A realistic return on your property investment in egypt??

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swim-maestro

The vast majority of opinions on this site seem to think that you will see a capital growth on your egyptian property purchase in the next 5-10 years of 100%.Is this realistic? I have bought in hurghada and sahl.Any opinions will be much appreciated. Have a nice day!:)

A

andyk2

Capital Growth and making money

The vast majority of opinions on this site seem to think that you will see a capital growth on your egyptian property purchase in the next 5-10 years of 100%.Is this realistic? I have bought in hurghada and sahl.Any opinions will be much appreciated. Have a nice day!:)
Generally property prices on average double every 8 years - worldwide that´s a historical fact. So for an agent to suggest that you will see 100% capital growth in a 10 year period is not an outstanding claim. Whether you will be able to release that capital growth is another issue.

You mention that you have invested in Hurghada and Sahl Hasheesh, so your exit strategy is reliant on these destinations retaining their popularity (which I believe they will) and having an end-user willing to buy your property amongst all the others that will be on the market.

Therefore it is essential that you invest in a prime unit, and by that I mean one that has sea views, is a corner unit or has some unique selling point that has a "wow" factor.

Hurghada is okay, and if advertised to the right market will produce sufficient rental yields to make a BTL investor take notice. Sahl Hasheesh does have wow factor in theory, but you may be competing against the likes of Gouna Bay and (possibly) Gamsha Bay.

So, in answer to your question - yes, a growth figure of 100% can be realistic. Just consider your exit strategy before investing in any more!

Have a nice day too,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.