2013 set to be an even better year for US house prices and sales

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Residential property and sales in the United States remain higher than a year ago and 2013 is set to be an even better year. The most recent RE/MAX National Housing Report, which covers data from 52 metropolitan areas, shows August home prices were flat compared with July, but 6.3% higher than prices seen in August [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to 2013 set to be an even better year for US house prices and sales

R

rrwolfpack

I take it we all agree that US federal government will come to an agreement on the ongoing fiscal cliff negotiations? If they fail to reach a deal, I do not know what kinds of effects it will have on housing as the entire country will its effects.

I am confident that they will reach a small deal now then as we get into 2013, more deals will be made to create a comprehensive plan to raise revenues through whatever is agreed upon and pay down the debt which is 16T and counting.

Housing is on a roll and will take off when companies and families know what to expect going forward.

B

Billy_

To my mind prices for housing depend on the economic opportunities in the country and on possibilities of buyers. To attract more customers estate agencies are doing everything possible, in particular cut prices. I think that 2013 was very productive in every sense, so the housing became available for many people.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
These points are very valid as there is evidence that developers in Spain and Cyprus, to take just two examples, are refusing to lower their prices and therefore failing to sell their properties. This leads to stagnation in the market, causes worry and concern and can lead to a fall in the short to medium term.

R

reyjohnson

One thing always remember is to always be patient with the market and with buyers in the current real estate environment you are in.