A newbie in real estate field requesting your help (UAE)

Z

zerokool

Dear all,

my warm greetings to the forum members.

I want to get a job as a real estate agent in uae. Though i vaguely have real estate experience from Hyderabad(India).

My problem is i have no idea of the real estate market in uae. particularly Dubai. every job listing i see is asking for a "good idea of Dubai real estate market" even though the requirement is for 0 - 2 years of experience.

i love this field and i want to pursue my career in this field. so, i urge you to please guide me and give me the an idea of uae and real estate. i would b deeply honored if you would be generous enough to share any material with me.

Requesting for a favorable response.

Thanks and regards,
Abdullah.

R

rkolinko

Hi Abdullah,

From what i have seen you need experience to work here and to actually complete deals either rentals or sales. However, i know people who were hired with no experience, but they have struggled.

At the end of the day the choice is yours but you need to understand that most times it is commission based and if you don't complete deals the costs of living are quite high.

Best regards,
Rus

Z

zerokool

Thanks Rus,

I feel I am naturally talented to do this job and I want to pursue a career which utilizes my natural talents. Moreover m a lil afraid as weather i am flown away in this real estate tide.

Anyways rus thabks for your help but if yoh help me out with some overiview of the market amd what subjects should I ne good at and can u gibe me a lil intro about it. I will b really grateful.

Warm Regards,
Abdullah.

P

perfectchoice

Real Estate companies in Dubai always look for experienced agents , Let suppose you have company in India and you want to hire some agents , you will always prefer agents who have knowledge about Indian real estate market.

It doesn't mean that you can't join Dubai Real Estate. There are some ways you can join .

1. There are some companies who hire fresh agents, so you should search on job forums and websites and contact with them .

2. Come with visit visa in Dubai and visit directly to Real Estate Offices, so you will have to satisfy them and tell them about your capabilities. And I am sure there will be some Indian Real Estate companies in Dubai.

3. Find any reference in Real Estate companies so it will be very easy for you to join.

I hope some these suggestions will help you.

S

SafwanSabqi

Some solid advice by perfectchoice. I also start my career in Real Estate soon. Catch up on all the news and stats posted by government, non-government and research institutes. Its a numbers game too.

Get well versed in Dubai's property market's operating procedures. Apply for tons of Real Estate agencies. References of course helps. You need to be patient as it will take at least a 1-2 year for you to get where you want to be. You also might need to consider taking a non-salary job to make sales happen and earn commission. As a new agent, I would highly suggest you against this. Find something that pays stable while you get experience, RERA card and other relevant documentations.

PS: Driving license, a car and fluency in Arabic language helps. (i'm assuming you already speak Hindi/Urdu & English)

Good luck. Feel free to discuss more

Saad Arif

Saad Arif

The main requirements of Real Estate Agencies in Dubai are;

1) UAE experience (1-2 years)
2) RERA certificate
3) UAE driving license
and list can go on.

However, it doesn't mean that you will never get hired. There are agencies who give chance to fresh agents but the problem with these companies is that, they will not give you a basic salary. The work will be commission based and living cost in Dubai is very high.

In any case, you need to be present in Dubai to drop your CV to these companies and go for interviews.

In the beginning, you will have to settle at almost nothing but once you gain experience, doors will open up for you.

muqtada123

muqtada123

Banned
Dear Abdullah,

This is not only with the real estate jobs, with every category of jobs apply, recruiters always try to get hands on the experience people first, real estate is a booming industry here in UAE and that is the reason a company need a proper person who know the places, prospect clients, their requirements and all.

Best of luck !!! :)

S

Sunita Sharma

Hey,

Your qualifications and your communication skills will matter. If you think you are blessed with the real estate skills than start your career with small reputed companies and gain knowledge and experience. What i have learnt over years that one has to be stable and focused in his line of job to achieve success.

S

steveUAE

the market is really tough for real estate agents now because of decline in demand and over saturated market with real estate agencies and agents. You may want to consider a career in Abu Dhabi vs Dubai as it is less crowded with agents.

S

stevedop

Well for me as long as you put the effort in then you can grow. However, it will take you sometime as most consultant rely on commission. You need to have moneys saved up to support for at least 6 months time without any income.

B

Ben Kinder

It seems as though that's the drawback - as with anything... commission based income. It's a big gamble to start a career like this with only commission to fall back on in my opinion..