ad

3D Printed Buildings

M

Michelle Barringer

Forum Partner
Today i received an email about the new advances in printing 3d buildings - a random idea - but now apparently feasible via a Chinese company- has anyone seen any of these buildings? I wonder if they are available in the UK and if they would meet building regs.

Something to watch for the future??

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
It will be interesting to see if this is actually feasible.

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds amazing... Had to Google it and found this article:

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-09/21/giant-3d-printer-builds-houses

Seems feasible but the printer did take some time to build and I'm sure there are some structural issues to overcome to ensure the structure is safe!

BUT any way to build cheaper, sustainable housing that has the possibility of helping to address the world's housing crisis has got to be taken seriously...

George79

George79

I have heard all kinds of advances being made via the use of 3d printers and this one fascinates me a lot. If it can be mastered, the cost of homes will go down and more jobs should open up at the same time.

KGeeson

KGeeson

Property Forum Staff
Forum Partner
I wonder how it compares in timescales (with the assembly of the structure in the first place) and with skilled jobs? Traditional tradesman jobs would perhaps suffer too? All the same, it would be very exciting to see in real life!

S

sergerybrin

It just look amazing.I am not sure this buildings available in UK or not.But the latest designs of 3D's are attractive for making beautiful outlook to house.