ad

Bolton BTL

M

Marcosa89

Hi Guys,

I am looking to start my investment journey and currently in my research phase. One location I am particularly interested in is Bolton, due to its recently upgraded transport links to Manchester Piccadilly, and the £1Bn investment master plan. I am from the South, however, so do not know the area personally. I am planning on calling estate agents as part of my research but I am aware they may be a little biased, so was hoping for some candid answers from experienced investors.

I am looking for a balance of yield and capital growth, but with a greater weight on yield in order to build my portfolio. In your opinion, is Bolton a good shout? If so, do you have any tips/suggestions where to look/what to look for in the area? Feel free to suggest other areas too (although as a rookie, I will not be looking at multi-lets/HMO until I have gained some more experience).

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Marcus

D

diyhelp

While there is no doubt that Manchester is very much an up-and-coming area, I am not so sure about Bolton. If you are investing in the region, surely you must visit it first?

M

Marcosa89

While there is no doubt that Manchester is very much an up-and-coming area, I am not so sure about Bolton. If you are investing in the region, surely you must visit it first?
Hey,

It was mentioned by Rob & Rob in one of their podcasts so I starting digging and it looks reasonably promising, being only a 22 min train journey into Piccadilly and with massive investment happening.

And yes, once I nail down my targets over the next few months I’ll be visiting the areas. But I am trying to gain as much knowledge of these areas online first, so that I can make the most of my time when I do get up there.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

What kind of rental yield is available in Bolton? My initial thoughts would be high yield and low potential for capital growth but this may well be an outdated stereotype.