ad

Should those investing on the back of HS2 be concerned?

R

realdeals

There are growing concerns that HS2 might never happen with the UK government currently reviewing the situation. Should those who have already invested to “benefit” from HS2 be concerned?

M

mach

There are growing concerns that HS2 might never happen with the UK government currently reviewing the situation. Should those who have already invested to “benefit” from HS2 be concerned?
I would argue no! The HS2 project although under "Review" in my opinion will come to fruition if not right at this moment then certainly in the near future.

But more so the northern ares show massive growth based on so many other factors other than just HS2.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

I partially agree with what you are saying but the so-called “Northern powerhouse” has yet to emerge. No doubt the subject will be brought up again during the forthcoming general election but when will the politicians actually deliver? They seem to paper over the cracks with mayoral appointments across major cities in the North of England but this does nothing for me.

D

diyhelp

Personally I think HS2 will be watered down while others think it will eventually go ahead. The one thing in favour of HS2 is that it will help the midlands and north of England - always a useful promise to make as we approach an election. Will Boris do an about turn before the election?

R

realdeals

Have the government just taken this partly off the table so they can put it back on for the election to try and grab some northern voters?

C

Conrad Paton

Hi all

To answer the OPs question.

Yes! They should be concerned.

Anybody who isn't concerned about their investments shouldn't be investing in my opinion.

R

roxanalinda

I partially agree with what you are saying but the so-called “Northern powerhouse” has yet to emerge. No doubt the subject will be brought up again during the forthcoming general election but when will the politicians actually deliver? They seem to paper over the cracks with mayoral appointments across major cities in the North of England but this does nothing for me.
thanks for nice information

D

diyhelp

The government has got itself into a real mess regarding HS2. On one hand it could potentially cost in excess of £100 billion to complete BUT £13 billion to end it now. What a complete waste of money!