20 year guarantee to protect property purchase launched in Spain

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
A new product that gives property buyers in Spain 20 years of protection including title insurance has been launched on the market.

The Spanish property market has been dogged in recent years by illegal building, corrupt planning officials and unscrupulous lawyers.

Click Here to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to 20 year guarantee to protect property purchase launched in Spain

B

BattyeFord

How can this gurantee work when even the Banks refuse to pay out on their own bank guarantees? To my mind it is more money wasted in Spains corrupt and unjust society.
Or is it another moneymaking/confidence boosting wheeze thought up by desperate agents eager to relaunch the drowning property industry?

R

rowlandsbb

Not all banks refuse to pay out on the Bank Guarantees and I was involved with a development which was mothballed and I just called in the BG and received payment in about 4/5 weeks including interest @6% over 2 years-I did not even have to send the original BG back-money just transferred into my Spanisah Bank account

And I know of many others also

But you are correct that in some circumstrances the BG has not been drawn up correctly and that should have been checked by the lawyers

As in all things like this you tend to hear of those that go wrong and not the majority which are OK

However in today's world off plan is a non starter so getting a BG is not needed unless you are having a villa built to your own specification and are making stage payments

Today the good buys are ready now stock and bank re reales such as CAM Bank > circa 30% discount and 80% LTV mortgages to non residents who buy -full details available on request

But what is a safe precaution is that you take out title insurance and then you will have peace of mind
Also today if you get an independant mortgage on a Spanish property you can be sure that it is legal > even the Banks do not take risks now!!!!

R

rowlandsbb

We do have title insurance policies in UK and whilst it does have some defects as you say , it does perhaps play a role for some ex pat buyers who just want added security that the knowledge that if an insurance company will issue a policy then ' it must be OK'