Advice Investing in Malaysia

M

macb

Hi,

I am looking to invest in property in Malaysia, more long term than short and I was wondering if anyone had advice or suggestions -

I am quite keen on condos in KLCC area preferably serviced apartments, as they seem to be a good option
Does anyone know of property available that meets this criteria

Other options or suggestions would be equally welcome, aswell as pitfalls to avoid. This is my first (and hopefully not last) international property investment

Based on the stuff I read, KLCC (or close to it) seems to be the best option in terms of location

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Thanks

Mac

B

Big Ben Limited

Hi Mac

Not sure whether you are in Malaysia. I am sure you have some knowledge of the country. Question one has to ask is what your real intention is in terms of buying - whether to stay out there say as a second home in which case going through with Malaysia My Second Home is the best fit; a place to invest or to retire to. In many cases it is a bit of all. What I have to say is that from investment perspective expecting a high return it is a long shot as Malaysia is not really a proven destination for that unlike countries like Australia, UK or Spain but according to past trend, it provided a steady small growth over a period of time.

What we normally tell potential buyers is that one is buying into a lifestyle quite unlike others - the unusually friendly environment, the people, food and the cultures.

Anyway if you are interested, have a look at our website. Search for Borneolife. We are promoting propeties from Kuching, the state capital of Sarawak in the island of Borneo, a place which has its charm quite unlike Kuala Lumpur. In particular have a look at the testimonial section of our web and see what others have to say of our services.

In the meantime I wish you well in your search.

Kind regards
Samuel Chai

M

macb

Hi

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, you are correct. I do not live in Malaysia, but I have been there, and as result I fell in love the place and it's people.

The reason for my investment, is not really to make high investment returns, (although I would like to be able to rent out the property and obtain some sort of rental income),my main objective to use this this property as a 2nd home and later on, malaysia as my retirement destination in the years to come. (Although I've got some time to go before that)

I will have a look at your website but if you can offer advice it would be much appreciated. I plan to visit malaysia during 2010 to scout various locations

Thanks

Mac

B

Big Ben Limited

Hi Mac

What we offer is probably right up your street. Have a look at our web first. We offer inspection tour and you can stay in our apartment to gauge your reaction. We look after apartments on behalf of our clients and rent them out too, although rental is not as brilliant as one would expect of more established markets. Like you quite rightly said it is the people you love most and the quality of life and perhaps investment and rental yield are just a bonus.

We have a no. of clients in the same shoe like you coming over as much as they can to get away from the rat race so to speak and find some transquility and sanity. And most of them cant wait for the days when they can pack up and come over. But it doesnt take much to live out in Malaysia too. It is a question of how sensible one is in terms of spending habits. I have a lady from UK who is about to come over and retire and living off her pension - and not even her full pension at that.

Kind regards
Samuel

H

hazri

need to know if you'll be staying in Malaysia for long period of time or just gonna make it your second home...anyway,why not try Johor...it's the second largest city in Malaysia..

H

hazri

Hi,

I am looking to invest in property in Malaysia, more long term than short and I was wondering if anyone had advice or suggestions -

I am quite keen on condos in KLCC area preferably serviced apartments, as they seem to be a good option
Does anyone know of property available that meets this criteria

Other options or suggestions would be equally welcome, aswell as pitfalls to avoid. This is my first (and hopefully not last) international property investment

Based on the stuff I read, KLCC (or close to it) seems to be the best option in terms of location

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Thanks
basically..Malaysia investment are for long term goals...and there's a really good benefit..now, Malaysia is increasing it's economy by 10% for the quarter years (2010)...so it's really the best time to invest in Malaysia at this moment..Johor is the second largest city in Malaysia...Nusajaya is the governments next Malaysia's goldmine... even just at 40% of it's development...there's over 60 billion ringgit had been invested by wise investor that see's the potential in Nusajaya

T

Tonypam

Hi. YOu might also want to consider Banyan Curves in Port Dickson. I have one unit there that is leased back to the developer and they're paying me 8% a year, which is a nice little income. Specially considering the fact that Malaysia is so cheap.

If it's purely for investment purposes, I would make getting 7-8% back in form of rent, the main criteria. That would need to be in the form of a written contract with the developer. Some place do offer that.

I would not consider living in Banyan Curves, as they are serviced Hotel Water Homes. I do get 10 days a year free stay in my own unit, which seemed like it wouldn't be enough at first. But this year I have used it only for 2 days so far.

Anyhow, we've been pretty happy with the investment so far. Good luck with yours.