Accountancy Costs

F

FND Property

Hi all

Had a meeting last week with an accountant to discuss my new limited company which is a property development company, buying renovating & selling approx 2 properties every 3 years.

I’ll do the bookkeeping for each property.

What is a reasonable cost?, he quoted £1200 + VAT. What would others expect to pay for this service fot my type of company?

Thanks

R

realdeals

My friend has an accountant who charges around £900 all in to do his accounts - he only has online businesses. So I think you accountant is not far off the mark.

D

diyhelp

As far as accountants go, in many ways I think you get what you pay for. If you want cheap and cheerful, great, but dont expect to get a top rate service.

S

Simon_Misiewicz

I would always say that it depends on what support you want. Accountants can cost anywhere from £600 to £2,500. Again depends on what level of accountancy and tax support you require.

F

FND Property

I got a breakdown from my accountants proposal. What's people's opinions:

- Provision of un-audited financial statements - £1,000

- Tax management service including corporate tax, compliance and tax provisioning services - £350

- Confirmation statement & PSC register - £193 + VAT

- Directors tax returns - £350

- Incorporation (setting up of limited company) - £350

Do people think these are reasonable? I'm not 100% certain exactly what all of these are for so any explanation would be great.

Thanks

R

realdeals

My accountant does not charge extra for my directors tax return but I am the only director taking a salary in the company.