guy called Mike Anthony and the rent was being paid under the section 8 scheme and I assume was being paid to someone. is there anyway I can chase this agent or do I have any hope of recovering this money. They promised to pay it in August but never have. Any ideas would be very welcome.

D

Dave_Velasco

You should start with a lawyer. A real estate lawyer - someone who knows better about such situations. It's hard to chase someone who has not paid you on their debt, but probably having someone to help you should be something to consider.

D

darrmont

Found him

I have now traced the guy and got some money money so at least that. Thanks for your replys

Darrell

H

hugheswilliams

Are u interested in selling the property?,please let me know or do you know anyone who is ready to sell his property in the united states.I can`t find any agent.

S

stdownes

Atlanta Investment Properties

Are u interested in selling the property?,please let me know or do you know anyone who is ready to sell his property in the united states.I can`t find any agent.
I recently purchased 2 investment properties in the Atlanta area using a property investment firm based in London. I believe there are a few brokers operating in the UK but be careful who you choose to do business with. When I was doing my homework on making property investments in the UK I found that some brokers rely solely on the US HUD programme for placing tenants, and others want you to buy the property first before they carry out the rennovations, which can take up to two months or more. This means that you lose out on about 2 months rent. The company I used provides true "turnkey properties" which I purchased already fully refurbished, and fully tenanted and managed by a professional management company. Basicly everything was done for me which required minimal input from myself as the investor.

I hope that helps.