Hello. need avice on property purchase

S

steven dvornitzki

I'm in the process of buying a property in Bulgaria near Ruse, but due to a job change and lack of time off i can't get over there to finalise the notary paperwork.

Could this be done remotely by a third party on my behalf ??

Thanks

Steve

N

nmb

I am sure you should be able to appoint a third party to act on your behalf - maybe a recommendation by a major bank or from a third party contact you know and trust?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

You need someone on the ground fighting your corner, looking after your interests. Doing everying remotely may seem cool and techy but how would that work?

R

realdeals

There are many potential pitfalls when buying property and these are multiplied when looking to buy overseas. Not having any representation in the area is very dangerous.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I am sure there are ways and means of getting this paperwork signed remotely but you need to ensure it is a trusted party working on your behalf - perhaps a recommendation by a friend?

M

michael1978

You should be able to appoint someone at any public notary to take care of all paper work.But it should be someone you trust.

D

diyhelp

This is perhaps the major issue when buying property overseas, especially when you cant visit and dont know any trusted parties in the area. I would advise caution - although as suggested above there are ways around this.

R

renupicker

For purchasing property real estate experts gives you the best advice. Check out the projects of builders and developers.

D

diyhelp

How did you get on with your investment @steven dvornitzki ?

I woud be interested to learn if you found someone to act on your behalf and how it went?