Internet/Website/Marketing Sections

Do you think TotallyProperty.com forum needs a new "internet section"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

John

I am of the opinion that this (excellent) forum would become an even better place if a few more sections were added, especially a section relating to the internet where users can exchange links, marketing ideas, etc etc..

The poll attached is fairly simple.

Do you agree that this forum needs an "internet section".

Maybe if users think of other sections that could be added to this forum, they could post their ideas here too..

A

ATA

Would be nice to have a link exchange section. This benefits both linking sites for better search engine ranking.

J

John

Do you mean making all of totallyproperty forum paid or just the internet section.. ?

I've seen this discussed on other forums before (gaming affiliates, adult webmaster etc) and the vast majority seem to believe that becoming a paid forum spells the beginning of the end for most forums.

I would be slightly of the opinion that paid forums can work, but totallyproperty is still a baby really compaired to where it could, and probably will, be at in a year or two. This place has a lot of potential to grow and grow and grow. Becoming a paid forum would severely stunt that growth.

I'd love to hear others opinions on this too.

totallyproperty said:
What if it were a paid for subscription based forum - do you think that would work?

J

John

Yes definately a link exchange section would be a major part of any internet section. If procedures are put in place to ensure spammers are kept away, a link exchange section would work to all members benefit.

TotallyProperty, if you're reading this, perhaps you would consider selling some links on the forum on the open market. PR6 real estate links can sell for anything from $20-$50 per month. Selling 20-30 links would most surely bring in as much cash as membership fees would bring in if the place were to become a paid forum. I know for sure that I would be first in line to purchase if you did start selling a few text links on your PR5 and PR6 pages.

ATA said:
Would be nice to have a link exchange section. This benefits both linking sites for better search engine ranking.

A

ATA

How about getting businesses to sponser each forum, say on a monthly basis. In return they would have only their banner on the forum.

Mert

Mert

Hi Bob Link sales for the sake of advertisement does not hurt (if you have a redirect, java written links or a nofollow tag.). Beyond that I truly believe a section on this forum is missing about marketing strategies for developers and agents both.

F

FinancialFreedomGurus

Singing Pig

I think these guys have got the balance right- Singing Pig. I'd build up the number of users first

D

dale nelson

Hi All,

I agree that link swopping will definitely increase your offering to the investor users of your forum by shortcircuiting their search for well informed expert area specific agents as well as allowing agents to keep abreast of market values in other areas. If the investor were able to view their sites and come back to the discussion forum having their questions answered about a specific town and not just the country.

I disagree with the paid membership as you may be limiting some countries who are economy sensitive ,but may have worthy advice for investors.

Great site though. Like the fact that we are not hassled by flashing banner advert etc.

Dale

Z

zorro

I'd just like to point out that if you guys are considering exchanging links with each other for SEO purposes, this isn't an effective tactic to increase your rankings. Search engines are looking for one way links and place importance on those, not on people exchanging links.

Good luck!

M

mylesseo

Internet marketing section would be a great way to chat what's happening with in the internet marketing which is obviously growing massively. Also to know latest technique upon marketing business website.

KofiLGS

KofiLGS

I'd just like to point out that if you guys are considering exchanging links with each other for SEO purposes, this isn't an effective tactic to increase your rankings. Search engines are looking for one way links and place importance on those, not on people exchanging links.

Good luck!
Correct. However it may help strictly for networking purposes.