banana residential club

K

k1elec

Hi just reserved a plot and been looking at the price of flights which seem to be a bit pricey if any one has found a site that does good deals on flights from the UK maybe they could post the information

Karl:)

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
k1elec said:
Hi just reserved a plot and been looking at the price of flights which seem to be a bit pricey if any one has found a site that does good deals on flights from the UK maybe they could post the information

Karl:)
Hi,

Forget about August and try and wait until September if you can. Try TAP via Lisbon, also Air Europa from Madrid, I have flown both and they are good value.

Then of course you have the charters, thomson, etc.. If you can read some Spanish, you can also try the Spanish charters from Madrid, like Club Vacaciones, Club Vacaciones who now have 7 nights in Natal for 560 euros per person in July, you just need to easyjet it out to Madrid and back which won't cost much.

Regards,
Rob.

Last edited:
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
LisaUK said:
Hi All

Maybe I just picked a quiet time to visit (6th April to 20th April) but most of the tourists that I bumped into were Brazilian as opposed to European or American. English speaking locals and ex-pats all seemed to be of the same opinion that holiday homes were lying empty outside of the 'high season'. In Maracajau (North of Natal) me and my partner seemed to be the only Europeans staying overnight in the resort.

I'm afraid I'm a bit pessimistic by nature so I am not banking on any rental income. I am just hoping for capital appreciation. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised though.
I have to agree with DeeDee, the north won't pick up for a few years yet, the south is the place to be if you want rental income now.

Where you are talking about is solely a capital appreciation play which should give you a very healthy return in a few years, so don't worry too much.

G

garytarifa

Beach Villa for sale in the town of Taiba Brazil

:) Hello All,:)

After reading through your comments about the bananna project and all, I have to say as an owner in the Dream Village a brand new complex in Cumbuco I must say that there is alot of chat about a smelly lagoon full of moskitos with little security!!
Just thought that I would inform you all that I have a brand new beach front Villa with panoramic sea views from every room already built and ready to move into in a small exclusive community front line on the beach in the town of Taiba thats only 10mins drive from the bananna project!!
Oh and by the way it only will cost you £69,000
If you would like to see some photos and video of it please email me [email protected] or call me on + 34 670 656434:) :)

K

k1elec

So what do other people who have been there think about any mosquito problems?

A

andyk2

Mosquitos and smelly lagoons (and flights)

k1elec said:
So what do other people who have been there think about any mosquito problems?
Hi - Forum regular "Wolfgang" is out in Brazil at the moment and is visiting the site of Banana Club. Best wait until he gets back to get a first hand answer to this question.

Best route to Cumbuco is to get the First Choice Flight out of Gatwick on a Saturday to Salvador (about £250.00 return),then jump on an internal flight from Salvador to Fortaleaza (5 flights a day from £30.00). With all the change you have, you can get a helicopter from Fortaleaza and land on the helipad at Banana Club!

G

garytarifa

Hello All,

All im saying is that moskitos can be a issue to some people, anyway if you have done your research well you will know that the cumbuco area has alot of wind most of the year around 15 to 20 knts daily and that moskitos cant fly in anything over 9knts of wind!!!
More to the point my BIG question is why do people want to pay the same money for a villa on a lake when they can have the same thing front line on the beach with direct sea access and views?

O

olicombet

hi gary
which location and programme are you refering to by the beach?thanks

L

LisaUK

Dream Village

Hi Gary

I think I did look at Dream Village before I put down a reservation deposit on the Banana Club but I can't recall villas at £69,000. I think I remember seeing just apartments in the £60k's. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough. At the time I seemed to get more bang for my buck on the Banana Club development.

A

andyk2

Investment, Gary, Investment

This is tongue in cheek, so please don´t take offence, but if investors can buy a £50.000 villa with 50% finance available and (assuming) the property grows in value by 20% a year, by completion (for the last phase),the property will be worth £70.000 (same as your villa (?) now) BUT having only paid £25.000, the capital gain if selling the property on completion is 80%. It´s about investment and not sea views

K

k1elec

andyk2 said:
Hi - Forum regular "Wolfgang" is out in Brazil at the moment and is visiting the site of Banana Club. Best wait until he gets back to get a first hand answer to this question.

Best route to Cumbuco is to get the First Choice Flight out of Gatwick on a Saturday to Salvador (about £250.00 return),then jump on an internal flight from Salvador to Fortaleaza (5 flights a day from £30.00). With all the change you have, you can get a helicopter from Fortaleaza and land on the helipad at Banana Club!

Hi Andy a helicopter now there is an idea :D well I managed to get a plot last friday and sorted my 1000 Euro's today I even managed to get it for the 75K Euro price. Even though the price had gone up at the end of June, so what parts of the development are people on. I got a plot that someone had decided they didn't want any more its plot 1 on the first part of the project right in the corner its near the club house. :cool:

L

LisaUK

Hi K1

That looks like a nice plot. I am plot 21 in the 3rd phase (588m2). I must confess that I am a bit risk averse so I was only prepared to invest in the 3rd or 4th phase. I am going out before my instalments start in January 2008 to have a look at how things are progressing with phases 1 and 2.

A

andyk2

Site progress

Hi everyone. Current photos of the construction progress are available on the Property Showrooms web site - it looks pretty good and fairly far forward. Go into the IPIN INvestor Report and click on images, and then pick the "Construction Images Gallery". Andy

K

k1elec

LisaUK said:
Hi K1

That looks like a nice plot. I am plot 21 in the 3rd phase (588m2). I must confess that I am a bit risk averse so I was only prepared to invest in the 3rd or 4th phase. I am going out before my instalments start in January 2008 to have a look at how things are progressing with phases 1 and 2.
Hi Lisa

That’s a nice size plot, I think the plot I have is around 418m2 but not sure have worked that out from the plot info on BANANA RESIDENCIAL CLUBE web site. I have asked for a set of plans for the plot i have reserved with measurements.

L

LisaUK

Do You Have A Link?

andyk2 said:
Hi everyone. Current photos of the construction progress are available on the Property Showrooms web site - it looks pretty good and fairly far forward. Go into the IPIN INvestor Report and click on images, and then pick the "Construction Images Gallery". Andy
This is probably just me, but I can't find it. Could you post a link?

L

LisaUK

Sorry!!!!

LisaUK said:
This is probably just me, but I can't find it. Could you post a link?
I've got it now! I should have logged in first!

L

LisaUK

Andy

Will there be regular updates of photos and news about the progress of the development on the Property Showrooms site? This would provide quite a bit of reassurance for us jittery investors.

Also, I just wanted to say that I have received a good level of service from Property Showrooms to date. Having met quite a few so called 'professional agents' at property investment shows I have been pleasantly surprised by the level of service provided by Nicky and the team at Property Showrooms.