Advice for best area in Turkey

M

movetoturkey

Hi there

Dear Lane,

Thanks for your request and honesty about the horror stories, hence why we are happy here in our offices, as here at MoveToTurkey our aim is to build long-term relationships with all our clients and partners and we believe in the mouth to mouth referrals. Plus as we are based here in the UK, you would know where to come and find us …

Our aim at MoveToTurkey is prioritising and creating a life long relationship with all our clients and investors. Therefore we are only working in partnership with developers and construction companies in Turkey who have a very reliable, honest and high level of standard of properties.

Our sales philosophy is based on the initial viewing trip, which is only an opportunity to view the property bearing in mind we absolutely do not believe in hard sales, they are not and never will be a part of our sales philosophy.

We do have clients who would be more than to give reference, this can be both in written and verbally, however you wish.

We always recommend an independent lawyer where a sales agreement is prepared and signed, by both parties. Under no circumstances should you hand over any money without having a legal agreement in place, not just in Turkish but also in English. You should not sign any documents in Turkish if you do not speak Turkish. Once decided on a property, make sure that your solicitor …

- conducts a search at the registry office to confirm that the property belongs to the seller

- makes sure that they, the seller have the authority to sell it on behalf of someone else

- checks that there are no outstanding debts, charges, restrictive covenants or pre-emption rights against the property

- ensures that all the planning regulations were followed and building permission was granted on new and re-sale properties

- and checks that the property is not in a military restricted zone or in an area forbidden to buy for foreigners.

We would be more than happy to meet you face-to-face or on the phone whenever it suits you. please find us at info (at) movetoturkey / co / uk

Regards

Ayse Alice Aslan

We have decided we would like to purchase a property in Turkey.
Is there anyone that has first hand knowledge that can recommend credible estate agents and solicitors who are extremely good to work with and will guide us through the process. I have read too many horror stories of people getting ripped off by unscrupulous agents/builders. What we are looking for is an apartment to be used purely as an investment, taking advantage of capital growth and rental income. As yet we have no plans to move out there. I would also welcome suggestions on best area/s to invest in. Having researched Dubai as a possible location I feel Turkey has more to offer and is a 'safer' bet long term. I may of course be wrong. Any useful website suggestions would be welcome also. I don?t want to go plundering into anything without doing a great deal of research and hearing from people who have experienced the process first hand.
Bye
Lane[/QUOTE]

L

Lee Hill

Buying property in turkey

Hi all,
Is there anyone that has first hand knowledge that can recommend credible estate agents and solicitors who are extremely good to work with and will guide us through the process. I have read too many horror stories of people getting ripped off by unscrupulous agents/builders. What we are looking for is an apartment to be used purely as an investment, taking advantage of capital growth and rental income. As yet we have no plans to move out there. I would also welcome suggestions on best area/s to invest in. Having researched Dubai as a possible location I feel Turkey has more to offer and is a 'safer' bet long term. I may of course be wrong. Any useful website suggestions would be welcome also. I don?t want to go plundering into anything without doing a great deal of research and hearing from people who have experienced the process first hand.
Bye
Lane
I think your best to be cautious and would recommend contacting Love Turkish Property as we have an English a turkish team based in the UK that are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have. We provide a one stop shop from arranging inspections trips, managing the sales process and even providing assistance with buying furniture for your property. Take a look at our site and then feel free to call one of our team for a face to face meeting.

D

debbiec1

Where to buy in Turkey

Hi Lane,

Obviously you are going to get a lot of conflicting advice because most replies are going to come from agents who are likely to promote their own areas.

The best advice I can give for an investment property is to look at Istanbul. There are some fantastic new developments going up there and capital gains and rental potential are excellent.

I live in Bodrum which offers something for everyone, but in town is quite expensive and the investment potential is not so good. Tuzla, further up the penninsular will give good returns as there are plans for 6 golf courses. The first was completed last November, the second has just started and all 6 should be complete by 2010. It is also a beautiful area, and only 10 minutes from the airport. Prices are still relatively cheap so it is a good time to buy there.

A couple of examples can be seen on the links below:
Istanbul - Larasu >>

Tuzla - Dream Village >>

The best thing to do is carry on with your research, then visit a couple of the areas that you feel will suit your needs. Although there is much bad publicity about inspection trips, in a country like Turkey where there is so much so see and learn about the culture etc. a trip with an agent who will show you around is really not a bad thing - as long as you choose your agent well. If you need any help, please let me know.

All the best with your search, Debbie
Hot Property Turkey

J

jexf

Hello Lane

Hi Lane

Just saw your post. If you want to buy in Turkey before you do anything have a look at Kalkan. Just gorgous and not a fish n chips resort unlike many others.
Kalkan is a hilltop small town set in a bay just 90 mins from Dalaman. It is the Monte Carlo of Southern Turkey. Depends on your investment capability but even if you do not / cannot buy there take a trip and have a look. You will fall in love.

We have good contacts with an English resident who has apartments with fantastic views over Kalkan. if you need let me know and I will forward details + a discount password.

Useful website: EnjoyKalkan dot com

The Kalkan Turkey Forum. Used and run by English residents.

Regards
Jex

Hi all,
Bye
Lane

S

simo789

what do people think of the innovia and innovida projects...first time invester

D

debbiec1

Istanbul property

Any new development currently being built in the suburbs of Istanbul is worth looking at as its a prime investment area. The Innovia project offers a 6% 3 year rental guarantee, but only on the first phase.

Take a look at the Larasu development. They offer a guaranteed 35% increase in price by completion. It's written into the contract so if you sell on completion you will get 35% or more return on your investment. If for any reason you don't make the 35%, the developers will give you the discount in cash. Doesn't get much better than that!
Larasu, Istanbul

Best wishes, Debbie
Hot property Turkey

D

debbiec1

New Developments Istanbul

Innovia is a good product but it has much competition from other developments, all of which are worth a look. There is so much going on in Istanbul with all these new 'satellite towns' that are springing up, that it is very difficult to decide which is best for you without visiting. If you are seriously considering investing in Istanbul, my advice would be to plan a trip and look at a number of the new developments on offer.

Here is some information on the investment property in Istanbul

D

duracell4211

Hi all,We have decided we would like to purchase a property in Turkey.Is there anyone that has first hand knowledge that can recommend credible estate agents and solicitors who are extremely good to work with and will guide us through the process. I have read too many horror stories of people getting ripped off by unscrupulous agents/builders. What we are looking for is an apartment to be used purely as an investment, taking advantage of capital growth and rental income. As yet we have no plans to move out there. I would also welcome suggestions on best area/s to invest in. Having researched Dubai as a possible location I feel Turkey has more to offer and is a 'safer' bet long term. I may of course be wrong. Any useful website suggestions would be welcome also. I don?t want to go plundering into anything without doing a great deal of research and hearing from people who have experienced the process first hand.ByeLane
I am an englishman living and working in Alanya with my own company. i have owned property here for the last 4 years and have formed good working relationships with some of the top construction companies in this region.
If you need any help or advice on what to buy or where to buy please don't hesitate to contact me. Take care and the best of luck,,.

S

Superlat

Istanbul is a great place to buy if you want to get flattened in an earthquake. Scientists studying the last major earthquake east of Istanbul have basically said there is a 100% chance of a 7.0+ earthquake in Istanbul proper at any time. Istanbul is a rat race anyway, there are great things to see there, and lots of entertainment, but eventually, it's better to go relax in Marmaris or Kusadasi. That's the real reason to be in Turkey.

Investment in real estate in this environment? In a suburb of Istanbul that could turn impoverished in a heartbeat? Hmmm, doesnt seem wise, although analysts still say the developing world will grow the most in the future. The question is when does that future restart? If you're gonna buy in Istanbul, buy in a quality old area near the water, not some dusty suburb.

F

FlamingoKid

Istanbul is always a great investment, I have purchased a few apartments myself. Guaranteed rental for 3 years after completion, excellent capital growth and most important, an easy exit stratagy!

Kusadasi has some new apartments complete by Ladies Beech, quite cheap, very nice finish but ugly from the outside...should get nice rental return though.

If you want details on either I can put you in touch with the right agents and lawyers. Could be worth a call to them. PM me for more, its only my advice but its up to you what you do with it.

Good luck

T

trek

Alanya is the best choice

Especially Mahmutlar is the good region.After the Gazipaşa airpot open,we expect the prices will go up minimum 20%.

O

olwenjlangford

Prime Properties - Ovacik

Hi all,
Bye
Lane
We recently finalised the purchase of our property from Prime Properties in Ovacik. The Turquoise coast of Turkey has to be the prettiest place I have ever seen and I have traveled all around the world. prior to visiting the area the Caribbean was my destination of choice. We purchased a three bedroom duplex apartment and Ali Ucar the Managing Director handled everything for us. Once our deposit was paid he took us to the notary to give power of attorney for them to act on our behalf, to the bank to open an account to the local government office to get our National Insurance numbers and finally to the shops to buy furniture and everything else we needed to set up home. Finally he even bought us lunch. What can I say - there was a lot of trust put in this company and Ali in particular but he steered us through this process painlessly. We official got our Tapu 7 months later but un-officially owned the apartment form day 1 in May 08 when we paid our deposit and took possession of the keys - trust has to be two way traffic with Turkish people.

O

olwenjlangford

Prime Properties - Ovacik

Hi all,
Bye
Lane
Ovacik on the Turquoise is a must. We recently bought a three bedroom duplex apartment and Ali Ucar the Managing Director handled everything for us. You need to appoint a notary to act on your behalf but Ali will take you there the office are in Fethiye. I will also sort out bank National Insurance and everything else required to make the process trouble free. We have many excellent recommendations fro British owners

K

Korykos Hill

Banned
I am an englishman living and working in Alanya with my own company. i have owned property here for the last 4 years and have formed good working relationships with some of the top construction companies in this region.
If you need any help or advice on what to buy or where to buy please don't hesitate to contact me. Take care and the best of luck,,.
----

Dear Sir,

We are developer company in Mersin. We would like to contact and talk with you about our project.

Please answer us via mail ( emre at bingul dot com dot tr )

Best Regards.

Emre BINGUL

A

anna5673

Hi all,
Bye
Lane
A reliable and transparent company is Vitaelex Developments located in Bodrum. Maybe you should research them. Transparent payment system. Ideal for investment because they have low off plan prices in a growing area.

O

olwenjlangford

I bought a lovely 3 bedroom duplex apartment off Prime Houses in Ovacik in May 2008. Ali Ucar the Managing Director did everything for us legals, national insurance, shopping you name it he did it and made the whole process completely stress free.

Prime Houses have two bedroom apartments available in you price range - they are the developer so you cut out agency fees and everything else which adds approximately £5000 to the purchase price.

Our apartment is on the outskirts of Hisaronu in the village of Ovack. You can stroll down into Hisaronu in 10 minutes maximum, however our location offers beautiful mountain views in a relatively peaceful location yet it is close enough to all amenities.

A 10 minute drive by dolmus takes you to Fethiye in one direction and Olu Deniz beach can be reached in 5 minutes. The closest airport is Dalaman but with so many cut price airlines flying there now the area is easily accessible.

If you choose this area I now you will get value for money and one of the best locations in Turkey - the businesses in the area are now staying open over the Christmas period so the area is also becoming an all year round destination

F

FlamingoKid

Hi....as a pure investment you should look towards Istanbul. The highest growth area of Turkey and with the steadiest rental return. I can point you towards a great development that is selling very fast (even with the market as it is) due to the guaranteed rentals @ 6% for 3 years after completion and low purchase price.

Not sure how private messages work on here but if you would like more info you can ask. I am not an agent but am good friends with the construction company.

Try me at wheatana(AT)gmail(dot)com

T

tooquick

With such an open question it's hardly a surprise so much has been written.

I've heard there's a weekend of presentations being planned at the end of Feb at Overseas Property Centres in Bromsgrove (near Birmingham) on the subject of Turkey and property. Might be worth giving them a call on 0121 460 1532.

F

FlamingoKid

Found this good deal...60sqm 1 bed 1 bath amazing sea view ground floor apartment. Ready to move in 35k€.

Sounds like a good deal to me!