Advice for best area in Turkey

J

JBennett

Hia
I have just come back from Altinkum and purchased an apartment for investment, close to the marina and the proposed golf course. there are loads of really cheap apartments on all the complexes away from the front but a very limited choice near to the new marina area, so therefore higher prices, but I think a better long term investment. I used a firm called Altinkum Dream Homes, Mahir is turkish married to Edna who is Irish, and I found them great. Very honest, very helpful and friendly. I went on an inspection trip with them so they paid for my accommodation but also took me out to dinner every evening and if any others clients were over they came too. We also had dinner with people living there and clients coming back out to choose furniture for places they had already bought through them which gave them great credibility I feel.
Jayne

J

JBennett

Money

Can anyone tell me if turkey guarantees return of your savings if a bank collapses and if so, up to what amount?
Jayne

Sunny Days

Sunny Days

Bank guarantees

Can anyone tell me if turkey guarantees return of your savings if a bank collapses and if so, up to what amount?
Jayne
Yes there is a Government Guarantee system in place for the main banks of 50.000 TL per person per bank. If its a joint account it attracts a 100.000 guarantee. The Government has announced that it will be raising the guarantee limits imminently.

J

javuk

kemer fethiye

Does anyone know how good kemer Mugla near Fethiye is as a long term investment. Is there a skiing resort nearby called Beki?
Thanks
Jav

A

ayse aslan

Hi Jav

I am originally from Fethiye :) Yes there is a ski resort in the Toros mountains, Saklikent. You will be able to ski and swim in the same area soon in Turkey ... Turkey is already a hot spot for investors, there must be a reason. 02072518800 Please get in touch if you need more info or help. I have good friens and family around the area you are interested in so I will more than happy to guide ;P

All the best

Ayse

J

javuk

Hi Jav

I am originally from Fethiye :) Yes there is a ski resort in the Toros mountains, Saklikent. You will be able to ski and swim in the same area soon in Turkey ... Turkey is already a hot spot for investors, there must be a reason. 02072518800 Please get in touch if you need more info or help. I have good friens and family around the area you are interested in so I will more than happy to guide ;P

All the best

Ayse
many thanks Ayse
I also have a very good friend who is married to an turkish lady from Istanbul....I am happy to know there is a potential fro skiing as many westerners love this !!It would be a great selling point !!
many thanks
Jav

A

ayse aslan

:) I will be in the area on teh 20th May if you would like to have a look around, let me know. You know my phone also my e-mail is ayse.aslan at y a h o o c o u k

All the best

Ayse :)

J

javuk

:) I will be in the area on teh 20th May if you would like to have a look around, let me know. You know my phone also my e-mail is ayse.aslan at y a h o o c o u k

All the best

Ayse :)
Many thanks for the email also...can I ask do you have a property with Infinity express company Country club?Do you know about it?could you email me some pics if you go there?
reagrds
Jav

A

ayse aslan

Hi Jav,

I do not know the company you have mentioned... I am doing property part time also but I would like to ask which kind of property are you looking for? Maybe I might help you to find what you are looking for!! If you want, I can also search about the company you are in touch with through my contacts in Fethiye ?

Can you send me your e-mail, that would be easy for me to be in touch with you:)

Are you in London?

No more question :p

All the best

Ayse

J

javuk

Hi Jav,

I do not know the company you have mentioned... I am doing property part time also but I would like to ask which kind of property are you looking for? Maybe I might help you to find what you are looking for!! If you want, I can also search about the company you are in touch with through my contacts in Fethiye ?

Can you send me your e-mail, that would be easy for me to be in touch with you:)

Are you in London?

No more question :p

All the best

Ayse
Thanks Ayse

I have emailed you!!
regards
Jav

J

javuk

Delay at Country Club?!?!

Hi there everybody did you all get the following email????
Sounds like we may get that £200 a month for late construction finish after all?!?!
Thanks
Jav

Reference: Country Club Construction

This letter serves to update you on our forthcoming construction plans for the aforesaid project.

As you will be aware the construction of Country Club began on the 18th December 2007, and since then most of you will be aware of our progress either by the visits you have made from time to time, or the photographs we have sent to you periodically, or perhaps a combination of both.

To date a significant part of “B” & “C” row villas and apartments have been completed with villas in “A” row still under construction.

Our objective remains to complete all the aforesaid houses at the promised dates. This is despite the heavy rains which have meant 44 days of lost production on external works over this winter period. Indeed our work-force was unable to access the site on these days to carry out any internal works as the access roads were impassable due to the resultant water and mud which made conditions very dangerous.

As the situation has continued to unfold this winter with the weather being the most adverse for many years, with these resultant setbacks, the Board of Directors decided to examine the situation at a meeting held on Tuesday 10th March.

The outcome of the meeting was that although we remain confident on our housing projections we, the directors, are concerned about our clients enjoying their holidays in a peaceful, relaxed and happy atmosphere during the forthcoming summer season. Therefore we have decided to divide the construction progress into two different phases;

1st Phase (which is now the current phase until the beginning of the season):

“B” & “C” row villas and apartments will be ready for habitation with some of the “A” row villas.
The roads in between the apartments and “B” & “C” row villas will be completed.
The communal lighting in between the apartments and “B” & “C” row villas will be completed.
The villa pools and the communal outdoor pool will be completed.
The cafe–bar with internet facilities will be built on the outdoor pool terrace.
Volleyball, basketball, tennis, mini golf, kids playground and bowling green areas will be completed as communal areas.

2nd Phase (to begin after the summer season):

All the outstanding construction works and the closed indoor facilities will be undertaken. This avoids the noise and heavy wagon traffic pollution during the summer season

This decision has been taken by the Board of Directors having examined the situation forced upon them and with the welfare of our valued clients uppermost in our minds.

We trust that we have brought a significant measure of clarification to our forthcoming construction plans and that we can continue to have your valued support.

May we take this opportunity to also wish you a very happy and comfortable life in your new homes.

Kindest Regards

Board of Directors

Infinity Express Homes

K

kgujral

I am looking to buy a property in Altinkum, does any one know an English speaking solicitor

A

ayse aslan

Hi there,

Please find the details below. When you contact her please reffer my name Ayse Aslan from Move To Turkey :)

Thanks

Ayse Ozcan, Advocate MBA
Director
Acacia International Legal Services
T: + 44 (0) 20 8789 2300

J

JWoody

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of any free classified ad sites or newspapers that are in English for Turkey that include property and rentals?

Thanks alot.

Jason

P

paul-steve

Hi Jason
Are you asking or just advertising your own?

Turkishdreamrentals.com are properties in Turkey
Directholidayproperties.com also have properties in Turkey

J

jac100

I have owned a villa overlooking long beach for 4 years now and visit 3-4 times a year on my own or with my family. During the winter month's it is quiet, but not isolating my villa is located on a site that is multi-national and used all year round. Yes going into town at night can be difficult, but taxi's are ample and one could hire a car for their vacation, I have always used public transport and have no problem at all. If you are looking for a villa for the long term I recommend buying outside of centrum it is green, peacful and glorious views.

P

plush

Ovacik on the Turquoise is a must. We recently bought a three bedroom duplex apartment and Ali Ucar the Managing Director handled everything for us. You need to appoint a notary to act on your behalf but Ali will take you there the office are in Fethiye. I will also sort out bank National Insurance and everything else required to make the process trouble free. We have many excellent recommendations fro British owners
I am a UK resident with a property in Ovacik, Turkey. Although we purchased our property from a different developer, we know of Ali and have spent time in his office chatting. Ali is well known in the area, so are a handful of other property developers. Ali is a trusted developer in the area.

tylerbabe

tylerbabe

I am a UK resident with a property in Ovacik, Turkey. Although we purchased our property from a different developer, we know of Ali and have spent time in his office chatting. Ali is well known in the area, so are a handful of other property developers. Ali is a trusted developer in the area.
Hi Plush,
Can you give me Ali,s details as we are trying to sell a 2 bed duplex apart Hisaronu/Ovacik does he sell resales. :deal:

P

plush

Hi Plush,
Can you give me Ali,s details as we are trying to sell a 2 bed duplex apart Hisaronu/Ovacik does he sell resales. :deal:
I dont have Ali's details as Im not really associated with him as such, I just know him to be a reputable developer, but I did notice that he now has a shop open on the right as you come down the hill from Ovacik into Hisaronu before the large roundabout, so if Im passing then I'll go in and ask. Or I'll try and grab a up to date Land Of Lights as he used to advertise in there.

tylerbabe

tylerbabe

I dont have Ali's details as Im not really associated with him as such, I just know him to be a reputable developer, but I did notice that he now has a shop open on the right as you come down the hill from Ovacik into Hisaronu before the large roundabout, so if Im passing then I'll go in and ask. Or I'll try and grab a up to date Land Of Lights as he used to advertise in there.
Ok thanks for that :party: