Advice-Selling in East Germany

T

thecapaccino

I have been trying for some months, not so actively, but am interested in possibly, auctioning the property, the normal way or via online auctions.

Anyone can give me any leads on how to proceed?

Cheers!

K

kap-C

Why do you want to auction your property? Any particular reason? Property auctions in Germany are normally in the course of foreclosure proceedings, i.e. a forced sale by court order because the owner cannot meet his/her liabilities. If you could give us some more information on property type, location etc., we may be able to provide some more advice ...

T

thecapaccino

Well I planned on living in Germany to fix the place up, but now I am living in Austria.

The property is appr 14,000sq meters...and has outbuildings, and garden areas. It also has a lovely building built 18xx that is "denkmalschutz" (Listed I think is same in UK).

I have some people renting the garden areas, and a couple people renting a farm house part and garage on a month to month basis, but I would prefer the money to be used for property in Austria now.

ah, it is located next the Schloss Schlettau (castle) 09487. Nearest town, 5km called Annaberg-buchholz.

K

kap-C

Did you speak to a local estate agent yet? This would be my first stop, at least to get some idea about value. I would also contact some agents in the next bigger cities (Chemnitz, Dresden). Maybe one of your tenants would be interested to acquire the property?

T

thecapaccino

I tried a local one for a year with an exclusive contract. They never contacted me the whole year! Unlike estate agents in the UK who hustle!!!:)

I will try auction, or like you said, maybe ask a couple of the tenants.

K

kap-C

I tried a local one for a year with an exclusive contract.
That's why I recommended talking to a bigger firm in Chemnitz or Dresden. After one year with no results you should have no problem cancelling the exclusive agreement with the current agent.

However, selling property in the East can take a long time, also significantly longer than one year ...

A

andewjohn258

Why do you want to auction your property? Any particular reason? Property auctions in Germany are normally in the course of foreclosure proceedings, i.e. a forced sale by court order because the owner cannot meet his/her liabilities. If you could give us some more information on property type, location etc., we may be able to provide some more advice ...
I agree with you and yes why do you want to auction your property

T

thecapaccino

Well I want to sell it because I want to use the CASH to buy in Austria.

G

G&B Berlin

I think, that I can help you somehow. Please google my nick and
give us a call next week, if you want. You can also email us by using the info on our web site.
Cheers

M

mygermanpropertyEU

Well I planned on living in Germany to fix the place up, but now I am living in Austria.

The property is appr 14,000sq meters...and has outbuildings, and garden areas. It also has a lovely building built 18xx that is "denkmalschutz" (Listed I think is same in UK).

I have some people renting the garden areas, and a couple people renting a farm house part and garage on a month to month basis, but I would prefer the money to be used for property in Austria now.

ah, it is located next the Schloss Schlettau (castle) 09487. Nearest town, 5km called Annaberg-buchholz.
Really it sounds like a case of someone investing in the German property market and biting off more than they can chew! It is damaging the Denk properties in Germany when they change hands like top trump cards amongst clueless investors who do little or nothing to secure these properties from damage simply due to how cheap they are! By the time they finally find a living home with someone who wishes to invest the time and money significant damage from neglect is present due to the lack of investment.

Really people, come speak to the experts in this field before you take on something you cannot handle. A German property is for life not just for Christmas :)

T

thecapaccino

Harsh criticism?

The countless people who spend their hard own money for frivolous items without trying to invest in the future, get better critic?

A person can spend thousands on holidays getting pissed and making a mockery of the local culture, or spending thousands on useless cars or even mobile phones and electronics. However, someone who tries to use their hard earned money to invest in the future of their family, oh causing a "rift in society"?

:ridinghorse:

I am no mogul. It is just ONE property. By any countries standard, that is considered even a primary domicile.

So my investment was a good one nonetheless which has afforded my child a reliable home to call his own.

Thanks though! No hard feelings.

#justsayin
:tee: