Is Dubai a good market to invest in real estate? If so then suggest a good property?

F

FutureY

Is Dubai a good market to invest in real estate? If so then suggest a good property?

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I don't personally know enough about the Dubai property market specifically, but with any other property markets, it's all about making sure you do enough research. Can i ask why are you thinking of investing in Dubai in particular?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
The Dubai property market has undergone some major changes over the last few years. A number of developers have gone by the wayside, new regulations have come into play and while interest is growing again I believe the rental market is slowing in some areas - always an interesting indicator about the overall market. Longer term the Dubai market has many positives but you will need to be selective about the areas and types of property in which you invest.

D

diyhelp

There seems to be a lot of negative sentiment surrounding Dubai - will it get worse before it gets better? Will it impact property prices? I for one would not be investing in Dubai just now.

S

Safifi

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I don't personally know enough about the Dubai property market specifically, but with any other property markets, it's all about making sure you do enough research. Can i ask why are you thinking of investing in Dubai in particular?

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I remember the days when Dubai was THE market. It even seemed to defty gravity when the rest of the world was struggling. In the end it did struggle, companies went under and the government stepped in. It seems to have steadied over the last couple of years although I see conflicting reports of softening rental yields.

S

Safifi

The problem with Dubai new properties is the fact that the major developers rule the roost and the legal framework supports them to the Detriment of individual investors. The worst culprit in this respect is Damac by any measure. They are a law into themselves with a nakedly avaricious set up hidden behind their glitzy promotions and a woefully undertrained staff that fail miserably in providing any meaningful customer service.

P

PostBrexitInvestor

Hi Ishan,

Unless you have permission from the site owner I think you will be in trouble advertising your site. That would be a shame as you obviously know what you are talking about.