Turtle Bay, Belmonte

H

horris100

Hi,
Is there anyone out there who has invested in the Turtle Bay development in Belmonte ?
If so, have you been provided with any information as to the status of the project in the last few months ?
Best Regards
Glen

P

psdr16

Hi,

Yes I invested in it. Latest I got was an email in March. The new Master Plan was approved by the Mayor of Belmonte. They are now waiting until the Environmental Protection Department has formally issued a positive report which was expected for April 2012. They believe works will be reactivated Q3 2012, so now. Although I've heard nothing to indicate works have started.

Have you invested in it?

Cheers
Pete

H

horris100

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I did invest in the Turtle Bay, but have not even received the e-mail which you mentioned you had.
I will try and track down why I didnt receive this.
Have you had any further notes from the developer ?
Did you, like me you invest by paying in installments based on how the development was proceeding ?
As so much time has now elapsed, and reading the contract it menas that the final installment does not have to be made.
Is that the way you understand it ?
Thanks
Glen

M

Matthew Jordan

Hi both,

I invested in Turtle Bay. The latest information I have received states the development is now called Belmonte Bahia Beach Village. The development can be seen on the developers website 'Katz'. Also I have just found a link to the property consultants selling the development:

http://www.anuardonato.com.br/lancamentos/belmonte-bahia-beach-village/27/intencao-enviada

Would be good to hear from you if you have also invested? Would be good to finally get something back out of the development.

Regards

Matt

B

bipin patel

HI
I rang the Developer Bernard Soultan a couple of months ago for an update and he informed me that the 'first' phase was complete and the 'second' stage would commence and we shall get some news by march 2018.

L

lynnepaul

HI
I rang the Developer Bernard Soultan a couple of months ago for an update and he informed me that the 'first' phase was complete and the 'second' stage would commence and we shall get some news by march 2018.
Hi,
We likewise are investors in the Turtle Bay project since Sept 2007. We have emailed Bernard many times over the past few years, but we are still non the wiser as to what is going on! By the way, the new name of the project is ' Belmonte Bahia Beach Village ".
Any feedback I am sure, will be greatly received for all parties concerned. Paul.

D

Deborah Harries

Hi

This is an extract from the last email update I received in November 2018, but I have heard nothing since. Has any other investor received information about the progress this year suggested below?

TURTLE BAY UPDATE Q4 2018

We reasonably expect to get an updated and reliable scheme in place around March 2019 i.e. after the local Summer break. We shall then be in a position to show substantial works progress and consequently to reactive marketing and sales on a solid base.

Regards, Deborah

C

Conleth Maenpaa

Hi, we have heard nothing at all in the last 2 years. I can’t seem to track anyone down or get any replies. Does anyone have any information at all? Any help would be fantastic.
Thanks

A

andys9601

It is now called Belmonte Bahia Beach Village ( belmontebahiabeachvillage )and is being sold by comporta-signature of which Bernard Soultan is still involved. Seeing how there has been no communication in years but they are still selling the property then I guess that the whole scheme was a con.

I

irishmike

Hi guys... im new to this forum so please excuse the fact that this is my first post. Like the rest of you on this thread, i also invested with Bernard Soultan and his Turtle Bay scheme. Have heard nothing for two years as well but also not going to let this go.... does anyone have any updated information?

A

andys9601

They are now selling it as Belmonte Bahia Beach Village. Exactly same land and development. Seems like this was a con from the start. Same people involved but do do answer calls or emails.

C

Conleth Maenpaa

Hi guys... im new to this forum so please excuse the fact that this is my first post. Like the rest of you on this thread, i also invested with Bernard Soultan and his Turtle Bay scheme. Have heard nothing for two years as well but also not going to let this go.... does anyone have any updated information?
Surely there must be hundreds of us who are in this position? We should form a syndicate

C

Conleth Maenpaa

Nothing apart from what’s on here, if I am tempted to go to Malaga to find him.

C

Conleth Maenpaa

Hi,

I am interested in taking this forward. I may try to call Bernard tomorrow to see if I get a reply.

Regards

Matt
I very much you will get through. He doesn’t answer anything. Tried anyone I can find , also tried Facebook and linked in.
we need someone to visit him
I think.
Cheers

D

Deborah Harries

Hi

This is an extract from the last email update I received in November 2018, but I have heard nothing since. Has any other investor received information about the progress this year suggested below?

TURTLE BAY UPDATE Q4 2018

We reasonably expect to get an updated and reliable scheme in place around March 2019 i.e. after the local Summer break. We shall then be in a position to show substantial works progress and consequently to reactive marketing and sales on a solid base.

Regards, Deborah
Hi - I posted the above in August last year (2019). Has anyone heard anything by way of update on the development, or made any progress on tracking down Bernard Soultan? I have not had an update email for two years now (November 2018).

In 2013/14, I sought representation from the Brazilian legal firm below to recover my investment, but reached a dead end, when their associate in Brazil couldn't represent me as they acted for the developer and so there was a conflict of interest.

I wondered whether this route - a Brazilian property lawyer with an office in London - was worth trying again, particularly if a few of us make contact and they can consider a group action? Below are the contact details I had at that time, but I can't seem to post the website link as per the rules of this forum.

Regards

Deborah (Harries)

Renata Sá
Brazilian and Portuguese Lawyer
Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Brazil Property Lawyers
(part of Chamber of International Lawyers)
Vintage House, 37 Albert Embankment London SE1 7TL
Telephone: +44 203 242 0532
Mobile: 07557 386 477
Fax: +44 207 840 0952

D

Deborah Harries

Chris Davidson
[email protected]
Product Manager, E-Quity.com
+44 (0) 207 952 7652

Or we could try and track this guy/company down, who our initial emails were with back in 2007?

Regards

Deborah (Harries)

E

eddie_76

I very much you will get through. He doesn’t answer anything. Tried anyone I can find , also tried Facebook and linked in.
we need someone to visit him
I think.
Cheers
Hi - I posted the above in August last year (2019). Has anyone heard anything by way of update on the development, or made any progress on tracking down Bernard Soultan? I have not had an update email for two years now (November 2018).

In 2013/14, I sought representation from the Brazilian legal firm below to recover my investment, but reached a dead end, when their associate in Brazil couldn't represent me as they acted for the developer and so there was a conflict of interest.

I wondered whether this route - a Brazilian property lawyer with an office in London - was worth trying again, particularly if a few of us make contact and they can consider a group action? Below are the contact details I had at that time, but I can't seem to post the website link as per the rules of this forum.

Regards

Deborah (Harries)

Renata Sá
Brazilian and Portuguese Lawyer
Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Brazil Property Lawyers
(part of Chamber of International Lawyers)
Vintage House, 37 Albert Embankment London SE1 7TL
Telephone: +44 203 242 0532
Mobile: 07557 386 477
Fax: +44 207 840 0952
Hey guys , I am Brazilian and I live in Toronto . I recently came across the Belmonte lots being sold in Bahia and I have been in contact with the sellers in Brazil . I have been reading this forum and I am now shocked with what I have learned.I was about to buy one of those lots. I will confront them about the turtle bay project. I am sorry you guys are dealing with that headache . Best of luck!

Mikey20

Mikey20

Hey guys , I am Brazilian and I live in Toronto . I recently came across the Belmonte lots being sold in Bahia and I have been in contact with the sellers in Brazil . I have been reading this forum and I am now shocked with what I have learned.I was about to buy one of those lots. I will confront them about the turtle bay project. I am sorry you guys are dealing with that headache . Best of luck!
Do keep us posted on the clarifications you get.