What Will Be A Property Hotspot For 2008???

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

l.a.a.s

May be i´m wrong but i think more than look for new countries we rather look for regions. For instance , the center and north of Portugal will receive from EU about 70% of 21.5 billions euros that are coming to Portugal from 2008 until 2013(10 million per day approximately). The prices are now in center of portugal less than half when compared with Lisbon or Algarve. Viseu is considered the best portuguese city to live and one of the best in Europe. But in a couple years the prices will be much higher.
For these reasons i think center of Portugal can also be considered a good region for investors

Best regards

luis

B

bulbasaurus

Hmm Lisbon, maybe, do you have an any idea on yields as I am a yield whore?

I am talking with a good developer in Moldavia where the yields are 13% in Chisinau

B

bulbasaurus

May be i´m wrong but i think more than look for new countries we rather look for regions. For instance , the center and north of Portugal will receive from EU about 70% of 21.5 billions euros that are coming to Portugal from 2008 until 2013(10 million per day approximately). The prices are now in center of portugal less than half when compared with Lisbon or Algarve. Viseu is considered the best portuguese city to live and one of the best in Europe. But in a couple years the prices will be much higher.
For these reasons i think center of Portugal can also be considered a good region for investors

Best regards

luis
Sorry I misread your post - you did not mean Lisbon- when you say central Portugal which towns would you suggest and do you have names of local agents

L

l.a.a.s

Sorry I misread your post - you did not mean Lisbon- when you say central Portugal which towns would you suggest and do you have names of local agents
I`m refering to Viseu

About yield it is dificult to give you a number for the following reasons:

-We have a real property crisis at this moment in Portugal
- The prices are very low, specially in center of Portugal (Viseu)
- We expect in one or two years a bullish market.

There are several local agents. I`m an investor. I´ve been investing for quite a while in this region (40º 42`29,33" N ; 7º 42`12,39" O , Google Earth) it is an urbanisation with 36 plots.
Another reason why i invest in this region is also because there are several XVIII and XIX century noble houses , one of them is becoming a 5 star hotel.
Some hoteliers are also showing interest in this region.

Best regards
luis

M

meriaKre

Everybody knows that most areas of the Mediterranean are finished, the numbers are dropping and there is no more money to be made.

I came to North Cyprus Last year and personally i feel this is going to be the next major hotspot in Europe, Property value is rising on average 25-30% per year with land value rising upto 50% and this has been the case for the past 3 years.

As North Cyprus is NOT in the EU yet prices are still low for example you can pic up a 3 apartment for around £40 to £50k and 4 bedroom villas with private pool for around £150,000 currently bringing in returns of between 7 to 11%, when you compare this to South Cyprus or Spain you would struggle to find a 3 bedroom apartment for £150k on the beach front.

I have just been looking for a small plot of land myself and a came up with 1 donum (aproxx 1300m2) touching the sea with a private beach and permission to build a hotel for £200k.

this will be the next european hotspot!!!
Of course North of Cyprus, only if it will be managed the same way that transformed the South of Cyprus in such a wonderful country.

Besides NoC, the next big hits will be Albania, Ukraine and of course Moldova.
Even though the best investment in Moldova are the agricultural land (not available to foreign investors right now),you can easily find now objects that yield 1% a month.

The average growth of landplots is about 30-35% a year.
The next year is going to be even higher, because specially european investors have spotted the "virgin" market.
Another good investment in Chisinau (most of the deals are made here) is the off-plan appartments investment.
You can easily earn 80-100% in 18-24 months.

Take care!

N

nancyarora2020

Indian Real Estate

What i personally feel is that Developing economies like China,India and are hot spots....Indian economy is going through a major twist......A lot of currency is being poured into this economy by big time investors,the Indian real estate market has been performing exceptionally well because of several reasons.....whats your take on this people...?

L

lynguy

St Vincent and Grenadines

I have been studying this for some time and Buccament Bay in St Vincent looks pretty hot for investment.
You can reserve with 1K and have deferred interest until built is complete.

The growth projections look very favourable with rental guarantees and 50/50 splits which a large 5* hotel chain lookig to manage.

Any other info would be gratefully appreciated.

cheery for now

J

Janoulaki

Russia (St. Petersburg)
India
Pakistan
China

This answer is for investors

K

Kim

2008 hotspots

The world has become too exotic and fanciful - how many blokes with good old tattoos do you see in these far off resorts; very few. yet the British bulk tourists is tatooed and comes from Bolton and thinks Montenegro is a car Austin used to make.
Good poperty returns need tourists using the place.
Abruzzo italy can be reached by road, rail and 18 euro flight destinations. The Germans, Austrians and Italians love it and the brits have just found it. cheap property loads to do and prices are 80% lower than Tuscany and 50% lower than Umbria next door. Barclays says its doing loads of mortgages there.
Check it out.
Kim

K

Kim

caribbean

There are other X British Commonwealth Islands which are even better value; have English based property law; speak English as native tongue and have direct flights from uk now.
I am thinking Rum and Nutmeg.
cheers Kim

I have been studying this for some time and Buccament Bay in St Vincent looks pretty hot for investment.
You can reserve with 1K and have deferred interest until built is complete.

The growth projections look very favourable with rental guarantees and 50/50 splits which a large 5* hotel chain lookig to manage.

Any other info would be gratefully appreciated.

cheery for now

S

Sunnyshores

I think most South american countries are on the up...
Brazil (again)
Argentina
Uruguay

Panama has been steadily rising for the last 5 years, on the back of huge American investment - and I personally think is overpriced now.

Also, BEWARE - a few people have mentioned India - please see Indian threads as a non Indian you CAN NOT legally purchase property there.

V

valnet

Definitely Montenegro, since 2006 - 2007 the prices are abnormally big for this small but beautiful country, for example 1 m2 in Montenegro is more then Palma De Majorca, (I know because I work there too).
Why? Because first buyers from Russia and Ireland mostly is the ones who rises the prices (not the local people as you might think),because they knowed that Montenegro will be the most waned real estate market in next few years. You don`t need the better proof from this: if somebody (and this year was lots of them) is willing to pay 5000 euros per 1m2 of the coastal residence in this small country, then definitely something is telling me that this will be the real, real estate BOOM now when the prices are going down because everyone is starting to build and therefore is much more villas, houses and apartments now available to middle class buyers !!!

M

martin73

Libya - dont laugh - i will be promoting properties here in the new year.

S

sqftmag

<B>Moderator</B> & Senior Member
I have just posted Knight Frank's Global House Prices for 3rd Quarter of 2007 on Square Foot magazine website which I hope Members might find helpful when weighing up foreign hotspots of 2008.
My money is on Istria.
Regards
Michele Andrew

P

propertyborders

I think in 2008 we will hear much more about Albania, Brazil and Egypt.

D

distant dreamer

I think Egypt - lots of interest on the forums, plus Calabria, in Southern Italy, especially since Ryan Air started a direct route.

W

willowtree1

Calabria is now a proven property hotspot things are really beginning to takeoff,the choice and the standards of the developments are improving best to deal with smaller companys with real knowledge.

A

ady1231

Hi Guys;

Here are my Picks;

1. Brazil NE: This will appreciate at a min of 15% no doubt.
2. Egypt: Closer to europe with still a good prices, but Be aware, i know something you guys don't know, The president is almost 80 years old, and there is NO vice president, yes, so be aware!
3.Bratslavia- Slovak Republic: Close to Vienna , but it's still part of europe which could be hit badly by the sluggish world economy.

Bottom Line: Avoid Europe AT ALL COSTS. Brazil is the buy to let carnival, and if you are a serious investor, don't buy off plan, Buy a land and build on it!

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.