50k GBP To Invest in Overseas Property

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Investy

TH4S said:
Investy please look at the post again it started with Press Releases - 24 Oct 2006
And ended with The Article was taken from currencies direct, İts not my list,?

Neil Redcliffe, the group managing director Of Currencies Direct, the UK’s number one non-bank provider of international payment services and commercial foreign exchange,would not miss lead people would he,

Have a Happy New Year every body.

Sorry, I didnt mean to imply it was your list!

Im not saying they would set out to mislead, Im saying the stats are inherintly misleading. Again people buying in Morocco tend to pay in Euros to accounts in Europe, thats 1 example of how such stats get scewed.

When I called some of the big international agents such as Superior or Property Showrooms I was told Morocco had come out of nowhere last year to become thier most popular investment destination. They have no reason to say this unless its true as they deal with many nations including Turkey and Dubai. Several reports state more Brits bought in Morocco than Portugal last year yet this isnt reflected in the money exchange stats.

The combination of short flights, exotic culture, a long season and well planned mainly high end developments has to be a winning formula.

Think how Cape Verde has grown in popularity yet the flight times are double Moroccos and CV 3 years ago was literaly just about the poorest place on Earth totaly reliant on World Bank aid.

Ive been to Turkey and liked it a lot. A freind has flipped several Turkish properties and made good capital returns but even he thinks its now getting saturated with hundreds of similar developments all competing for attention so he's now transfering to Morocco. He like me thinks Morocco is going to be an up - market proposition without the overwhelming prescence of the mass package holiday element, in other words something a little different.

In a nutshell dont be too swayed by popularity lists, look at the fundamentals. If your buying an appartment in a sea of low cost appartments just how will you make a decent rental return?

The list shows Thailand ahead of CV for example, but that just doesnt make sense. I visit many property forums and can say CV comes up hugely more than Thailand in the topics.

I

Investy

Interested to read you are setting up a website to advertise your property.

I own several domain names but dont know yet what to do with them.

They include villamorocco.com, villasaidia.com. saidiagolf .com

Perhaps Ill try and rent my villa myself - I imagine its lots of hassle though (explaining over and over how to get from airport, where keys are, timings etc)

B

breeze49

cymrusolutions said:
Hi All,
After reading through the posts i am in agreement with most of what has been said, however one country and one development inparticular is being overlooked i feel.

Egypt!

With prices starting from as little as £18000 and going up to £50 000 for a penthouse we are talking very little captial needs to be spent. I also believe in this development as all the signs are there for it to succeed. The reasons:

3 Hilton Hotels, 1 Marriot Hotel, and The Ministry of Sound.

These properties i am talking about are 300m from the beach and in a fantastic location. They are off plan and are due to be completed in 2008.

In Egypt there is no stamp duty or capital gains tax payable on real estate and, if you are a British resident, you will also avoid inheritance tax on any Egyptian properties that you decide to pass on to your loved ones. Some good advantages.

I think morrocco is a good development, especially Saidia, but i believe Egypt is a little bit better due to the points made above. If you are looking to buy in Egypt please speak to an expert, if you do require a good contact please just ask.

Cheers.

Cymru
I would be interested in knowing where you are talking about. I also think Egypt has potential.
Tony

G

Gossette ortiz

Hi my name is gossette ortiz i am in the Dominican Republic and i was wondering if you have ever thought of investing in the Domincan Republic? Right now we are one of the top three in investments of the caribean.

O

opus

Hi Aaron,

I'm looking to re-invest from selling too, and I'm considering Cyprus. Have done my own research and it looks good plus the buying process seems to be very straight forward. Like you have capital of around 50k. I requested some details on a particular project from this site a week ago:

Aphrodite Invest - Kalavassos

all the info you need is there, and their site is informative too.

Good luck!

Opus

P

propertyinvest

Hi,

Have you looked into the property market in Morocco, it is a very hot market at the moment. Its worth a look into if you havent already, you wont need to spend even half of your budget and also get great rental returns and capital growth. you will have instant equity of 25% also:)

Morocco - Tangier - Tanjah Beach & Golf Resort

I

Investy

opus said:
Hi Aaron,

I'm looking to re-invest from selling too, and I'm considering Cyprus. od luck!

Opus

But why invest in a saturated market?

People I know who have owned in Cyprus a long time say renting is getting hard as there is oversaturation.
Also a long flight and finding unique property is very hard.

Why not buy in a new and rising market much much closer to the UK where all the big names are investing? - Morocco. This really is the new playground for the rich and famous.

Every week in the press I see more named premiership footballers investing in the Government (Plan Azure) sites - they say the sports and golf eclipses anything in Spain and these are beach sites, not inland.

£70K will give you a BEACHFRONT appartment within a 5* hotel in Port Lixus. The resort will be finished in 4 years - so you only put £29000 in during the build phase.
The resort includes a high class mega marina, immense sports facilities. 2 18hole courses, tons of upmarket restaurants.
Look at the interior designer commisioned for this project to get a flavour of this gem (on website below)

Honestly - you will never see an opportunity in Cyprus like this.
You'll be getting into a very very prestigous resort, but in a few years only wealthy people will be able to afford.

Plus its hassle free as the hotel is run by a management company.

The British people and companies behind this will ensure a first class product is delivered.
Go for block 3 - it is truly an amazing setting.

La Plage Port Lixus Luxury Resort and Hotel In Morocco

Remeber - short flight times, year round rent, hassle free, 5 * start mega resort, on golf, on marina and on beach - £70KKKKKK

O

opus

Hi Investy,

Thanks for your comments.

I've been investing for quite some time now, mainly in slightly higher risk but also higher return economies, most of these have gone okay.

Right now I'm looking for low risk and sustained, stable growth. I've done my research and in doing so looked at several countries within the EU, such as Latvia, Estonia, Bulgaria, Romania.

What I noticed is that on a per sq meter basis prices in Cyprus are lower than all these countries, and average sizes of apartments are bigger in Cyprus too. So you pay less per sq meter and get more space. -You can see I go in to quite a lot of detail with my research :)

The economy in Cyprus is stable with GDP average of 3.6% from 2000 - 2006. While this may not be as high as somewhere like Latvia, it is stable, which is important I think.

In addition what is also important is that GDP per capita in Cyprus for 2006 was $22,700, (EU was $29,400 – Morocco was $4,400),this means that locals can also afford to buy and rent moderately prices apartments in Cyprus.

As far as the market being saturated, well I have spoken with another investor who recently invested in Cyprus, he purchased an off plan 2 bed apartment in a development in Protaras with on-site facilities, and for this year he has occupancy of 18 weeks already!

It's not only the Brits who want to holiday in Cyprus, Central/Eastern Europeans go there too!

Also Cyprus is an excellent market for long term rentals in the cities, many companies set up there because of the very favourable tax system.

I do think you have to make sure you buy in the right location, not all areas of Cyprus are equal when it comes to yields, and gains. And the development has to provide for holiday makers if you want short term rentals.

Another really important factor is cost to value, if you are able to purchase off plan at below market value, say around 10%, plus have appreciation of 10% per annum, then this looks good. I'd rather do this in a stable, and what is becoming a fairly mature property market like Cyprus, than in Morocco. Where developers don't have to have bank guarantees and often start selling before they have full planning permission... (a few friends got caught this way, not a pleasant experience).

Cyprus is EU so has to conform to standards, the banking system is very 'British' and several banks now offer investor mortgages - no installments or interest during the off plan period, then interest only for 5 years.

I always look at the complete picture, as I do when investing in shares.

I’m also considering Estonia, Czech Republic, and Slovenia, purely for long term corporate rentals in the capitals… just trying to find stuff at the right price :)

Opus

R

rfaraon

How about Philippines?

aaron said:
Hi Folks,
I have been reading some of the posts here with great interest. I am just about to complete on selling my buy to let property in London and I will have £50k of equity that I need to invest before April 2007.

I know this is a bit cheeky - but I want some free financial advice on buying overseas property. I want to spread the funds across a few properties if possible - which I think it should be with some off plan investments. Reading some of the posts here I am being tempted by some of the property in Morocco that is coming up. There are also some property deals in Turkey that look attractive from a low money down perspective. But I know nothing about borrowing in these overseas property markets.

Help Please.
Aaron

Good day, Sir/Madam, for your guidance, Philippines has a lot to offer all over the regions, I was wondering if you are interested in owning a condo unit here in Manila or if you want, i'll find a location that you want, Palawan, Cebu or Bohol which are one of the main tourist destination spots here in the Philippines..... You may invest or buy a proportionately size beach area in the Philippines, or a wide array of lands suitable for farming, or residential lots meant to appreciate at a faster rate in the few years ahead. Your investment would pay off in just a shorter time…..
....I am a Filipino Citizen and I am engaged in real estate business. If you are interested, I can give you several proposals to choose from, just E-mail me so that I may give you information, pictures and other details.

Rechelle F. Dela Cruz
+63918-4476201
e-mail add: [email protected]

M

Millenium0911

How About Investing Into An Amusement Park In Ft Myers, FL. Excellent Returns.

D

djkevin31

hi,
this is kevin,i am workin for a real estate company in dubai, and i have plots for sale which u can own and invest in, for best returns.
i would like to advice you, dubai, UAE property market is booming and the returns of investment are going to be alarming if u invets sometime now.
so if u would like to invest in property here in dubai,UAE do mail me n i ll give u the details.

thanx & regards,

Kevin Vast.

P

prolan

Invest in property development projects

Dear forum,

After months of research we have come up with some great property development sites in Morocco.

We now are in the process of securing some plots: around Marrakech (16 acres),on the Atlantic coast south of Agadir (near Mirleft - 60 acres with sea frontage) and in north Morocco near Tangiers (4 acres).

We have some great opportunities for TIER 1 investors or Joint Venture in the property development projects with fantastic returns. Our preliminary figures show a ROI of 200% over 3 years.

Various investment opportunities are now available: either as TIER 1 cash investor for a 3 year period, either through purchase off property at the pre-release phase at below market value prices (35% discount).

For more details please contact me on : [email protected]

Success,
Christian

Last edited by a moderator:
medseA

medseA

http://www.turkish-property-world.com
Turkey Investment Hotspot

Indeed Turkey is a hotspot to invest, especially if real estate oriented. Buying land is yet a better bet.

A

awahee123

Banned
I think when investors look at new investments a lot are forgetting the already popular countries that have established themselves as good investments.
I find a lot of people looking for new destinations rather than a sound investment,Turkey,Cyprus,North Africa and Europe provide excellent investment opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.