Very interesting article about New Zealand houses and the ban on foreign investors

T

Trey

Are these regulations targeting Chinese investors? Just too many investment from them, buying property like buying onion...

D

diyhelp

Restrictions and regulations in the Chinese real estate market are forcing more and more Chinese investors to look elsewhere. The UK, New Zealand, Canada and Australia to name but four countries, have attracted significant real estate investment from Chinese investors.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

I have read articles in the past about Australia and the fact the impact of overseas buyers is often greatly exagerated. On the flip side of the coin, is it fair to welcome overseas buyers when you need support for your property market then ditch them when you dont?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Actually if you read the article it dosn't mention Chinese investors at all. It is all about American multimillionaires wanting bolt holes to escape the impending apolcalypse. Shows how much they trust their government.;)

L

lookinginvest

Well, how much would you trust Donald Trump not to press the button!

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Well, how much would you trust Donald Trump not to press the button!
I wouldn't trust that idiot with anything at all. How on earth he got to be in the position he is in has always baffled me. It proves that American politics is all about who can buy power.

F

FWL

"It proves that American politics is all about who can buy power."

Starting to sound more and more like the UK as well :)

L

lookinginvest

See Donald spat the dummy out at the NATO meeting - who is going to feel his backlash first :) France?

R

realdeals

This apocalypse stuff is big in America - if you had the money, would you protect yourself?

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
This apocalypse stuff is big in America - if you had the money, would you protect yourself?
If the 'apocolypse' ever happens how would these multimillionaires get to New Zealand. There would be no flights and the world would be in total chaos if ever it happened. Better to spend their millions on building huge underground bolt holes to hide in.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Reminds me of Only Fools and Horses where they build a nuclear bunker on the top of their tower block lol