Will Spanish property prices suffer if UK expats return home?

D

DC

The UK market, from what I recall is maximum 4% probably lower in the total market. So in short answer, it will impact some small areas (Marbella, Javea, Torrevieja) etc, but generally not the overall market.

L

Longterminvestor

Administrator
I agree - the biggest impact will be in the expat enclaves around the coastal areas. Remember, if UK expats do relocate back home they will also be taking their spending money back with them. Some of the tourist led coastal economies could see a fairly big hit?

P

PostBrexitInvestor

While Brexit continues to grab the headlines there are a lot of major issues effecting the EU behind the scenes - the Italian budget problem is just one. Personally I would hold off buying Spanish property in the short term.

N

nmb

Personally I think the EU dream is dying a death - the UK has inflicted the first cut. This could well end up being death by a thousand cuts. You have been warned :)

D

diyhelp

It is starting to look like the UK will still be formally tied to the EU in some shape or form after Brexit. This looks like the first step towards keeping the UK in the EU with another vote further down the line - which is the way the EU works. This must be beneficial for the Spanish property market?