Is the Dubai real estate market deflating or collapsing?

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
While the recent performance figures for Dubai real estate do not make impressive reading whichever way you look at them, there is some debate as to whether the Dubai real estate market is deflating or collapsing. A recent report by consultancy firm JLL confirmed what we already know, sales figures are down, prices fell a

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Is the Dubai real estate market deflating or collapsing?

N

nmb

The Dubai real estate market has undergone a monumental change over the last 20 years or so. It is back in favour after the 2008 US mortgage crisis but now there are better regulations in place, more protection for investors and a greater confidence in the market. The general opinion seems to be that the market is reflecting worldwide economic concerns and consolidating at lower levels as opposed to collapsing.

While not yet considered to be a "mature" market there is no doubt that Dubai has moved on from the fledgeling market it was at the turn-of-the-century.

S

sonamwsingh

When we consider present time then gives conclusion that Dubai real estate market is not going much effective in some days, except these we can say that over all it is going good. The commercial real estate developers can take more interest in developing property as demand is increasing day by day.

A

Atta Ur Rehman

Yes I think this is because there is no sale of apartments instead there are lot of apartments for rent in dubai which is causing a draw back in the property market. There is also a chance that there are nowadays several real estate agencies in dubai that's the second reason.

B

Baqar

I think the property market is different in the business bay after bay avenue because they have introduced a number of new dining places and a bunch of real estate options with some hotels and jogging areas and better restaurant options in the town,

M

michael1978

Is it really? I would love to know when properties will really go down in price.

M

michael1978

@ FWL I know Dubai is not what it used to be anymore, all prices have gone up and from what I heard it is quite unstable market. How is it firming up again?

M

michael1978

Why? If properties prices are going down it means that everything goes down :)
That's the point, it is very unstable, even if properties will go down in price, they will find something to get their money, UAE people are smart.

S

Sonalia

As the Dubai economy continued to grow and the expat community followed suit it became obvious there was a significant shortfall in accommodation. This saw a massive investment in both traditional accommodation and office properties attracting some of the world’s best-known property companies.

S

SergejPetrov

Investors and buyers cashed in on lower property prices in Dubai as the number of transactions jumped 20 per cent to hit 11-year high of 41,988 in 2019 as compared to 34,961 transactions in the previous year.

H

Hazel Ryan

Real estate has been the best investment in Dubai. There's no doubt that every project and development is going to work.
It's also amazing how the digitalization process completed so fast in Dubai. This can actually work in the current crisis.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
Everyone keeps saying the Dubai real estate market is somewhat removed from Covid-19 but from memory that is what they said about the 2008 crash until it finally wiped out the Dubai real estate sector and saw a near collapse in the banking system. Dangerous to assume any area/market will not be impacted - it is spreading across the world!