Qatari Diar' launches USD-660Mn tourist project in Tangier

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

manor park

Investor

Thanks for the info, looks really nice but a bit out of my league, us riff raff will have to stick with Tanjer & PBGR. The acid test will be how well these sell at those prices, I hope they are snapped up as it will really put the area on the map.

I

investor27

Mannor Park, Yes these apartments / villa's are def out of reach for myself too, however i know many people have bought on neighbouring resorts such as Tanjah & PBGR so this development is good news for them, Al Houara looks as though its a top end development, & is ideal for those who want exclusive Villas, however the price tag as you know is over 1 Mill for Villas...

S

Sunnyshores

I was discussing Al Houara with someone who sells very high end +£750k villas in Europe (which now seems to include morocco!),and she thinks they will sell, but as someone said earlier to rich Middle Eastern people, not Europeans.

More interestingly she also said the prices may be a deliberate ploy to attract end-users, not investors. Therefore it will be a more stable, permanent resort with few resales and more longer term residents. I think this can only be a good thing for the area - 12 month living not seasonal.

Still dont have the million though!!

M

manor park

Sunnyshores

I think that maybe right about the pricing, mind you would have to be a brave investor to sign up for a 2.5 mil villa and hope to flip it.

I have had a look at the resort map and the road does not seem to affect them, has anyone got a map of how this fits in with the other resorts on this stretch?

S

Sunnyshores

I think - from Tangiers North down to Asilah South

Paradise Beach -
average 2 bed appt £77k
golf course
?* hotel

Tinja -
average 2 bed townhouse £175k
estimate for 2 bed appartments £100-£120k
golf course
equestrian centre
5* hotel 600 rooms
670 residential properties

Al Houara - 2.5kms of coast, 234 hectares
average 2 bed appartment £182k
18 hole golf course
equestrien centre
3of 5* hotels
1100 properties - some rental, some private residential

Tanjah
average 2 bed appartments £84k
average 3 bed penthouse appt £120k
18 hole golf course
3500 properties mostly apartments

would be good info to fill in what else is around the area.
Anyone know how far along the coast the other developments stretch ?

Last edited:
A

AustralianInvestor

Hi All,

I am really considering buying a 1 bedroom apartment here. Has anyone purchased here or is planning on purchasing?

Cheers
AI

S

Sunnyshores

AI
basically I cant afford to invest here. But, I would have no hesitation in recommending the immediate area/beach it sits in and having studied the brochure it does look like a really nice development and obviously the developer is first class and has lots of experience.

My only reservation would be (and I dont know the answer) what are rentals like on 1 beds ? Obviously you're ruling out families, 2 sets of couples or 2 friends going on holiday together. But I suppose there are 1 beds in holidayville all over the world and it must work.

I

investor27

Al Houra in my opinion & as mentioned before will be a world class resort, prices are high but that will in essance "draw" the wealthy individuals who are looking at buying a nice holiday apt / villa for their personal.

I was in Morocco over the wkend & went to see the main sales agent with regards to this development, they did advise on one aspect which stood out, they are not in no rush to sell units on the development, finance is already in place so the need to sell asap is not vital, they want to sell properties to those who will use & appreciate the development not those who are looking at "flipping" before completion.

I'm going to post some pics i took of the development "model" very soon, hopefully tonight.

If anyone is seriously interested I have contact details of the the sales agents of Al Houara & ive advised them I will refer clients. If this does interest you do advise of your contact details via PM & i shall ask someone from the main sales office in Casablanca to contact you.

Rgds

A

AustralianInvestor

Hi Investor27,

Thanks for the info. The current phase is in the best location (beach front),nearly half the 2 million dollar villas and over 60 apartments have already been sold. There will be price increases in the 2nd and subsequent phases.

I am very tempted to buy here, but I was wondering if Tinja will be built in the same class and are they offering finance as well?

If Tinja is in the same class, then I would rather wait for Tinja to release as Tinja will have more facilties, marina, lower density (half the amount of units/villas on the same land size),and not sure about this one but it seems like it will be cheaper in price.

Cheers
AI

Last edited:
I

investor27

AI, Tinja will be on the same scale in terms of luxury but as yet because plans have not been approved so you may find that certain features may not be included, say for example the marina, however dont quote me on this, its just a thought.. Prices i think will be in the same region, if Al Houara is currently selling at these prices Emaar will also want to achieve the same price if not more..

A

AustralianInvestor

investor27 said:
AI, Tinja will be on the same scale in terms of luxury but as yet because plans have not been approved so you may find that certain features may not be included, say for example the marina, however dont quote me on this, its just a thought.. Prices i think will be in the same region, if Al Houara is currently selling at these prices Emaar will also want to achieve the same price if not more..
Sounds logical, I was hopping though because of the fact that agents are saying that entry level prices for Tinja will start from 100K Euro. So i am assuming it will be for a 1 bedroom apartment. Al Houara entry prices are 150K Euro furnished.

S

Sunnyshores

I have been on several agents Tinja list and have had a few insider tips from others in the know and although prices arent set, and Al Houara probably has increased the prices Emaar can charge, I am constently being told it wont be as expensive.
Also, it wont be mostly residential and wont have the larger £2.5m villas, so i dont see how the units can be as costly.

The new plans dont have the marina, I thought that was fact and widely known.

I see it more as an expensive PBGR/Tanjah (better build quality, facilities, exclusivity) rather than a cheaper Al Houara.

I

investor27

Hi, I heard Emaar was no-longer having the marina but it was not confirmed from a "reliable" source

Ok, going back to Al Houra, ive just e-mailed bob some pics I took whilst I was over in their sales office on the wkend, you'll see a "model" of the Al houara project soon... (cheers bob)

M

manor park

Does anyone know the time frame on Tinja or is it still up in the air? I would like to make another investment in Morocco, and may consider this myself. I have just returned from Agadir and do not want to buy there, so it is the North again or maybe Marrakesh?

I have yet to visit Marrakesh (hope to go soon) so any tips welcome.

S

Sunnyshores

Hi MP
I was told from a reliable source it would be November if not later. Then Hamptons sent me an email saying dont believe the malicious threads you read on property forums, it will be August! My moneys on later.
I've been active on the New Emaar Project Tinja thread and there's a fair bit on info on there.

Marrakesh - I've started a new Marrakesh thread, perhaps we can post there?

A

AustralianInvestor

Reserved one

Hi All,

I have decided to reserve a 1 bedroom apartment here at Al Houara:-

BA3K202:

Parcel 3
2nd story/ architectual level 5 (high with good views)

Unit type C

Number of Bedrooms: 1

BA3K202:

Parcel 3
2nd story/ architectual level 5 (high with good views)

Unit type C

Number of Bedrooms: 1

1 terrace at 11sqm

Habitable surface 75 sqm

Total: 86 sqm

Total Dirham price: 1,890,900 - approximate EURO price: 168,300

Condo Fee: 1,125 Euro per year

Resort Fee: 1,125 Euro per year

This is of the last 1 bedroom apartment available with seaviews. Its all selling like hotcakes.

By the time Tinja becomes available Al Houara's first and best phase will be sold out. Then 20% price increase for 2nd phase.

Cheers
AI

M

Morten - Direct Morocco

I came across Sotherbys office in Tanger , and got some brochures etc. Definately very ambitious project, aimed at the arab marked. Most expensive isn't the villas but 6 beachfront palaces ( 1844M2) priced at 9 Million Euros - each !!! I still love the smaller development a little further north - Atlantic Magna. Closer to Tangier at a fantastic setting. Close to the palaces and Hotel Le Mirage. Very high specs.

A

AustralianInvestor

Property owners in the Al Houara Resort will be offered access to the
Diar Club, a property investment and resort lifestyle programme
exclusively available to owners of Qatari Diar resort developments
worldwide. Among the various apartment, villa, and palace properties
available for sale, there are two buyer selections: the Private Use
Residences and the PURE Residences.

Private Use Residences
Certain properties will be sold as Private Use units solely for an
owner’s private use. These owners can opt for limited Diar Club
membership that includes on-site hospitality and concierge services in
exchange for an annual fee.

PURE Residences
(Personal Use, Rental and Exchange)
Select PURE Residences are available for property investors who seek a
rental income while maintaining the freedom to select an unlimited
amount of personal use time at their property. Buyers who purchase PURE
residences may take advantage of the PURE benefits through membership
with the Diar Club for an annual fee.

Similar to a hotel or condo hotel, all properties will be fully
furnished by the Diar Club with custom furnishings to match the design
aesthetic and high quality standard of the Al Houara Resort.

Property Rental
Diar Club’s interest lies in Al Houara Resort’s and owners’ long-term
investment value, not just a short-term guarantee of rental returns. To
that end, Diar Club and Al Houara have carefully selected Group RCI to
manage rental services of the PURE Residences.

• Group RCI is one of the world’s largest and most reputable
vacation rental companies, currently managing more than 63,000
properties for owners worldwide

• Al Houara PURE owners will enjoy worldwide distribution via Group
RCI’s multi-million person membership consisting of high-income,
frequent travelers

• A portion of all PURE residence sales will go specifically to wards
marketing properties

One of the main reasons why I invested in Al houara is because they are targeting people you actually want to live in this development not investors. There is only a small number of residences available on the PURE scheme.

So my apartment will not be in a large pool of other apartments competing to lease or sell.

When Morocco becomes popular on a world scale, Al Houara will be known for only the mega wealthly and they will be paying big dollars to rent and buy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.