Advice please on selling

Z

Zephyr

Hi all im new to the forums and was wondering if any one could help .
I may be going away for 3-6 months working outside Europe what happens if i sell my property in Spain can i just contact a lawyer to do it for me as i dont think ill be able to get to Spain to go to the notary.
Also im thinking of giving it another 6 months then considering handing the keys back its been on the market 3 years now to start with the price was maybe high but now i think its at a ok price but still no interest ive allowed to be knocked 10k plus the 6k for agent fees and stuff , its finally getting to me ive had to move in with my parents as i cant afford to rent here and pay Spain.
Any advice would be great :)

E

Eamon

Sounds tough. In a market full of properties for sale, you sometimes need to lose to move on. Price it as aggressively as possible. If you trust someone here..leave them POA (Power of Attorney),so they can sign on your behalf if you cannot make it back. Make sure the POA is restricted to just sign on your behalf ONLY. Its a chicken and egg scenario too..some people wont sign before they get money, some people wont send money before they sign?? Best way, is to request a Bankers Draft to be presented by potential buyer at time of "closing"...that way, all parties are happy. Hope that helps.