Advice filling out TA6 Law Society Property Information Form



New Member
Hi - I could do with a bit of advice as I'm selling my property and want to make sure that I fill out all forms correctly.

Under Section 7 Environmental Matters: 'Flooding', the form asks if any part of the property whether buildings or land has ever been flooded.

I have my cellar tanked out with a pump fitted due to ground water. When I moved in water was getting into my cellar, so I had a tanking system installed.

Would this be classed as 'flooding' and do I need to declare it?

I've also had water coming into my cellar which was a Yorkshire Water leak. The water was coming from the water main which is outside the property, so is that classed as flooding or just a leak?

Finally the road at the top of my row of houses flooded last year and the water eventually ran down the steps passed my doorstep (was like a waterfall) - Do I need to declare that too?

The form is legally binding and I don't want to lie, but don't want to disclose irrelevant information.

When the estate agent asked as my cellar flooded, I replied no, without not knowing what the term 'flooding' actually meant I'm just stressed about the whole thing!

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.


New Member
If the form is legally binding, better to disclose everything you have disclosed in your opening post. Let the authorities wriggle out the unwanted information from the form.