Abyaar Pier 8 Marina

I

iceton

Hi, I am trying to contact any investors/owners who have bought in the Abyaar Pier 8 Marina project. If you are or know of anyone please contact {moderated} - it is against forum rules to add contact details to your post, please PM the member if you need to contact them.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
L

leedubai

pier 8

Hi I have brought in pier 8. What have you been told about construction and when it is suppose to be starting. I have been given information by Flash Properties. Mainly saying firatly dec work starts and then Jan. But as you know nothing yet!

I

iceton

Abyaar Pier 8

Hi Lee, I represent a friend who has bought two aprtments. I have had several meetings with Abyaar and have now lodged a complaint with RERA and need more other investors to do the same. If you have time mayby we could meet up or at least have a tel conversation.

cheers

L

leedubai

ok please send me your contact no and we can have a chat

I

iceton

Im trying to figure out how to pm you as rules of this forum state we cant show contact details until after 5 posts ( strange rule in my opinion) if the administrator is reading this please explain how to pm another member as I cant se it anywhere.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
The rule regarding pm'ing is there to protect users from being bombarded by messages from people touting for business.
To access the pm facility you need to have made enough GOOD posts to become an active member.
Posting nonsense in order to get you post count up is not allowed.

I

iceton

So in a genuine case like this how do we contact each other? the previously message from the moderator as follows

"it is against forum rules to add contact details to your post, please PM the member if you need to contact them."

I am advised to PM him in order to contact him?.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
After you have both contributed to the forum with some good posts you will be able to contact each other via pm.

I

iceton

The purpose of me joining the Forum was to try and contact other people who have bought or are thinking to buy into the project to try and advise them of the trouble the project is in to hopefully help them avoid any further financial loss. I would have thought this being one of the core purposes why such forums as this have been established to help property buyers/investors from being ripped off.

I can well understand your rule to stop spammers and overzealous agents taking over threads and the forum. I thought it was only links to property websites and deals on offer that were not allowed?

Lee has bought into a stalled development on Dubai Marina of which I represent another buyer who has bought two apartments and has been waiting more than 4 years for some satisfaction. If this type of issue/case is not suitable on its own merit to allow people to join the forum and subsequently contact each other then the forum is missing a great chance to champion the cause of such members and tbh I believe a jobsworth attitude.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I don't see the problem with making a few posts to contribute to the forum in order to access the benefits that active members have. There are plenty of threads on Dubai that you could contribute to.:dontknow:

I

iceton

There is no problem Veronica and I fully intend to contribute to other threads as and when I feel I can contribute positively and with some usefull info, as I do to another well known UK property forum, I actually found this forum while researching online for this particular issue so in a sense without the Pier 8 problem I would never have known this forum existed so its a bit ironic that I cant get to the required service.

I

iceton

Hi Lee, it turns out that Abyaar are actively looking for a new investor and that's why there has been no construction since last October.

They have interested investors Im told but as yet nothing signed up. I have been told they will have someone signed and construction will start again end march hopefully.

The other issue was that they intend to add an extra number of penthouses and its taken time to get the necessary approvals but not sure how accurate this info is tbh.

L

leedubai

Yes still here. Thanks for the info. Please let me know anything ypu here as when you do. I was told that they where waitibg for Radisson. Anyway lets hope then all starts in March

L

leedubai

Who was your information from regarding theem seeking new investor. Was it from them selves? Have you heard anymore since we last comunicate.

Lee

I

iceton

Lee give me a call on (Moderated) then we can have a better discussion.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mrbhatia

I have also bought an apartment in Pier 8. I have paid the full cost of the apartment to Abyaar and received an SPA 3 years ago which promised compensation if project delayed for more than 2 years. So far nothing. What even more worrying is if you call the number of their website, the person on the other end says wrong nunber bor both Quwait and Dubai.

Any one know whats going on?

I

iceton

Have you been to Abyaar offices to investigate?

Have you complained to Rera?

If you want to chat call me on the number in my previous e mail