Advice on resale market

H

Home Buy Overseas

Banned
Hi, Desmond
I don't think that investment in Bansko is good right now.Bansko is overbuild.If you want to make an investment the best is to buy a apartment in one of the big cities like Varna, Sofia, Burgas.Just for an example I did bought 67m2 flat in Varna for 52000e in 2006 right now I can sell it for 80000e.This gonna be easy sell.I think 28000e is good profit for less than two years.
Don't hesitate to write me.
i have seen the sol vista complex advertised and this looks rather nice .13kplus for a one bed apt. i have figured that this could be very good for us as a cheap holiday bolt hole for all the family .. very good facilities and the potential for a little rental income from various work colleagues acquaintences

its about 4km from sunny beach not too far from nesebar .. just wondered if people had any thoughts on this development

M

manicman

vlas

Hi All,
Mark H, I agree with you on some points about the preference and attractiveness of Vlas (sounds like you have the same holiday diary as me and my family) , but looking at the £/sqm in the agent wondows in the centre of the village, I can't see any appreciation within the last 3 years. The Marina hopefully will bring and added appreciation and has still some deveopment to go. Vlas has been somewhat held back I think with SB stealing its thunder ( however I don't think Vlas would even be on your holiday/Investment radar screen if it wasn't for SB). Like you I bought for the long term and realistic price family beach holidays in the medium term. I feel I'm getting a good deal in the long term with a great location, but there does not seem a lot of scope for rental ( I tried 2 years ago) as SB. another good thing about Vlas is the distinct lack of of indulgence(drink) as its frequented by a huge range of other europeans (Germans, swedish, Norwegian,dutch, Russians and the Bulgarians themselves). All in all, a good bet for 5-10 years for a family and appreciation, but not convinced by the rental market.

M

mdacruz1

Hi

Do you know if there is anyone I could talk to about trying to sale my apartment in Perun Lodge, I have paid the 30% deposit plus the resevation fee. I am really looking to just get out and willing to listen to offers.

Cheers

B

bunna

Hi just stumbled across this site

I bought on the Seven Lakes development in Dolnya Banya, it is freehold and carbon neutral development but cannot find any independent news about this development. Has anyy one else bought and is it worth holding onto or should I try to sell. For Bulgaria they are on the more expensive side. if anyone has any advise i would dearly love to hear from you. Thanks very much Janine

Afternoon Mark (well, it is afternoon here in Bulgaria)

Yes, I think you are completely right about location being important.

St Vlas is definitely a good bet and your reasons for saying so are totally valid. I personally would prefer it to SB but then I myself prefer things a bit quieter.

I agree too regarding promoting your property for rent, I think lots of people wanting to rent apartments or houses forget that you have to work at marketing to get the business. There seems to be a strange idea that once you have bought your property, then the business will just arrive (and this is most certainly not limited to people buying in Bulgaria, but indeed all over the world). You need to check sources for advertising and promotion, plus find differentiators, reply to emails in the correct way, over-achieve on managing their expectations, etc.....

The Russians, as you say, are out in force - but it has to be said they are looking for really top notch stuff - location and quality of build combined. If you have that then you can do very well with them. Interestingly though, a lot of our readers have successfully sold to Brits and other Europeans.

It is interesting that holiday home construction in Bulgaria is not currently keeping up with demand, so I expect that all those doom and gloom merchants will be eating their hat soon. One of our key things we always say is that you always have to look forward in a property market and the doom n gloom guys ref Bulgaria are basing their opinion on what has happened rather than what is happening now and is to come.

Cheers

N

Nick_buyer

I bought on the Seven Lakes development in Dolnya Banya, it is freehold and carbon neutral development but cannot find any independent news about this development. Has anyy one else bought and is it worth holding onto or should I try to sell. For Bulgaria they are on the more expensive side. if anyone has any advise i would dearly love to hear from you. Thanks very much Janine
Hi all,

My advice is if you need the money shortly to sell. If not may be it is better to wait and see and will go on.