Advie on buying on Sydney

O

ozmigration

Hello,

I am exploring my best options of buying a property in Sydney.

where you guys think is good, considering i dont have high budget and looking for surburb where i can raise my family well, have kids with me.

I am willing to travel even if its little far unless its nice place for family.

Thanks

kaz101

kaz101

Are you thinking about a straightforward buy or something more creative like rent to own?

Have you approached a mortgage broker to get an idea of how much you can borrow? Assuming that you are buying the usual way.

Sorry I don't know Sydney although I do know investors there who sell properties on rent to buy.

Regards,
Karen

A

Annie_Smith

Hello,

where you guys think is good, considering i dont have high budget and looking for surburb where i can raise my family well, have kids with me.

Thanks
There are many properties available for sale in kingsford,maroubra, waverley, randwick, coogee, lurline bay. I would suggest you contact some property dealer there for best deal.

J

joseph111

Hello,

Thanks
Perfect! Sydney would be best place for you.

You will have to care about property papers and all legal issues.

All the best! have a happy life!

D

Dave_Velasco

I bet you can try a rent to own which is a bit better if your budget can support it. Then that would be the best you can do.

I

Investment Guru

Sydney is a great place very scenic, if you cant come near a big nice landmark...maybe on the country overlooking one would be great...
cheers

CSQTownPlanner

CSQTownPlanner

Biggest advice of caution for new buyers:

• Before making, the buying decisions decide on the budget and strictly stick to it. Do not get tempted by up selling.
• The net EMI outflow should not exceed 35% of your net monthly take home; this will help reduce the stress level substantially. Also, set aside a contingency fund, which can cover 6-8 months of EMI.
• Do not get over excited and limit your spend on furnishing and interior designing. This is an emotional decision in which usually tend to go overboard very easily. Also for people living in metros there is a high possibility of their moving to a bigger apartment or a different city, in that case there are things, which may not fetch returns while selling.

I

Investment Guru

How's the house hunting going? any news yet?
Best be and may you find the best properties out there, specially ones that are kid friendly.

cheers

D

DarrenG

Thanks for all the tips. Although I did not start the thread, it really gave me many answers to my questions since I am also looking into buying property in Sydney.

M

mcgrandles

love sydney but if your looking for a great place to live and raise a family try gosford and all the way up to wangi wangi i use to live in morriset sorry i ever left its an easy drive down to sydney

N

nikkoncolmel

Speak with your financier or your <snip> consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.

2. Prepare a short list of preferred areas that suit your lifestyle. Keep in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.

3. Research sales in those preferred areas using Sydney Morning Herald Price Guide & <snip>. Inspect every property in your preferred area so you have a feel for the price. Attend all auctions in the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mattio

Have you talked to any agents in Sydney? I am sure they will be able to provide good deals for you within your budget. Rent to own might be a good option for you as well.