Advice for buying in Bulgaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
thetravelbug

thetravelbug

Banned
First before you decide on any area to invest in, especially for a holiday home, come over and travel around and take a look.

For skiing, forget Bansko. Borovets a much better investment with new planned lifts and controlled development.

Rachel

N

najnaj

for a holiday home many people prefer calm and peaceful place, not noisy crowd resorts. of course the best way is to travel to the region, look around and become familiar with the situation first. Beligradchik area is beautiful and not overbuilt yet

S

Salt Lake

It is impossible to say which is the best place to invest. That is why there are so many opportunities. Everybody goes to the place, finds a place according to his preferences and buys there or just doesn't like anything and leaves. Still, I think that the big resorts - Bansko, Sunny beach, etc. are getting too overbuilt, have reached their potential for growth and prices there will not climb up or at least not that quickly.
But chosing a place is individual for everybody.

U

user12

I have invested in Bulgaria but only in the capital city Sofia; I am working with a Developer who has prime land in the financial sector of the city and near to the Presidential Palace. There are many of the older communist buildings where people are still living and there is a logical movement of people from these older blocks to move into the new apartments in the city centre. Mortgages were historically expensive but are getting less so now Bulgaria has joined the EEC. There is also a good buy to let market as people who can't afford to buy yet move into the newer units as tenants.

The ski resorts also still have mileage but the coastal resorts are being overdeveloped which will cause real problems for Investors who want to sell before completion...
yeah i agree with that
i'm an agent and i have had alot of over developed propertys like apartments near popular reigions near beaches,i have ski propertys near the mountains of bansko and are absolutely stunning and skiing as a sport is excellent and also you'd benefit from stunning views

Status
Not open for further replies.