ad

Is the shift out of London property a long-term change in trend?

R

realdeals

Over the last couple of years we have seen many investors cashing in their London property premium to acquire property in the Midlands and the North of England. While inevitably cash will return to London, is this a long-term change in the historic trend?

M

mach

Over the last couple of years we have seen many investors cashing in their London property premium to acquire property in the Midlands and the North of England. While inevitably cash will return to London, is this a long-term change in the historic trend?
I would argue that the shift to the midlands and north of England is a fantastic opportunity and will be a long lasting trend, simply due to the fact that these areas currently and will continue to offer great value. The Gentrification and regeneration of the Midlands and northern areas show promising growth for the long term future. Invest here for fast returns 4-6 years!!

With regards to London. I would say this would better be suited to the long term investor. Although today the returns are no where near as good as the northern areas, if one plans to hold a property for 10+ my professional belief is that the Cap Growth that an investor will experience in London will almost certainly out rank that of the northern locations.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

I agree, London has been written off time and time again yet always bounces back. Looking at simple valuations you have to say that the Midlands and the North of England do offer exceptional value if you do your homework. The relocation of many company headquarters from London to the likes of Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds and Nottingham is a sign of the times. Yes, the trend has changed but there will be a partial pullback of some money towards London at some point.

F

FWL

I think that London will always be the main UK market but less funding will return to London when things "return to normal". Whatever that may be lol

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Looking at the greater picture, we may be missing a big influence here. If companies are moving their head offices/operations outside of London then this could have a longer term impact.

L

lookinginvest

It is safe to say that the recent trend away from London property will reverse at some stage BUT I think many people have only just realised that the UK property market is not just London. There are options out there!

R

realdeals

I think we are seeing a change in the focus but London will ALWAYS be the main market especially for foreign investors.

L

lookinginvest

If Boris brings home the Brexit bacon at the weekend, will this prompt a rush back to London?