Change of use of part of back garden

J

Jamescroydon

I need some advice .

I own a property (mortgaged) that is in a nice corner plot , with a niced size back garden it is accessible from both side and rear and previously had a dropped krub that allows access .

I would like to section of a large part of the garden and let it as a yard .

I have seen similar sized Yards in the area being let for around £800-1500 per month as Small scaffolding yard, builders yard, storage Containers etc .

I realise that this would probably be change of use and may need planing permission and would image the approval would depend on what I intended to let the use of the yard I would presume a type of let such as tyre yard would be a lot harder to get permission than some other types of use .

Does anyone here have any experience with this type of change of use or can recommend any type of change of use that is more likely to be granted .

Regards

James

J

Jamescroydon

Thanks for the response iv come across that post whilst searching , but it does not seem to clarify anything.

F

FWL

I would assume with the envirnoment being a big subject at the moment, planning permission for a tyre yard might be a challenge. I would approach the council on an informal basis and see what they have to say.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
This is a difficult one because on one hand local authorities are desperate to encourage new businesses while on the other their hands are being tied tighter and tighter on environmental issues.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Are you going to build the yard, if you get permission, or simply get permission and let a future tenant build it? Just wondered how much the venture would cost?

J

Jamescroydon

Sorry for late response.

I don’t plan to build on the yard just let it to a tennent possibly add a small scaffold Shelter area.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Did you check with the council or a professional advisor with knowledge of the area?